Total views : 132
Clinical Decision Support System for Assessment Coronary Heart Disease Based on Risk Factor
Objectives: This study aims to propose a model of coronary heart disease assessment system based on risk factors. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To achieve these objectives, the model proposed system comprises several processes. First, the dimension reduction using principle component analysis (PCA). Second, classification using support vector machine. Third, validate using 10-fold cross validation in the process of training and testing. Training and testing using patient data from the Hospital Dr. Moewardi Solo Indonesia, which amounted to 120 with 12 attributes. Fourth, the system performance is measured using several parameters, namely sensitivity, specificity, area under the curve, positive prediction value, negative prediction value and accuracy. Findings: Tests on the proposed system, to process the dimensional reduction by PCA, which is followed by the method of orthogonal rotation with verimax, resulting nine attributes of the 12 attributes of risk factors. Attribute are obtained by using the variance of data from the PCA process of 71.1908%. Attribute risk factors rotation outcome is age, gender, occupation rate, total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein, triglycerides, systolic and diastolic blood pressure and smooking. System performance prediction is generated for parameter sensitivity 84.20%, specificity 69.09%, accuracy 78.61%, positive prediction value 82.53%, negative prediction value 71.70% and the area under the curve 76.64%. Applications/Improvements: System model of clinical decision support system for the assessmen of coronary heart disease based on risk factors can be used by clinicians, as support in making clinical decisions. The proposed system provides the performance of the medium category.
Assessment, Coronary Heart Disease, Dimentional Reduction, Principle Component Analysis, Risk Factor, Support Vector Machine
- Depkes. Health research base (Riskesdas). Agency for Health Research and Development, Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia, 2013.
- Kabo P. Revealing Treatment of Coronary Heart Disease PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama; 2008.
- Kawamoto K, Houlihan CA, Balas EA, Lobach DF. Improving clinical practice using clinical decision support systems: a systematic review of trials to identify features critical to success. BMJ. 2005:1-8.
- Eichler K, Puhan MA, Steurer J, Bachmann LM. Prediction of first coronary events with the Framingham score: A systematic review. American Heart Journal. 2007;153(5):722–31.
- Kim J, Lee J, Lee Y. Data-Mining-Based Coronary Heart Disease Risk Prediction Model Using Fuzzy Logic and Decision Tree. Healthcare Informatic Research (HIR). 2015;21(3):167-74.
- Kim J-K, Lee J-S, Park D-K, Lim Y-S, Lee Y-H, Jung E-Y. Adaptive mining prediction model for content recommendation to coronary heart disease patients. Cluster Comput 2014;17:881–91.
- Amin SU, Agarwal K, Beg R, editors. Genetic Neural Network Based Data Mining in Prediction of Heart Disease Using Risk Factors. IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICT 2013); 2013 11-12 April; JeJu Island: IEEE.
- Karaolis MA, Moutiris JA, Hadjipanayi D, Pattichis CA. Assessment of the Risk Factors of Coronary Heart Events Based on Data Mining With Decision Trees. IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine. 2010;14(3):559-66.
- Robert Detrano M, Ph.D. clevelands. In: Center VM, editor. https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/heart-disease/1988.
- NG BA. Cardiovascular disease prediction system using genetic algorithm and neural network. International Conference on Computing, Communication and Applications (ICCCA); 22-24 Feb; Dindigul, Tamilnadu: IEEE; 2012. p. 1-5.
- NG BA. An Intelligent Approach Based on Principal Component Analysis and Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System for Predicting the Risk of Cardiovascular Diseases. Fifth International Conference on Advanced Computing (ICoAC): IEEE; 2013. p. 241-5.
- Subanya B, Rajalaxmi DRR. Feature Selection using Artificial Bee Colony for Cardiovascular Disease Classification. International Conference on Electronics and Communication System (lCECS -2014); 13-14 Feb; Coimbatore: IEEE; 2014. p. 1-6.
- Zhang Y, Liu F, Zhao Z, Li D, Zhou X, Wang J. Studies on application of Support Vector Machine in diagnose of coronary heart disease. Sixth International Conference on Electromagnetic Field Problems and Applications (ICEF); 19-21 June; Dalian, Liaoning: IEEE; 2012. p. 1-4.
- Nahar J, Imama T, Tickle KS, Chen Y-PP. Computational intelligence for heart disease diagnosis: A medical knowledge driven approach. Expert Systems with Applications. 2013:96-104.
- Alizadehsani R, Habibi J, Hosseini MJ, Mashayekhi H, Boghrati R, Ghandehariouna A, et al. A data mining approach for diagnosis of coronary artery disease. computer methods and programs in biomedicine. 2013:52–61.
- Ghumbre SU, Ghatol AA, editors. Heart Disease Diagnosis Using Machine Learning Algorithm. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications; 2012: Springer.
- Martono GH, Adji TB, Setiawan NA. Methodology The use of Principal Component Analysis (PCA) to Reduce Factors Affecting Coronary Heart Disease. National Seminar Science, Engineering and Technology2012. p. TE47-1TE-5.
- Vapnik VN. The Nature of Statisti cal Learning Theory New York: Springer; 1995.
- Gudadhe M, Wankhade K, Dongre S. Decision support system for heart disease based on support vector machine and Artificial Neural Network. International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT): IEEE; 2010. p. 741-5.
- Friedewald WT, Levy RI, Fredrickson DS. Estimation of the Concentration of Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol in Plasma, Without Use of the Preparative Ultracentrifuge CLINICAL CHEMISTRY. 1972;18:499-502.
- Price SA, Wilson LM. Pathophysiology : Clinical Concepts of Disease Processes 6e: Mosby; 2002.
- Gray HH. Lecture notes. Jakarta: Erlangga Medical Series; 2002.
- Berkel TFMv, Boersma H, Roos-Hesselink JW, Erdman RAM, Simoons ML. Impact of smoking cessation and smoking interventions in patients with coronary heart disease. European Heart Journal. 1999;20:1773–82.
- Tsipouras MG, Exarchos TP, Fotiadis DI, Kotsia AP, Vakalis KV, Naka KK, et al. Automated Diagnosis of Coronary Artery Disease Based on Data Mining and Fuzzy Modeling. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN BIOMEDICINE. 2008;12(4):447-58.
- Yang J, Lee Y, Kang U-G. Comparison of Prediction Models for Coronary Heart Diseases in Depression Patients. International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering. 2015;10(3):257-68.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.