Total views : 352
Fuzzy Logic based Speed Control of BLDC Motor on Sensorless Technique for Space Applications
For space applications there is an increasing trend to move towards using Brushless Direct Current (BLDC) motors because of their high efficiency, silent operation, compact form, reliability, and low maintenance. Traditionally, BLDC motors are commutated in six-step pattern with commutation controlled by position sensors. BLDC motors do require rotor position information in order to select the appropriate commutation angle. To reduce cost and complexity of the drive system, sensorless drive is preferred. In this paper, circuits have been designed for sensorless control technique to be used in space application and carrying out its simulation in MATLAB using controller (FLC).The sensorless rotor position technique detects the zero crossing points of trapezoidal Back-EMF induced in the BLDC motor windings. Three phase Back-EMF Zero Crossing points are sensed while one of the three phase windings is not powered. The obtained information is processed in order to commutate the energized phase pair.
BLDC Motor, Back EMF, Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), Zero Crossing Detection.
- Gamazo-Real JC, Vázquez-Sánchez E, Gómez-Gil J. Position and speed control of brushless dc motors using sensorless techniques and application trends.Sensors. 2010; 10:6901–47.
- Rao APC, Obulesh YP, Babu CHS. Performance improvement of BLDC motor with hysteresis current controller.International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. 2013; 2(12):5900–7.
- Rajashekar JS, Kumar SCP.Simulation study of MOSFET based drive circuit design of sensorless BLDC motor for space vehicle.International Journal of Current Trends in Engineering and Technology. 2014; 1(1):1–6.
- Makavana R, Shah BA, Makwana D. Design of fuzzy logic controller for speed regulation of BLDC motor using MATLAB.International Journal for Scientific Research and Development. 2013; 1(2): 391–95.
- RameshMV, Amarnath J, Kamakshaiah S,Rao GS. Speed control of brushless dc motor by using fuzzy logic PI controller.ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences.2011; 6(9):55–62.
- Singh. CP, Kulkarni SS, Rana SC, Deo K. State-space based simulink modeling of BLDC motor and its speed control using fuzzy PID controller.International Journal of Advances in Engineering Science and Technology. 2012; 2(3):359–69.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.