Total views : 349
Multiuser Detection over Generalized-K Fading Channels with Laplace Noise
Background: Combined effect of fading and shadowing degrades the performance of multiple access wireless communication systems. The presence of impulsive type non-Gaussian noise along with inters symbol interference and multiple access interference further worsens the system performance. Methods: This paper presents a multiuser detection technique for direct sequence-code division multiple accesses systems over generalized-K fading channels in presence of impulsive noise modeled by Laplace distribution. Maximal ratio combining receive diversity technique is also incorporated to mitigate the effects of simultaneous presence of fading and shadowing. An M-decorrelator is proposed to robustly detect the binary phase shift keyed symbols. Performance of proposed M-decorrelator is evaluated by computing the average probability of error. Findings: The proposed M-decorrelator performs better in the simultaneous presence of fading, shadowing and impulsive noise when compared to least squares, Huber and Hampel M-estimator based detectors.
Impulsive Noise, Laplace Noise, M-Estimator, Multiuser Detection, Probability of Error.
- Wang X, Poor HV. Robust multiuser detection in non-Gaussian channels. IEEE Trans Signal Process. 1999; 47(2):289-305. doi:10.1109/78.740103
- Anil Kumar T, Deergha Rao K, Swamy MNS. A robust technique for multiuser detection in non-Gaussian channels. 47th Mid-West Symposium on Circuits and Systems; 2004. p. 247-50. doi:10.1109/MWSCAS.2004.1354338
- Anil Kumar T, Deergha Rao K. Improved robust techniques for multiuser detection in non-Gaussian channels. Circuits Systems and Signal Processing J. 2006; 25(4). doi:10.1007/s00034-004-1204-4
- Srinivasa Rao V, Khan H, Anil Kumar T. Multiuser detection in shadowed fading channels with impulsive noise. International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology. 2014; 1:36-40.
- Srinivasa Rao V, Khan H, Anil Kumar T. Multiuser detection over generalized-K fading channels with MRC receive diversity in presence of impulsive noise. International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronic and Telecommunication; 2014. p. 17-24.
- Beaulieu NC, Bartoli G, Marabissi D, Fantacci R. The structure and performance of an optimal continuous-time detector for Laplace noise. IEEE Communications Letters. 2013; 17(6):1065-8. doi:10.1109/LCOMM.2013.042313.130164
- Sijing J, Beaulieu NC. Precise BER computation for binary data detection in bandlimited white laplace noise. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2011; 59(6):1570– 9.doi:10.1109/TCOMM.2011.051311.100311
- Shankar PM. Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC) in Shadowed fading channels in presence of shadowed fading Cochannel Interference (CCI). Wireless Pers Commun J. 2013; 68(1):15-25. doi:10.1007/s11277-011-0436-y
- Gradshteyn IS, Ryzhik IM. Table of Integrals, Series, and Products. Boston, MA: Academic Press; 2007.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.