Total views : 230
A Novel Fuzzy-Genetic Hybrid Classification Algorithm for Soil Profile Data
Background/Objectives: Fuzzy Logic is derived from Fuzzy Set that deals with reasoning that is accurate rather than precisely based on degrees of membership, and are well-liked tools in the application of prediction, classification and recognition based problems. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This work projected a novel Fuzzy Classification Algorithm to train Fuzzy Inference System to classify and predict soil profile data with soil Total Porosity and proposed a fuzzy-genetic hybrid based clustering algorithm namely GENetic algorithm for SOIL (GENSOIL) profile data. Soil samples were collected from International Soil Reference and Information Centre. Findings: Fuzzy Rule Base has been developed and using in a proposed Fuzzy Classification Algorithm to train Fuzzy Inference System for soil profile data classification and prediction. The proposed algorithm classified the soil samples based on Fuzzy Rule Base using with Fuzzy Membership Function and hybrid with a randomized and optimized Genetic algorithm. A Novel Fuzzy-Genetic Hybrid Classification Algorithm compared with k-Means and Fuzzy C-Means are assessed on the basis of the time complexity of clustering. Applications/Improvements: The advantage of novel Fuzzy-Genetic Hybrid Classification Algorithm is their applicability in different types of related optimization problems with a superior speed of calculation and found solution very close to the best one.
Classification, Fuzzy C-Means, Fuzzy Logic, Fuzzy Rule Base, Genetic, K-Means, Soil Profile
- Jain AK. Data clustering: 50 years beyond K-means. Pattern Recognition Letters. 2010; 31(8) :651-66.
- Akram M, Habib S, Javed I. Intuitonistic fuzzy logic control for washing machines. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 May; 7(5).
- Goldberg DE. Genetic algorithms in search, optimization and machine learning. Addison Wesley Publishing Company; 1989.
- Rousseeuw. Silhouettes: A graphical aid to the interpretation and validation of cluster analysis. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. 1987; 20:53-65.
- Ghosh S, Kumar S. Comparative analysis of k-means and fuzzy c-means algorithms. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. 2013.
- Ashok Kumar D, Kannathasan N. A study and characterization of chemical properties of soil surface data using k-means algorithm. International Conference on Pattern Recognition Informatics and Mobile Engineering; 2013.
- Ashok Kumar D, Kannathasan N. A novel soil profile feature reduction model using principal component analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(29).
- Batjes NH. ISRIC-WISE Harmonized Global Soil Profile Dataset (Ver.3.1). A Report-2008/2.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.