Burrows Wheeler Transform Based Test Vector Compression for Digital Circuits
Background: VLSI testing plays a very crucial role in the design of a VLSI chip. The advances in technology have led to increasing density of transistors and increased circuit complexity in a chip. With the increasing number of inputs, the memory overheads associated with storing test patterns increases. Thus the test pattern volume needs to be compressed. Method: In the proposed approach, a hybrid test pattern compression technique is used along with different schemes such as Huffman and Run length encoding. These encoding schemes are applied on ISCAS’85 and ISCAS’89 benchmark circuits and the results are compared and analyzed based on their compression ratio. Findings: In the proposed approach, an improved compression ratio is obtained when compared to the existing techniques in the literature.
- Basu K, Mishra P. Test data compression using efficient bitmask and dictionary selection methods. IEEE Trans Very Large Scale Integr (VLSI) Syst. 2010 Sep; 18(9):1277–86.
- Yi M, Liang H, Zhang L, Zhan W. A novel x-ploiting strategy for improving performance of test data compression. IEEE Trans Very Large Scale Integr (VLSI) Syst. 2010 Feb; 18(2):324–9.
- Saravanan S, Sai SR, Balasubramaniyan A, Silambamuthan R, Dinesh Babu G, Deepa E. Efficient test data compression achieved by reduced control code. Proceedings of ICMOC, 2012 Jun; 38 :680–84.
- Tenentes V, Kavousianos X. High-quality statistical test compression with narrow ATE interface. IEEE Trans Comput-Aided Des Integr Circuits Syst. 2013 Sep; 32(9):1369–82.
- Biswas SN, Das SR, Petriu EM. On system-on-chip testing using hybrid test vector compression. IEEE Trans Instrumen Meas. 2014 Nov; 63(11):2611–19.
- Saravanan S, Upadhyay HN. Adapting scan based test vector for compression method. Proceedings of International Conference on Communication Technology and System Design. 2011; 30. p. 435–40.
- Czysz D, Mrugalski G, Mukherjee N, Rajski J, Szczerbicki P, Tyszer J. Deterministic clustering of incompatible test cubes for higher power-aware EDT compression. IEEE Trans Comput-Aided Des Integr Circuits Syst. 2011 Aug; 30(8):1225–38.
- Reungpeerakul T, Kay D, Mourad S. Partial-Matching technique in a mixed-mode BIST environment. IEEE Trans Instrumen Meas. 2010 Apr; 59(4):970–77.
- Lee D, Roy K. Viterbi-Based efficient test data compression. IEEE Trans Comput-Aided Des Integr Circuits Syst. 2012 Apr; 31(4):610–19.
- Maneesh PK, Devi NM. Power based self-referencing scheme for hardware trojan detection and diagnosis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.