Total views : 231
Handover Investigation and Neighbor Discovery Technique in Mobile IPV6
Recent improvements in wireless technologies allows mobile nodes to become reachable while moving around IPv6 network environment. Since mobility management mechanism is needed for the end users while roaming. In this paper we propose a Fast Handover Mobile IPv6 technique when the mobile node moves from one network to another network. After the successful completion of handover, the proposed system performs Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) for new mobile node. In this paper we propose Trust based Multipoint Relay-Neighbor Discovery Protocol (TMPR-NDP) for performing duplicate address detection. Finally, our simulation result shows that the proposed handover mechanism reduces latency, packet loss caused during handoff process and reduces the processing time caused during DAD.
Care of Address (CoA), Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), Fast Handoff, Handover, Mobile IPv6.
- Modares H, Moravejosharieh A, loret JL, Salleh RB. A survey on proxy mobile ipv6 handover. IEEE Systems Journal. 2014 Jan 31; PP(99):1–10.
- Shah JL, Parvez J. Evaluation of queuing algorithms on QoS sensitive applications in ipv6 network. International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI); 2014 Sep 24–27. p. 106 –11.
- Anitha MV, Pugazendi R. A survey on efficient handover procedure in proxy mobile Ipv6 networks. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering and Technology (IJARCET). 2014 Sep; 3(9):2973–8.
- Amarsinh V, Satish D. Improved session handover in mobile wireless networks for video streaming. IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC); 2014 Feb 21–22. p. 411–15.
- Hassan M, Hoong PK, Selvaretnam B. Proxy mobile IPV6 unified solution of seamless handover for real-time video streaming; 2014 Nov 3–5. p. 1–6.
- Bobade S, Goudar R. Secure data communication using protocol steganography in IPv6. International Conference on Computing Communication Control and Automation; 2015 Feb 26–27. p. 275–9.
- Chuang MC, Lee JF, Chen MC. SPAM: A Secure Password Authentication Mechanism for seamless handover in proxy mobile IPv6 networks. IEEE Systems Journal. 2013 Mar; 7(1):102–13.
- Poornima D, Vijayashaarathi S. Streaming high definition video over Heterogeneous Wireless Networks (HWN). IEEE Sponsored 2nd International Conference on Electronics and Communication System (ICECS); 2015 Feb 26–27. p. 199–205.
- Haseeb S, Ismail AF. Comparative performance analysis of mobile ipv6 protocols: Special reference to simultaneous bindings. Journal of Computer Sciences. 2006; 2(2):154–9.
- Sousa B, Pentikousis K, Curado M. A study of multimedia application performance over multiple care-of addresses in mobile IPv6. 2011 IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC); 2011 Jun 28–Jul 1. p. 7–12.
- Adam G, Bouras C, Gkamas A, Kapoulas V, Kioumourtzis G, Tavoularis N. Cross-layer mechanism for efficient video transmission over mobile ad hoc networks; 2011 Nov 30– Dec 1. p. 1–5.
- Pieterse J, Wolhuter R. Investigation of handover techniques in a IPv6 mobile network. IEEE-APWC Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications; 2012 Sep 2–7. p. 1020–3.
- Simamora SNMP, Juhana T, Setiawan KN. IPv6 addressing technique based dynamic host configuration protocol in mobile ad-hoc network. 7th International Conference on Telecommunication Systems, Services, and Applications (TSSA); 2012.
- Cheng L, Das SK, Francesco MD, Chen C, Ma J, Xie D. Streaming data delivery in multi-hop cluster-based wireless sensor networks with mobile sinks. 2011 IEEE International Symposium on World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM); 2011 Jun 20–24. p. 1–9.
- Perumal K, Priya MJPJ. TMRP-NDP: Trust based Multipoint Relay-Neighbor Discovery Protocol for duplicate address detection in MANET. 2015 Nov; 6(11):11–29.
- Chaparro PA, Alcober J, Monteiro J, Calafate CT, Cano JC, Manzoni P. Supporting scalable video transmission in MANETs through distributed admission control mechanisms. 18th Euromicro Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing; 2010 Feb 17–19. p. 238–45.
- Costa XP, Moreno MT, Hartenstein H. A performance comparison of mobile IPv6, hierarchical mobile IPv6, fast handovers for mobile IPv6 and their combination. Mobile Computing and Communications Review. 2003 Oct; 7(4):5–19.
- Alnas M, Awan I, Holton RDW. Performance evaluation of fast handover in mobile IPv6 based on link-layer information. The Journal of Systems and Software. 2010 Oct; 83(10):1644–50.
- Perumal K, Pauline MJ, Priya J. Trust based security enhancement mechanism for neighbor discovery protocolin IPV6; 2016.
- Wu H, Ren Z, Guo W. A MPR-flooding-based ondemand routing algorithm in wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, Luoyang, China; 2006 June 25–28. p. 1937–41.
- Nagesh P, Ramesh G, Rao PVG, Sivakumar VS. Detection of duplicate address in mobile adhoc networks for on demand routing protocols. International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER). 2013 Sep–Oct; 3(5):3272–80.
- Wenige K, Zitterbart M. IPv6 Autoconfiguration in large scale mobile ad-hoc networks. Proceedings of European Wireless; 2002.
- Kim P-s, Choi JH. A fast handover scheme for proxy mobile IPv6 using IEEE 802.21 media independent handover. International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering. 2010; 4(7):857–60.
- Mokhtar RA, Ismail AF, Hasan MK, Hashim W, Abbas H, Saeed RA. Lightweight Handover Control Function (L-HCF) for mobile Internet Protocol Version Six (IPV6). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(12):1–8. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i12/70656.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.