Total views : 187
Secured Direction Oriented Forwarding through Minimum Amount of Edge Nodes (SDOF-MEN) Protocol for MANETS
Background/Objectives: A Mobile Ad-Hoc Network is formed with an assembly of mobile nodes. Efficient data transmission with security is the important requirement. Security vulnerabilities like attacks are high in MANET. One of the vital attacks is Black hole attack. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The objective of this article is to transmit data in efficient way and also in secured manner. This paper suggests a Secured Direction Oriented Forwarding through Minimum amount of Edge Nodes (SDOF-MEN) protocol for MANET. By reducing the amount of transmissions the efficiency can be improved. Secured transmission is achieved by identifying and removing Hateful nodes from the network. Findings: The SDOF-MEN Protocol is a method which selects least amount of edge nodes to communicate the data. It picks one particular verge node as following hop, and transmits data to the selected following node only. Hence the routing overhead is completely reduced. Thereby it reduces the amount of path-finding messages. With respect to the location, the information is straightly conveyed through midway nodes, hence the efficiency of the whole network is increased. Some nodes are Hateful nodes which are dropping data packets. It identifies both internal and external black hole nodes and removes from the data transmission process. Applications/Improvements: In this paper the algorithm is simulated using ns-2 simulator and analyzed by measuring the performance parameter Packet Delivery Ratio. The Packet Delivery Ratio can be enriched by removing Hateful node.
Base Station, Black Hole Attack, Mobile Ad-Hoc Network, Reduced Path-finding Overhead, Routing Through Edge Node, Secured Transmission
- Tseng F-H, Chou L-D, Chao H-C. A survey of black hole attacks in wireless mobile ad hoc networks. Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences. 2011; 1:4.
- Umang S, Reddy BVR, Hoda MN. Enhanced intrusion detection system for hateful node detection in ad hoc routing protocols using minimal energy consumption. IET Communications. 2010; 4(17):2084–94.
- Suganthi, R, Gomathi SS. Direction Oriented Forwarding with Power Adaption (DOFPA) protocol for MANETs. 2014 International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing; 2014.
- Taneja S, Kush A. A survey of routing protocols in mobile ad hoc networks. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology. 2010; 1(3):279–85.
- Rao M, Singh N. Performance evaluation of AODV nth BR routing protocol under varying node density and node mobility for MANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(17).
- Rajamanickam S, Gomathi SS. Efficiency improved direction oriented forwarding protocol with the utilization of the node mobility for MANET. International Review on Computers and Software (IRECOS); 2015.
- Kurosawa S, Nakayama H, Kato N, Jamalipour A, Nemoto A. Detecting blackhole attack on AODV-based mobile ad hoc networks by dynamic learning method. International Journal of Network Security. 2007; 5(3):338–46.
- Deb D, Roy SB, Chaki N. Lacber: A new location aided routing protocol for GPS scarce MANET. International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Networks. 2009; 1(1):22–35.
- Mikki MA. Energy efficient location aided routing protocol for wireless MANETs. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2009; 4(1–2):9.
- Haas ZJ, Pearlman MR, Samar P. The Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP) for ad hoc networks. IETF Internet Draft; 2002.
- SreeRangaRaju MN, Mungara J. Optimized ZRP for MANETs and its Applications. International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Networks. 2011; 3(3):84–94.
- Amiri R, Rafsanjani MK, Khosravi E. Black hole attacks detection by invalid ip addresses in mobile ad hoc networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(4):401–8.
- Parthiban S, Rodrigues P, Kuder. Richardson reputation coefficient based reputation mechanism for isolating root node attack in MANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(15).
- Hussain MA. Deployment of mobile ad-hoc network ticket based QoS routing protocol for healthcare. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(15).
- Suganthi R, Gomathi SS. Direction oriented forwarding through minimum number of edge nodes (DOF-MEN) protocol for MANETs. IET Chennai Fourth International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Intelligent Systems (SEISCON 2013); 2013. p. 437–42.
- Vishnu K, Paul AJ. Detection and removal of cooperative black/gray hole attack in mobile ADHOC networks. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 1(22):38–42.
- Saini A, Kumar H. Effect of black hole attack on AODV routing protocol in MANET. International Journal of Computer Science and Technology. 2010; 1(2):57–60.
- Himral L, Vig V, Chand N. Preventing AODV routing protocol from black hole attack. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2011; 3(5):3927–32.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.