Total views : 291
Multivariate Data Analysis to Decide a Facility based Health Centre at Emergency
Objectives: Many of the mortality cases we see today especially in rural and remote areas are due to lack of proper medical facilities in emergency cases and lack of genuine information about hospital infrastructure and facilities i.e. whether the treatment for particular disease is available in the hospital they choose to go. In order to aid the decision making in choosing the correct hospital, a methodology based on Decision Tree Induction is adopted. Methods: It is based on the recent statistics about staff and infrastructure of hospitals. The core idea of “Decision Tree Induction Methodology” is to provide ranking for the hospitals based on the facilities available in the hospital. The methodology is applied on a set of hospitals in a location. Findings: The medical statistics and ranking plays a key role in the functioning of the methodology adopted. The data about facilities is gathered and fed to a trained paradigm which predicts the rank of a specific hospital. The representatives grasp the information from the GUI built for this methodology. Application: The result can be fed to all the possible medical centers so that public can get correct guidance from the representatives present there.
Classification, Data Mining, Decision Support System, Decision Tree Induction, Health Centre Facility Modeling, Statistical Analysis.
- Verma A, Kaur I, Singh I. Comparative analysis of data mining tools and techniques for information retrieval. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1–16.
- Verma A, Kaur I, Arora N. Comparative analysis of information extraction techniques for data mining. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1–18.
- Hachesu PR, Ahmadi M, Alizadeh S, Sadoughi F. Use of Data Mining Techniques to Determine and Predict Length of Stay of Cardiac Patients. Healthcare Information Research. 2013 Jun; 19(2):121–29.
- Hariharan RC, Mahesh P, Prasenna R, Kumar V. Enhancing Privacy Preservation in Data Mining using Cluster based Greedy Method in Hierarchical Approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–8.
- Ruishan H, Dong S, Zhao Y, Hu HLZ. Assessing potential spatial accessibility of health services in rural China: a case study of Donghai county. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2013; 12:35.
- Ikkersheim D, Tanke M, van Schooten G, de Bresser N, Fleuren H. Modeling hospital infrastructure by optimizing quality, accessibility and efficiency via a mixed integer programming model. BMC Health Services Research. 2013; 13(1):1–20.
- Kumar K, Lokendra S. How advanced analytics can improve hospital management system. Available from: https://www.infosys.com/products-and-platforms/information-management-infrastructure/resource-center/Documents/hospital-capacity-analytics.pdf. Date accessed: 08/2009.
- Luo W, Whippo T. Variable catchment sizes for the two-step floating catchment area (2SFCA) method. Health & Place. 2012; 18(4):789–95.
- Muhamad Adnan MH, Husain W, Abdul Rashid NA. Data Mining for Medical Record System. Proc of the International Conference on Advances in Computer and Information Technology, - ACIT. 2012. p. 17–22.
- Obenshain MK. Application of Data Mining Techniques to Healthcare Data. Infection Control Hospital Epidemiology. 2004; 25(8):690–95.
- Oliveira S, Portela F, Santos MF, Machado J, Abelha A. Predictive models for hospital bed management using data mining techniques. New Perspectives in Information Systems and Technologies. 2014; 2:407–16.
- Pavan M, Todeschini R, Orlandi M. Data mining by total ranking methods: a case study on optimization of the pulp and bleaching process in the paper industry. Annali di Chimica. 2006; 96(1-2):13–27.
- Zolfagharifar SA, Karamizadeh F. Developing a Hybrid Intelligent Classifier by using Evolutionary Learning (Genetic Algorithm and Decision Tree). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20):1–8.
- Sivakumar S, Venkataraman S, Selvaraj R. Predictive Modeling of Student Dropout Indicators in Educational Data Mining using Improved Decision Tree. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4):1–5.
- Sullivan M, Robertson G, Nibbelink S, Stieva G, Roberts C, Neave G. How an Intelligent Infrastructure can Help Optimize Hospital Safety and Security, Available from: http://www2.schneider-electric.com/documents/support/white-papers/wp_Healthcare_ intelligent_insfrastructure_safety.pdf. Date accessed: 07/2011.
- Suma VR, Renjith S, Ashok S , Judy MV. Analytical Study of Selected Classification Algorithms for Clinical Dataset. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(11):1–9.
- Whitaker R. A fast algorithm for the greedy interchange for large-scale clustering and median location problems. INFOR Information Systems and Operational Research. 1984; 21(2):95–108. Web Links:
- Decision Tree Learning. Available from: https://ai.vub.ac.be/sites/default/files/ch3.pdf. Lecture slides for textbook Machine Learning, c Tom M. Mitchell, McGraw Hill, 1997.
- Decision Tree – Classification. Available from: http://www.saedsayad.com/decision_tree.htm. Last Date accessed: 27/07/2016
- The ID3 Algorithm. Available from: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ddd/cap6635/Fall-97/Short-papers/2. htm. Last Date accessed: 05/01/2016
- Estimates of mortality indicators. Available from: http://www.censusindia.gov.in/vital_statistics/srs/ Chap_4_-_2010.pdf . Last Date accessed: 05/01/2016
- Rural Health Care: Towards a Healthy Rural India. Available from: http://www.gramvaani.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Rural-Health-Care-Towards-Healthy-Rural-India.pdf. Last Date accessed: 27/07/2016
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.