Total views : 166
An Automatic Facial Localization Tracking Identification Biometric System through PCA and Wavelet Distribution in 3D Mesh Environment
Background/Objectives: In this paper, the process of automatically facial region localization and tracking in video frames through 3D mesh model is estimated. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The morphological regions of the face are modeled into 18 geometry based regions based on the various shape and expressions. The feature is estimated based on the covariance matrix in high region space. Then, it undergoes to PCA to estimate facial deformations. Findings: The patterns feature is extracted and it mapped with the multi geometry mapping. Then, the corresponding wavelet transforms extracted region into various dimension for geometry matching for classification. The proposed method achieves robustness based on its accurate transformation through wavelet analysis. The XM2VTSDB multi-modal face database is used to compare the real video sequence images. Application/Improvements: The experimental evaluation shows favorable results and yields 99% detection rate over 15000 video frame images. The frames in the facial tracking data are calculated through various parameters and compared with the ground truth against standard Euler angles of the muti-modal database.
3D Model, Face Recognition, PCA, Wavelet Transformation.
- Rabbani MA, Chellappan C. A different approach to appearance–based statistical method for face recognition using median. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security. 2007; 7(4):262–7.
- Tong F, Nakayama K, Moscovitch M, Weinrib O, Kanwisher N. Response properties of the human fusiform face area. Cognitive Neuropsychology. 2000; 17(1-3):257–80.
- Kheirkhah E, Tabatabaie ZS. A hybrid face detection approach in color images with complex background. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(1). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/51337.
- Saleh A A, Valenzuela R. A statistical model for indoor multipath propagation. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.1987; 5(2):128–37.
- Lyons M, Akamatsu S, Kamachi M, Gyoba J. Coding facial expressions with gabor wavelets. Proceedings of Third IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition; 1998 Apr. p. 200–5.
- Zhang Z, Lyons M, Schuster M, Akamatsu S. Comparison between geometry-based and Gabor-wavelets-based facial expression recognition using multi-layer perceptron. Proceedings of Third IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition;1998 Apr. p. 453–9.
- Mousavizadeh F, Maghooli K, Fatemizadeh E, Moin MS. Liveness detection in face identification systems: Using Zernike moments and fresnel transformation of facial images. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(8). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i8/55787.
- Nair P, Cavallaro A. 3-D face detection, landmark localization and registration using a point distribution model. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. 2009; 11(4):611–23.
- Tu J, Tao H, Huang T. Online updating appearance generative mixture model for meanshift tracking. Machine Vision and Applications. 2009; 20(3):163–73.
- Abate AF, Nappi M, Riccio D, Sabatino G. 2D and 3D face recognition: A survey. Pattern Recognition Letters. 2007; 28(14):1885–906.
- Basu S, Essa I, Pentland A. Motion regularization for model-based head tracking. Proceedings of the IEEE 13th International Conference on Pattern Recognition; 1999 Aug 25-29. p. 611–6.
- Cascia LM, Sclaroff S, Athitsos V. Fast, reliable head tracking under varying illumination: An approach based on registration of texture-mapped 3D models. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2000; 22(4):322–36.
- Xiao L, Boyd S, Kim SJ. Distributed average consensus with least-mean-square deviation. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. 2007; 67(1):33–46.
- Rashida B, Rabbani MA. Face recognition in 3D facial feature using nearest neighbor technique. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2014; 9(22):12487–501.
- Paysan P, Knothe R, Amberg B, Romdhani S, Vetter T. A 3D face model for pose and illumination invariant face recognition. Sixth IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, AVSS'09; 2009. p. 296–301.
- Dharavath K, Talukdar FA, Laskar RH. Improving face recognition rate with image preprocessing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(8). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2014/v7i8/48455.
- Sappa AD, García MA. Incremental multiview integration of range images. Proceedings of IEEE 15th International Conference on Pattern Recognition; 2000. p. 549.
- Goffe WL, Ferrier GD, Rogers J. Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing. Journal of Econometrics. 1994; 60(1):65–99.
- Zelinsky A, Heinzmann J. Real-time visual recognition of facial gestures for human-computer interaction. Proceedings of the IEEE Second International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition; 1996 Oct. p. 351–6.
- Viola P, Jones MJ. Robust real-time face detection. International Journal of Computer Vision. 2004; 57(2):137–54.
- Grossmann A, Morlet J. Decomposition of Hardy functions into square integrable wavelets of constant shape. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. 1984; 15(4):723–36.
- Dippel S, Stahl M, Wiemker R, Blaffert T. Multiscale contrast enhancement for radiographies: Laplacian pyramid versus fast wavelet transform. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 2002; 21(4):343–53.
- Hasler BS, Buecheler T, Pfeifer R. Collaborative work in 3D virtual environments: A research agenda and operational framework. Springer Berlin Heidelberg: Online Communities and Social Computing; 2009. p. 23–32.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.