Total views : 215
Injection of Reactive Power for Optimization Power Loss and Voltage Deviation with a Proposed NSGA-II
The reactive power distribution affects the security and the economic performance of the power system chiefly. Although the reactive power generation is in does not cost anything in the operation phase, but it affects the whole cost by the system losses. The mentioned problem is a non-linear optimization topic with the combination of continuous and noncontinuous variables. This paper proposes a new innovative method to reach the increase in the power system deviation and transmission loss. In this study, it is tried to reach the most optimum multiple goals by based on multi objective Genetic Algorithm with Pareto optimal non-dominated solutions of OPF problem. In this study had employed the limit accept block until for put variable to the allowable limits. Simulation result shows the effect of proposes algorithm in reducing transmission loss and voltage deviation. A MNSGA-II is presented in this paper to solve the multi objective problems. The main goal is to determine the optimal combination of power outputs for all generating units that optimize the total power loss and voltage deviations while satisfying load demand (active and reactive) and operating constraints. According to results, the ability to jump out of the local optima enhanced and thus the high precision are achieved.
NSGA-II, Optimization, Power Loss, Reactive Power, Voltage Deviation.
- Hariharan T, Sundaram KM. Optimal power flow using hybrid intelligent algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(23).
- Yan W, Lu S, Yu DC. A novel optimal reactive power dispatch method based on an improved hybrid evolutionary programming technique. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2004; 19(2):913–8.
- Shi L, Wang C, Yao L, Ni Y, Bazargan M. Optimal power flow solution incorporating wind power. IEEE Systems Journal. 2012; 6(2):233–41.
- Abido M. Optimal power flow using tabu search algorithm. Electric Power Components and Systems. 2002; 30(5):469–83.
- Zhang W, Liu Y. Multi-objective reactive power and voltage control based on fuzzy optimization strategy and fuzzy adaptive particle swarm. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. 2008; 30(9):525–32.
- Vanitha R, Baskaran J, Sudhakaran M. Multi objective optimal power flow with STATCOM using DE in WAFGP. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(2):191–8.
- Rahmati M, Effatnejad R, Safari A. Comprehensive Learning Particle Swarm Optimization (CLPSO) for multi-objective optimal power flow. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(3):262–70.
- Lee K, Park Y, Ortiz J. Fuel-cost minimisation for both real-and reactive-power dispatches. IEE Proceedings C - Generation, Transmission and Distribution; 1984; 131(3):85–93.
- Granville S. Optimal reactive dispatch through interior point methods. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 1994; 9(1):136–46.
- Deeb N, Shahidehpour S. An efficient technique for reactive power dispatch using a revised linear programming approach. Electric Power Systems Research. 1988; 15(2):121–34.
- Abido M. Optimal power flow using Particle Swarm Optimization. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2002; 24(7):563–71.
- El Ela AA, Abido M, Spea S. Optimal power flow using differential evolution algorithm. Electric Power Systems Research. 2010; 80(7):878–85.
- Grudinin N. Reactive power optimization using successive quadratic programming method. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 1998; 13(4):1219–25.
- Abido MA. Environmental/economic power dispatch using multiobjective evolutionary algorithms. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2003; 18(4):1529–37.
- Ezhilarasan S, Palanivel P, Sambath S. Design and development of energy management system for DG source allocation in a micro grid with energy storage system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(13).
- Fan J, McDonald J. A practical approach to real time economic dispatch considering unit's prohibited operating zones. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 1994; 9(4):1737–43.
- Bakirtzis AG, Biskas PN, Zoumas CE, Petridis V. Optimal power flow by enhanced Genetic Algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2002; 17(2):229–36.
- Rouhi F, Effatnejad R. Unit commitment in power system T by combination of Dynamic Programming (DP), Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(2):134.
- Abedinia O, Amjady N, Kiani K, Shayanfar H, Ghasemi A. Multiobjective environmental and economic dispatch using imperialist competitive algorithm. IJTPE. 2012; 14(11):63–70.
- Srinivas N, Deb K. Muiltiobjective optimization using nondominated sorting in Genetic Algorithms. Evolutionary Computation. 1994; 2(3):221–48.
- Deb K, Pratap A, Agarwal S, Meyarivan T. A fast and elitist multiobjective Genetic Algorithm: NSGA-II. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. 2002; 6(2):182–97.
- Mohammadi M, Nastaran M, Sahebgharani A. Sustainable spatial land use optimization through Non-Dominated Sorting Genetic Algorithm-II (NSGA-II): Case Study: Baboldasht District of Isfahan. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S3):118–29.
- Eghbalpour H, Nabatirad M, Rahnamafard Y, Pirayesh A. Power exchange algorithm for improving answers of meta-heuristic methods in economic dispatch. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1).
- Padmanabhan B, Premalatha L. Honey bees searching optimization for non convex dynamic power dispatch problem in thermal units. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(18).
- Ambika R, Rajeswari R, Nivedita A. Comparative analysis of nature inspired algorithms applied to reactive power planning studies. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(5):445–53.
- Abido M, Bakhashwain J. Optimal VAR dispatch using a multiobjective evolutionary algorithm. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2005; 27(1):13–20.
- Vlachogiannis JG, Lee KY. Coordinated aggregation Particle Swarm Optimization applied in reactive power and voltage control. 2006 IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting; Montreal, Que. 2006.
- Niknam T, Narimani M, Azizipanah-Abarghooee R, Bahmani-Firouzi B. Multiobjective optimal reactive power dispatch and voltage control: A new opposition-based self-adaptive modified gravitational search algorithm. Systems Journal, IEEE. 2013; 7(4):742–53.
- Javidan J, Ghasemi A. Environmental/economic power dispatch using multi-objective honey bee mating optimization. International Review of Electrical Engineering. 2012; 7(1):3667–75.
- Abido M. A niched Pareto Genetic Algorithm for multiobjective environmental/economic dispatch. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2003; 25(2):97–105.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.