Total views : 269
Enhanced Power Control Algorithm in Cognitive Radio for Multimedia Communication
Background/Objectives: In underlay cognitive radio network, the power control systems play a major role where the secondary users should not affect the primary users transmission. The interference constraints are not attained by all users as the Signal to Interference Noise Ratio (SINR) of the target requirement is not satisfied in the distributed algorithm for power control. Hence, an algorithm is proposed to reduce the power and to regulate the interference constraints of the primary and secondary users. The SINR also has to be maintained. In the proposed method, the distributed statistical algorithm is used when the interference constraints is not available when all transmitters are in active mode to obtain an efficient solution. Methods: In order to minimize the level of SINR for each link between primary and secondary user, a distributed algorithm for power control is proposed. The traditional power control algorithms are used to maintain the secondary users transmission within specific power levels. The main drawback of the traditional algorithms is that the constraints are not met when all the transmitters are active. Result: A Power minimizing algorithm along with the distributed statistical elimination algorithm, to suppress the transmission of selected number of links when all the nodes are active is proposed. This satisfies the SINR requirement of the secondary links. Application: The proposed elimination algorithm enables the optimized power distribution, hence it is a more practical solution in networks with increased number of secondary users.
Cognitive Radio Networks (CRN), Distributed Stochastic Algorithms (DSA), Distributed Algorithm for Power Control, Interference Constraints, Power Reduction Algorithm
- Mitola J. Cognitive radio for flexible mobile multimedia communication, in Proceedings of IEEE International Workshop on Mobile Multimedia Communication (MoMuC), San Diego, CA, USA, 1999; 3–10.
- Kolodzy PJ. Spectrum policy task force report. Federal Communications Commission. 2002.
- Foschini GJ, Miljanic Z. A Simple Distributed Autonomous Power Control Algorithm and its Convergence. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 1993 Nov; 42(4):641–46.
- Grandhi SA, Zander J, Yates R. Constrained Power Control Wireless Personal Communication. 1995; 1(4):257–70.
- Koskie S, Gajic Z. A Nash Game Algorithm for SIR-Based Power Control in 3G Wireless CDMA Networks. IEEE/ ACM Transactions on Networking. 2005 Oct; 13(5):1017– 26.
- Holliday T, Bambos N, Glynn P, Goldsmith A. Distributed Power Control for Time Varying Wireless Networks: Optimality and Convergence in Proceedings of Allerton Conference. 2003. p. 1–10.
- Andersin M, Rosberg Z, Zander J. Gradual Removals in Cellular PCS with Constrained Power Control and Noise. Wireless Networks. 1996 Mar; 2(1):27–43.
- Rasti M, Sharafat AR, Zander. Improved Distributed algorithm for power controls with Gradual Removal in Wireless Networks. 14th European Wireless Conference, (EW2008), Prague, 2008 Jun 22-25. p. 1–5.
- Rasti M, Sharafat AR, Zander J. A Distributed and Efficient Power Control Algorithm for Wireless Networks. IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, PIMRC’08, Cannes, 2008; 1–6.
- Qian L, Li X, Attia J, Gajic Z. Power Control for Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks. Proceedings of the 15th IEEE Workshop on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks, LANMAN’07, Princeton, NJ. 2007 Jun 10-13; 7–12.
- Kumar BS, Srivatsa SK. An Efficient Spectrum Sensing Framework and Attack Detection in Cognitive Radio Networks using Hybrid ANFIS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(28):1–12.
- Padmavathi G, Shanmugavel S. Performance Analysis of Cooperative Spectrum Sensing Technique for Low SNR Regime over Fading Channels for Cognitive Radio Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):1–5.
- Rajesh PN, Muthaiah R. Carrier Synchronization in Software Defined Radio using Costas Loop. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jun; 6(6):4697–701.
- Nanthini SB, Hemalatha M, Manivannan D, Devasena L. Attacks in Cognitive Radio Networks (CRN) - a Survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Apr; 7(4):530–36.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.