Total views : 295
Implementation of Separable Reversible Data Hiding Scheme in Image Encryption Process
Background/Objectives: Image encryption includes a vital role within the field of cryptography. Within the planned theme compression technique is introduced when the encryption and information concealment method to cut back the image size for quicker transmission. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Encryption scheme, 2 individual keys are used for image cryptography & information concealment with high level of security to safeguard a picture from unauthorized access. The owner of the content encrypts the first image that is not compressed by using a cryptography key. The LSBs of the image encrypted are compressed employing an information concealment key to form an area to imbed an extra information. Haar wavelet compression technique and Run - Length coding (RLC) were used. Findings: At the receiver end, the quality of the image retrieved and the information extracted are achieved solely from Run–Length Coding with their several keys. Extracted image quality is analyzed by standard and subjective metrics index are measured. Application/Improvements: Image Quality Assessment (IQA) technique shows the standard of retrieved image is same as that of the first image.
Cryptography, Encryption, Haar Wavelet, Run Length Coding.
- Kodituwakku SR, Amarasinghe US. Comparison of Lossless Data Compression Algorithms for Text Data. Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering. 2010; 1(4):416-25.
- Lai YK, Kuo JCC. A Haar Wavelet Approach to Compressed Image Quality Measurement. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. 1999; 11(1):17-40.
- Alam FI, Khanam Bappee F, Khondker FUA. An Investigation Into Encrypted Message Hiding Through Images Using LSB. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST). 2011; 3(2):948–60.
- Bhattacharyya D, Roy A, Roy P, Kim TH. Receiver Compatible Data Hiding in Color Image. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 2009; 6(5):15-24.
- Puech W, Chaumont M, Strauss O. A Reversible Data Hiding Method for Encrypted Images. San Jose, CA, USA: SPIE, IS&T’08: SPIE Electronic Imaging, Security, Forensics, Steganography, and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents. 2008.
- Zhang X, Reversible Data Hiding in Encrypted Image. IEEE Signal Processing Letters. 2011; 18(4):255–58.
- Lavanya A, Natarajan V. Watermarking patient data in encrypted medical images. Indian Academy of Sciences. 2012; 37(6):723–29.
- Indrakanti SP, Avadhani PS. Permutation based Image Encryption Technique. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2011; 28(8):45–47.
- Yadav D, Singhal V, Bandil DK. Reversible Data Hiding Techniques. International Journal of Electronics and Computer Science Engineering. 2012; 1(2):380-83.
- Johnson M, Ishwar P, Prabhakaran V. Schonberg D, Ramchandran K. On Compressing Encrypted Data. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2004; 52(10):2992–3006.
- Fallahpour M, Megias D, Shi YQ. Lossless Image Data Embedding in Plain Areas. SPIE Proceedings. 2011; p. 87277.
- Krikor L, Baba S, Arif T. Image Encryption Using DCT and Stream Cipher. European Journal of Scientific Research. 2009; 32(1):48-58.
- Gautam A, Panwar M, Gupta PR. A New Image Encryption Approach Using Block Based Transformation Algorithm. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Sciences and Technologies. 2011; 8(1):90–96.
- Rathod H, Sisodia MS, Sharma SK. Design and Implementation of Image Encryption Algorithm by using Block Based Symmetric Transformation Algorithm (Hyper Image Encryption Algorithm). International Journal of Computer Technology and Electronics Engineering (IJCTEE). 2011; 1(3):7–13.
- Zhang X. Reversible Data Hiding with Optimal Value Transfer. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. 2013; 15(2):316–25.
- Hong W, Chen TS, Wu HY. An Improved Reversible Data Hiding in Encrypted Images Using Side Match. IEEE Signal Processing Letters. 2012; 19(4):199–202.
- Fallahpour M. Reversible Image Data Hiding based on Gradient Adjusted Prediction. IEICE Electronics Express. 2008; 5(20):870–76.
- Celik MU, Sharma G, Tekalp AM, Saber E. Lossless Generalized-LSB Data Embedding. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2005; 14(2):253–66.
- Imran AS, Javed MY, Khattak NS. A Robust Method for Encrypted Data Hiding Technique Based on Neighborhood Pixels Information. International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering. 2007; 1(3):159–64.
- Tseng HW, Chang CC. High Capacity Data Hiding in JPEG-Compressed Images. Informatica. 2004; 5(1):127–42.
- Jeeva AL, Palanisamy V, Kanagaram K. Comparative Analysis of Performance Efficiency and Security Measures of Some Encryption Algorithms. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA). 2012; 2(3):3033-37.
- Zhang L, Zhang L, Mou X, Zhang D. FSIM: A Feature Similarity Index for Image Quality Assessment. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2011; 20(8):2378-86.
- Zhang L, Zhang L, Mou X, Zhang D. A Comprehensive Evaluation of Full Reference Image Quality Assessment Algorithms. Orlando, FL: 2012 19th IEEE International Conference on Image Proceesing, ICIP. 2012; p. 1477-80.
- Zhang X. Separable Reversible Data Hiding in Encrypted Image. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2012; 7(2):826–32.
- Tamilselvi R, Ravindran G. Image Encryption using Pseudo Random Bit Generator Based on Logistic Maps with Radon Transform. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(11):1-7.
- Smitha M, Jayanthi VE and Ajitha Merlin. Image encryption using separable reversible data hiding scheme. 2013 Fourth International Conference on Computing Communications and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT). 2013.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.