Total views : 379
Analyzing Associations between the Price of Urban Properties and Population Size with City Development Index in a Selected Cities of Iran (Esfahan, Tabriz, Qazvin, Zanjan and Ilam)
Urban development is defined as the process of quality of life improvement of all the citizens. To reach to this aim, it is required to consider and respect some pertinent principals, rules and norms. In order to begin planning for urban development process, the first step is to evaluate the status of the cities and their development level. Hence, the need for evaluating the development level of cities led to propose an indicator named City Development Index (CDI) by the second UN-HABITAT conference held in Istanbul in 1996. In this study, to determine the effective factors on CDI, we examined associations between the price of urban properties and population size with the CDI. Descriptive and analytical methods are used to analyze the data. Pierson Correlation Coefficient and Regression analysis in SPSS software were used to examine the associations between the study variables. A review study of the available data in internet and libraries were used as the study data. The results for the selected cities in our study show that there was no significant relationship exists between the price of urban properties neither with the CDI nor with the population size. However, a significant association was found between the population size and the CDI (p<0.01). Therefore, considering conditions of the selected cities in Iran, it can conclude that the CDI increased along with increasing the size of population.
City, City Development Index (CDI), Price of Urban Properties, Size of Urban Population.
- Bahraini, SH, Maknoon, MR. Sustainable urban development from thought to action. Journal of Environmentology. Tehran University. 2001; 21:25–43.
- Bashirzadegan F. Sustainable development and environment. Journal of Environment. 1998; 1:30–6.
- Bemanian, MR, Mahmoudi Nejad H. Welfare-oriented urban development for quality of life improvement. Tehran: National Organization of Urbanities and Rural-Assisting; 2008.
- Paranak J, Mahboobolkhalgh A. The report of sustainable development act. Tehran University; 2001.
- Hosseini SY, Eskandari A. Ranking provinces in terms of socio-economic indicators. The Journal of Budget and Plan. 2000; 50:101–21.
- Hekmati F. Ranking the cities of East Azarbayjan province in terms of development. Tabriz: The Organization of Management and Planning of East Azarbayjan Province; 2003.
- Razmi J, Yazdi R, Anvari M. The introduction of evaluation indicators and investigating the trend of sustainable urban development in capital city of Tehran. Process of Management and Development. 2008. N 67.
- Ziari K. Planning for urban properties application. Tehran: Tehran University; 2009.
- Ziari K. Examines the effect of price of properties on spatial organization of city. The Journal of City Identity. 2013; N14(7).
- Statistical Yearbook of East Azarbayjan Province (2011).
- Statistical Yearbook of Esfahan Province (2011).
- Statistical Yearbook of Ilam Province (2011).
- Statistical Yearbook of Zanjan Province (2011).
- Statistical Yearbook of Gazvin Province (2011).
- The website of the Statistical Centre of Iran.
- Saifoldini F. Urban and Regional Planning Dictionary. Shiraz; Shiraz University; 2008.
- Sadoogh MB. Development and sustainable development. Environmental Maintenance Organization. 2001; N15:24–36.
- Samadi S, Moini Sh. The analyzing the price of properties in metropolitans and the limits of urban growth in Iran; the application of Panel data model in selected cities of Tehran, Esfahan and Shiraz. The Journal of Urban and Region Research and Study. 2012; N14(4):83–100.
- Ghadimi H. Informational technology and management of urban development. The Journal of Municipalities. 2000; N42(2):23–35.
- Kiani M. Determining the development level of cities of Kordestan province in years 1373, 1368 and 1378. The Organization of Management and planning of Kordestan, Technology and Research Council. 2003.
- Mohseni Tabrizi A, Agha Mohseni M. Examining the role of social capital in urban development: A case study in Mahallat city. The Journal of Urban Management. 2010; N27:147–62.
- Study and Research Centre of Accommodation and Building. Spatial Planning. Tehran; 1990.
- Yasuri M. Determining development level and ranking Khorasan province cities according to plan and season indicators. The Organization of Management and Planning of Khorasan; 2000.
- Yasuri M. Investigating the budget status and agricultural development indicators in Khorasan province. The Second Academic Conference of Agricultural Economics in Iran. Mashad: Ferdosi University; 2001.
- Elkin TM. Reviewing the City: Toward sustainable urban development. London: Friends of the Earth; 1994.
- Feyzan E. Global transformations versus local dynamics in Istanbul. Pergamon. 2000; 17(5):371–7.
- Khan H, Islam I. Regional disparities in Indonesia: A social indicators approach. Social Indicators Research. 1990; 22(1):69–81.
- Nourbakhsh F. Human development and regional disparities in Iran: A policy analysis. Journal of International Development. 2002; 14(7):927–49.
- Nourbakhsh F. Human development and regional disparities in India. Department of Economics. University of Glasgow; No. 2003-12. 2003.
- Talani Gh. Rural area selection system for development. International Institute for GEO-Information Science and Earth Observation. Netherlands: Enschede; 2003.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.