Total views : 228
Single and Multiple Pattern String Matching Algorithm
Background/Objectives: Information Retrieval Systems (IRS) are playing an eminent role in different applications like World Wide Web, DNA sequence retrieval, etc. Basically, the IRS systems use the string matching algorithms. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: Since IRS uses string matching algorithms. If string matching algorithms quality is improved then automatically information retrieval system will achieve the most relevant results. For this retrieval purpose in this paper, single pattern and multiple pattern string matching algorithms are proposed. Findings: To assess the efficiency of the proposed single pattern and multiple pattern string matching algorithm in this paper, DNA sequences of different monkeys datasets called Saimiri boliviensis (2.46 Gb), Pan paniscus (2.71 Gb), Macaca nemestrina (2.78 Gb), Colobus angolensis palliates(2.8 Gb), Tarsius syrichta (3.31 Gb) are considered and different tetra patterns TAGA, TCTG are searched in this data sets. From the experimental results, it is observed that proposed single pattern and multiple pattern string matching algorithms outperforms compared to other well-known string matching algorithms. Application/Improvements: It is also observed that multiple pattern string matching algorithm reduces search time and unnecessary comparisons when compared to single pattern string matching and other existing string matching algorithms. These proposed algorithms very useful when we searching about the multiple patterns.
DNA Sequence, Information Retrieval Systems (IRS), Multiple Patterns, String Matching, Single Pattern
- Verma A, Kaur I, Singh I. Comparative analysis of data mining tools and techniques for information retrieval.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11).Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i11/81658
- Singhal S, Amit A. Modern information retrieval: A brief overview. Bulletin of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Data Engineering. 2001:35-43.
- Meenakshi A, Suganthi P, Aghila R, Nirmala S. Information retrieval using dynamic decision Quadtree in soil database.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10).Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i10/87954
- Pavani T, Das RP, Naga Jyothi A, Sampath Dakshina Murthy A. Investigations on array pattern synthesis using nature inspired metaheuristic algorithms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2).Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i2/80642
- Radhakrishnan S, Neduncheliyan S, Thyagharajan KK. A review of downlink packet scheduling algorithms for real time traffic in LTE-advanced networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4).Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i4/84061
- Rao CS, Raju SV. Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) database for tandem repeats with multiple pattern 2°-shaft multicore string matching. Genomics Data. 2016:307-17.
- Rao CS, Raju SV. Similarity analysis between chromosomes of Homo sapiens and monkeys with correlation coefficient, rank correlation coefficient and cosine similarity measures.Genomics Data. 2016:202-9.
- Rao CS, Balakrishna A, Raju MB, Raju SV. A frame work for XML ontology to STEP-PDM from express entities: A string matching approach. Annals of Data Science. 2016 Dec 1; 3(4):469-507.
- Rao CS, Raju SV. Concurrent Information Retrieval System (IRS) for large volume of data with multiple patterns multiple (2N) shaft parallel string matching. Annals of Data Science. 2016:1-29.
- Aho A, Alfred V, John E, Hopcroft H. Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, Pearson Education India; 1974.p.470.
- Knuth D, James H, Morris Jr, Pratt V. Fast pattern matching in strings. SIAM Journal on Computing. 1977; 6(2):323-50.
- Boyer RS, Moore JS. A fast string searching algorithm.Association of Computing Machinary. 1977; 20(10): 262–72.
- Aho AV, Corasick MJ. Efficient string matching: An aid to bibliographic search. Communications of the ACM. 1975 Jun 1; 18(6):333-40.
- Commentz-Walter B. A string matching algorithm fast on the average. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer; 1979. p. 118-32.
- Wu W, Sun S, Manber U. A fast algorithm for multi-pattern searching. 1994. p. 1-11.
- Karp RM, Rabin MO. Efficient randomized pattern-matching algorithms. IBM Journal of Research and Development.1987 Mar; 31(2):249-60.
- Nuclei Acid Research. 2016. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.