Total views : 583
A Novel Hybrid Locomotion Mechanism for Small Mobile Robot
A novel design of hybrid locomotion system for mobile robots is presented in this paper. The wheel and track type combined motion system used, which results as a hybrid locomotion mechanism that includes a robot flexible and versatile interchangeable locomotion. This robot has a switch over module (Track Tensioner unit) that helps the robot to change wheel mechanism from track mechanism. The switch over module operated by means of rack and pinion mechanism, with the force exerted by pinion on mating rack. The switch over module slides upward and downward depends on the direction of pinion rotation. This hybrid mobile robot will be able to work in all type of terrains.
Hybrid Mechanism, Locomotion System, Mechanical Design, Mobile Robot, Mobility System.
- Adachi H, Koyachi N. Development of a leg-wheel hybrid mobile robot and its step-passing algorithm. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Expanding the Societal Role of Robotics in the Next Millennium Maui, Hawaii. 2001. p. 728–33.
- Lacagnina M, Muscato G, Sinatra R. Kinematics, dynamics and control of a hybrid robot Wheeleg. Journal Robotics and Autonomous Systems. 2003 Dec; 45(3–4):161–80.
- Michaud OIS, Etourneau DL, Arsenault M, Bergeron Y, Cadrin R, Ed FR, Legault M, Millette M, Tremblay M, Lepage P, Morin YAN. Multi-modal locomotion robotic platform using leg-track-wheel articulations. Journal Autonomous Robots. 2005 Mar; 18(2):137–56.
- Boxerbaum AS, Werk P, Quinn RD, Vaidyanathan R. Design of an autonomous amphibious robot for surf zone operation: Part I mechanical design for multi-mode mobility. IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics; 2005 July24-28. p. 1459–64.
- Crespi A, Ijspeert AJ. Swimming and crawling with an amphibious snake robot. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation; 2005 Apr 18-22; Barcelona, Spain. p. 3024–28.
- Ye C, Lii B. Design and basic experiments of a shape-shifting mobile robot for urban search and rescue. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems; Beijing, China. 2006 Oct 9-15. p. 3994–9.
- Ben-Tzvi P, Goldenberg AA, Zu JW. Design and analysis of anhybrid mobile robot mechanism with compounded locomotion and manipulation capability. Journal Mechanical Design. 2008 May 20; 130(7). p. 072302.
- Dubowsky S, Kesner S, Plante JS, Boston P. Hopping mobility concept for search and rescue robots. Journal Industrial Robot: An International Journal. 2008; 35(3):238–45.
- Rimassa L, Zoppi M, Molfino R. A modular serpentine rescue robot with climbing ability. Journal Industrial Robot: An International Journal. 2009; 36(4):370–6.
- Bayar G, Koku AB, Konukseven E. Design of a configurable all terrain mobile robot platform. Journal Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences. 2009; 3(4):366–73.
- Shi Q, Miyagishima S, Konno S, Fumino S, Ishii H, Takanishi A, Laschi C, Mazzolai B, Mattoli V, Dario P. Development of the hybrid wheel-legged mobile robot WR-3 designed to interact with rats. 3rd IEEE RAS and EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics; Tokyo, Japan: The University of Tokyo; 2010 Sep 26-29. p. 887–92.
- Ben-Tzvi P, Goldenberg Aa, Zu JW. Articulated hybrid mobile robot mechanism with compounded mobility and manipulation and on-board wireless sensor/actuator control interfaces. Journal Mechatronics. 2010 Sep; 20(6):627–39.
- Chen SC, Shen SY. Experimental validation of a leg-wheel hybrid mobile robot Quattroped. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation; 2011 May 9-13; Shangai, China.p. 2976–77.
- Quaglia G, Bruzzone L, Bozzini G, Oderio R, Razzoli RP. Epi.q-TG: mobile robot for surveillance. Journal Industrial Robot: An International Journal. 2011; 38(3):282–91.
- Balchanowski J, Gronowicz A. Design and simulations of wheel-legged mobile robot. Journal Acta Mechanica and Automatica. 2012; 6:11–16.
- Cubero SN. Design concepts for a hybrid swimming and walking vehicle. Engineering, International Symposium on Robotics and Intelligent Sensors. 2012; 41:1211–20.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.