Total views : 407
Interconnected Interface Enhanced Electrical Properties of Graphite in Bio-based Epoxy from Insulating to Conductor Composites
The fabrication and characterization of composite films of graphite/bioepoxy is disclosed. Thin films of ~0.1 mm thick are prepared using a simple solution mixing with mass proportion of 1/0.5 (biomonomer/Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate, MDI), upon differ treated graphite weight loading (5 wt.%, 10 wt.%, 15 wt.%, 20 wt.%, 25 wt.%, 30 wt.%) and drop casting at room temperature. The morphologic study by FE-SEM shows a homogeneously dispersed and strong interface between the graphite and the bioepoxy material. Ultraviolet-visible (UV-vis) spectrophotometer are performed to evaluate the changes in adsorption spectra arising with the increasing of graphite weight loading (wt.%) into the bio-based matrix. An eye opening I-V characteristic of the thin films where the percolation threshold occurs at higher graphite loading (20 wt.%, 25 wt.% and 30 wt.%) gives conductivity of 103-104 S/m. Whilst lower graphite loading (5 wt.%, 10 wt.% and 15 wt.%) somehow need further discussion. The influence of graphite in bioepoxy materials is paramount as it across insulatingsemiconductor- conductor applications.
Bioepoxy, Graphite-Bioepoxy Composites, Insulating-Semiconductor-Conductor, Strong Interface
- Balint R, Cassidy NJ, Cartmell SH. Conductive polymers: Towards a smart biomaterial for tissue engineering. Acta Biomaterialia. 2014 Jun; 10(6):2341–53.
- Kalaitzidou K, Fukushima H, Drzal LT. A route for polymer nanocomposites with engineered electrical conductivity and percolation threshold. Materials. 2010;3(2):1089–103.
- Yamamoto N, Guzman deVilloria R, Cebeci HG, Wardle BL.Thermal and electrical transport in hybrid woven composites reinforced with aligned carbon nanotubes. Proceedings of the 51st AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference. 2010 Apr.
- Li M, Wan Y, Gao Z, Xiong G, Wang X, Wan C, Luo H.Preparation and properties of polyamide 6 thermal conductive composites reinforced with fibers. Materials and Design. 2013 Oct; 51: 257–61.
- Stankovich S, Dikin DA, Dommett GHB, Kohlhaas KM, Zimney EJ, Stach EA, Piner RD, Nguyen SBT, Ruoff RS.Graphene-based composite materials.Nature. 2006 Jul 20;442:282–6.
- Narimissa E, Gupta RK, Choi HJ, Kao N, Jollands M. Morphological, mechanical and thermal characterization of biopolymer composites based on polylactide and nanographite platelets. Polymer Composites. 2012 Sep;33(9):1505–15.
- Shih WP, Tsao LC, Lee CW, Cheng MY, Chang CL, Yang YJ, Fan KC. Flexible temperature sensor array based on a graphite-polydimethylsiloxane composite. Sensors. 2010;10(4):3597–610.
- Zhou LM, Feng X, Mi XJ, Li YF, Xie HF, Yin XQ. Mechanical reinforcement and shape memory effect of graphite nanoplatelet-reinforced epoxy composites. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures. 2014; 1–7.
- Perween M, Parmar DB, Bhadu GR, Srivastava DN.Polymer-graphite composite: A versatile use and throw plastic chip electrode. Analyst. 2014 Nov 21;139(22):5919–26.
- Li JH, Li J, Li M. Preparation of expandable graphite with ultrasound irradiation. 2007 Nov; 61(28):5070–3.
- Anika Zafiah MR. Polymer from renewable materials.Science Progress. 2010; 93(3):285–200.
- Anika Zafiah MR. Degradation studies of polyurethanes based on vegetables oils: Part I: Photodegradation. Progress in Reaction Kinetic and Mechanism. 2008; 33(4):391–63.
- Thema FT, Moloto MJ, Dikio ED, Nyangiwe NN, Kotsedi L, Maaza M, Khenfouch M. Synthesis and characterization of graphene thin films by chemical reduction of exfoliated and intercalated graphite oxide. Journal of Chemistry.2013; 6.
- Afroze S, Rahman MM, Kabir H, Md. Kabir A, Ahmed F, Md. Gafur A. Physical, optical and thermal propertiesof graphite and talk filler reinforced Polypropylene (PP) composites. International Journal of Advanced Scientific and Technical Research. 2012 Oct; 5(2).
- Roy N, Sengupta R, Bhowmick AK. Modifications of carbon for polymer composites and nanocomposites. Progress in Polymer Science. 2012 Jun; 37(6):781–819.
- Bachari TS. Electric properties of Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) - polyol and prepared Sulfonated Phenol Formaldehyde Resin (SPF) bulk samples composite. Asian Journal of Applied Science and Engineering. 2014; 3(2).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.