Total views : 138
The Permian Clayey Sediments Genesis by XRF Data on the Reference Section (Volga River, Russia)
Background/Objectives: To study provenance and epigenetic transformation of clayey sediments, which were collected during the expedition in the summer of2013. Methods/Statistical analysis: Main method, which used in this work: x-ray fluorescence analysis, which conducted on the spectrometer S2 RANGER (BRUKER). Preparing of sample for analysis included its crushing in mill for 5 minutes to a particle size of about 40-50 μm; compaction with boric acid in a press with a force of 200 kN to get a tablet with a very smooth surface. Findings: For the first time in the present work, by using data of the chemical composition and construction of petrochemical diagrams established: 1) geodynamic settings of sedimentation Tatarian age rocks (passive continental margin); 2) dominant source of demolition – mafic rocks;3) identified epigenetic changes clay rocks (low temperature smectite illitization). The obtained data are consistent with the results of previous researchers. The same conclusions have previous researchers in the results of macro- description of outcrop; description of microsections clayey rocks; electronic microscopy, x-ray structural analysis. It should be noted, that sampling section in the Monastirsky ravine made with a high detail step: totally allocated 360 layers of all five suites, 183 sample were analyzed. Application/Improvements: Analysis of petrochemical diagrams, by using data of chemical composition, proved to be a reliable method of complex reconstruction provenance and geodynamic settings in the study outcrop of Monastirsky ravine.
Clayey Rocks, Epigenetic Transformation, Permian Sediments, Smectite Illitization, X-ray Fluorescence.
- Forsh NN. On stratigraphic partition and correlation of the sections of the Tatarian stage in the east of the Russian Platform based on the complex of lithologic and stratigraphic, paleomagnetic, and paleontologic data. Tr. Vses.Neft. Nauchno-Issled. Geologorazved. Inst., Leningrad, Gostoptekhizdat;1963. p.175–211.
- Gusev AK. Tatarian stage. Stratotypes and basic sections of the Upper Permian in theVolga region and Prikamye.Kazan, Ekotsentr;1996.p.131–41.
- Geology of the Prikazansky Region. Guide to the Grounds of Geological Practices.Shevelev AI, editors, Kazan, Novoe Znanie; 2007. p. 208.
- Geology of Tatarstan: Stratigraphy and Tectonics. Burov BV, editor, Moscow, GEOS; 2003. p.403.
- Shinkarev A.A. Structural and phase heterogeneity of organic smectites in natural objects. Extended Abstract of C and. Geol.-Mineral. Sci. Diss. Moscow; 2011.p.24.
- Krinari GA, Khramchenkov MG. Smectiteillitization of asbiotic/abiotic process. Dokl.Ross. Akad. Nauk. 2005; 403(5):664–9.
- Kashik SA. Development of mineral zonesinwastemantels.Novosibirsk,Nauka;1989. p.161.
- VeldeB, Meunier A. The Origin of Clay Minerals in Soils and Weathered Rocks. Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer; 2008.p.426.
- Arefiev MP, Silantiev VV. Sedimento logical and geochemical criteriafor allocation recurrence in the reference section of Urzhumian and Severodvinsk stages “Monastirskii Ravine” (Kazan Volga Region). Material y10-goUral’skogolitolog.soveshch. Virtual ’nyeireal’ nyelitologicheskiemodelis.Proceedings 10th Ural Lithol.Meet. Virtual and Real Lithologic Models. Yekaterinburg, IGG Ural. Otd. Ross.Akad. Nauk.2014;157(2):18–20.
- Ignatiev VI. The Tatarian Stage of the Central and Eastern Regions of the Russian Platform. Kazan, Izd.Kazan.Univ.;1962. p.337.
- Miropolskiy LM. Topogeochemical Research on the Permian Deposits in Tataria. Moscow, Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR; 1956. p.264.
- Sementovskiy YV. Conditions of Formation of Mineral Deposits during the Late Permian Erain the East of the Russian Platform. Kazan, Tatar. Kn. Izd.; 1973.p. 255.
- Silantiev VV, Esin DN. The reference section of the Tatarian stage in the Monastyrskii Ravine. Vestn.Mosk.Univ.,Ser.Geol.1993; 4(4):38–48.
- Krinari GA. Paleogeography of the Tatarian basin around the parastratotype based on the Lithological and mineralogical data. Stratotipy i opornye razrezy verkhnei permi Prikazanskogo raiona: Materialy k Mezhdunar. Simpoziumu.Verkhnepermskie stratotipy Povolzh’ya. Stratotypes and Reference Sections of the Upper Permian in the Prikazansky Region: Proc. Int. Symp. Upper Permian Stratotypes of the Volga Region. Moscow, GEOS; 1998. p. 80–4.
- Nurgalieva NG, Khaziev RR, Gareev BI, Batalin GA.Urzhumian stage in geochemical variations. ARPN :: Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2014; 9(5):757–64.
- Roser BP, Korsch RJ. Determination of tectonic setting of sand stone-mudstonesuitesusingSiO2 content and K2O/ Na2O ratio. The Journal of Geology. 1986; 94(5):635–50.
- Ghosh S, Sarkar S. Geochemistry of Permo-Triassicmudstone of the Satpura Gondwanabasin, CentralIndia: Clues forprovenance.Chemical Geology.2010; 277(1–2):78–100.
- Tikhvinskaya EI. Fundamentals of paleogeography of the east of the Russian Platform in the Upper Permian time.Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR. 1949; 64(2):233–6.
- Letnikova EF. Geochemical types of carbonate deposits of the southern framing of the Siberian Platform. Extended Abstract of Cand. Geol.-Mineral. Sci. Diss. Novosibirsk; 2008. p.39.
- Taylor SR, Mak’Lennan SM. Continental crust: Mineral composition and evolution. M.: Mir; 1988. p.384.
- Nagarajan R, Madhavaraju J, Nagendra R, ArmstrongAltrin JS, Moutte J. Geochemistry of Neoproterozoicshales of the Rabanpalli Formation, BhimaBasin, Northern Karnataka, Southern India: Implications for provenanceand paleoredox conditions. Revista Mexicana de Ciencias Geológicas.2007; 24(2):150–60.
- Nesbitt HW. Petrogenesis of siliciclastic sediments and sedimentary rocks. Geochemistry of Sediments and Sedimentary Rocks: Evolutionary Considerations to Mineral-Deposit-Forming Environ-ments. Lentz RD.Saint-Jones, Canada, Geol. Assoc. Canada GEO text. 2003; 4(8):39–51.
- Saleemi AA, Ahmed Z. Mineral and chemical composition of Karak mudstone, Kohat Plateau, Pakistan: Implications for smectite illitization and provenance/ Sedimentary Geology. 2000; 130(3–4):229–47.
- Solotchina EP. Structural typomorphism of clay minerals of sedimentary sections and waste mantels. Novosibirsk, Geo; 2009. p.234.
- Shahraki I, Harami RM, Mahboubi A, Davoudjahani.Facies analysis, depositional environment and cyclostratigraphy of the lower permian deposits chili formation in the Kalmard Block, East Central Iran (godar-e-gachal Section).Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(10).DOI:10.17485/ijst/2014/v7i10/50885.
- Mood SH, Shahraki J, Jami M, Javdan MJ, Nastooh M.Microfacies analysis, environmental reconstruction and determination of sea-level fluctuations in permian deposits of the Kalmard Area, Khan Gorup (Kuh-e-Ahaki Section).Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(S3).DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS3/60475.
- Jayarin RJ, Ravi T. Measurement of surface ozone and its precursor NOx over Urban and Rural locations in Kannur - A tropical coastal site in India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 Dec; 3(12).DOI:10.17485/ijst/2010/ v3i12/29862.
- Gavva VK, Denisov AG, Arbuzova DP. Monitoring of innovative technologies and projects in the field of improved industrial energy efficiency and the industrial implementation of new energy sources aimed at sustainable development of the Northern (Arctic) Russian Regions.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(12).DOI:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i12/89518.
- Clauer N, Williams LB, Fallick AE. Genesis of nanometric illite crystals elucidated by light-element (hydrogen, lithium, boron and oxygen) isotope tracing, and K–Ar and Rb–Sr dating. Chemical Geology.2014; 383:26–50.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.