Total views : 442
Analysis of Classical Controller by Variation of Innerloop and Controller Gain for Two-level Grid-connected Converter
With the depletion of fossil fuel, the world is shifting towards the sources of alternate energy, but a major impediment in their utilization is their inter-connection with the grid. This paper builds on the model of a grid-connected converter which is used to interface the different alternate energy sources using matlab/simulink as simulation software. The classical control techniques proportional/proportional integral (P/PI) are applied on the model of the two-level grid-connected converter with LCL filter. The overall structure of the system is based upon the inner-loop capacitor current and outerloop controller feedback. These parameters are varied and their effect is investigated in the presence of utility harmonics. The limitations and performance of the system with the variation in gain values is studied so that optimal gains can be identified.
Grid-Connected Converters, Micro-grid, Total Harmonic Distortion
- Sharkh SM, Abusara MA, Orfanoudakis GI, Hussain B. PowerElectronic Converters for Microgrids. New Jersey,USA: John Wiley and Sons Ltd; 2014 Apr. ISBN 978-0-470-82403-0.
- Jamil M, Hussain B, Sharkh SM, Abusara MA, Boltryk R J. Microgrid Power Electronic Converters: State of The Art andFuture Challenges. Proceedings of the IEEE 44th International UniversitiesPower Engineering Conference (UPEC); 2009 Sep 1–4; Glasgow: Southampton, UnitedKingdom: IEEE. p. 1–5.
- IEEE Standard for Interconnecting Distributed Resources withElectric Power Systems; IEEE Std 1547. 2003. p. 1–28.
- Jamil M, Sharkh SM, Abusara MA, Boltryk RJ. Robust Repetitive ControllerFeedback Control of a Three-Phase GridConnected Inverter. IET 5th International Conference on PowerElectronics and Drives; 2010 Apr 19–2; United Kingdom:IET. p. 1–66.
- Jamil M, et al. Design and Analysis of Odd-Harmonic Repetitive Controlfor Three-Phase Grid Connected Voltage SourceInverter. Review on Electrical Engineering (Przeglad Electrotechniczny); 2013. 1a: 292–95. ISSN: 00332097.
- Abusara MA, Jamil M, Sharkh SM. Repetitive Current Controller forInterleaved Grid-Connected Inverters. IEEE 3rd InternationalSymposium on Power Electronics for Distribution GenerationSystems (PEDG); 2012 Jun 25–28; Aalborg: IEEE. p. 558–63.
- Jamil M. Repetitive Current Control of Two-Level and Interleaved Three-Phase PWM Utility Connected Inverters [PhD Thesis]. United Kingdom: Faculty of Engineering and theEnvironment, University of Southhampton; 2012 Feb.
- Haseeb M, Jamil M, Faisal M, Firdousi F. Analysis of Three- PhaseTwo-Level PWM Inverter with LCL Filter using ClassicalControllers for Renewable Energy Sources. Proceedings ofInternational Conference on Energy and Sustainability; 2013 Apr 27; Karachi, Pakistan: NED UET. p.63–67.
- IEEE Recommended practice for utility Interface of Photovoltaic Systems(PV); IEEE Std 929-2000.
- Liserre M, Blaajberg F, Hansen S. Design and Control of an LCLFilter based Three-Phase Active Rectifier. IEEE Transactions onIndustry Applications. 2005; 41(5):1281–91.
- Jamil M, Sharkh SM, Abusara MA. Current Regulation of Three-Phase Grid Connected Voltage Source Inverter Using RobustDigital Repetitive Control. International Review ofAutomatic Control (Theory and Applications); 2011Mar. 4(2):211.
- Jamil M, et al. DSP Based Hardware Implementation of Repetitive CurrentController for Interleaved Grid Connected Inverter. Review on Electrical Engineering (Przeglad Electrotechniczny);2013. 2a: 251–55. ISSN: 00332097.
- Jamil M, Arshad R, Rashid U, Ayaz Y. Design and Analysis ofRepetitive Controllers for Grid Connected Inverter ConsideringPlant Bandwidth for Interfacing Renewable EnergySources. Proceedings of 2014 IEEE International Conferenceon Renewable Energy Research and Applications(ICRERA); 2014 Oct; Milwaukee, USA: IEEE. p.19–22.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.