Total views : 351
Managing Dependencies for a Hierarchical Service-based System
This study proposes a hierarchical model of a Service-Based System (SBS) based to represent horizontal and vertical dependencies within a SBS. In order to detect root-causes and conduct impact-analysis of anomalies occurring in a SBS, we represent the SBS as a multi-layer system consisting of Business Process Management (BPM) layer, Service Composition and Coordination (SCC) layer and Service Infrastructure (SI) layer using Hypergraphs. The intra-layer and inter-layer relationships are depicted by hyperedges that effectively depicts n-ary relationships which are not possible with simple graphs. Using hypergraphs and hyperedges we have effectively represented intra-layer horizontal time dependencies and inter-layer vertical time and resource dependencies. Horizontal time dependencies help us to analyse the impact of a time delay on related entities of the same layer. Vertical resource dependencies help in root-cause analysis of the time delay. Vertical time dependencies aid in finding the impact of service delay on activities of the business layer. Our approach based on hypergraph helps to model relationships of a SBS from multiple perspectives using hyperedges. The proposed approach meticulously represents various vertical and horizontal dependencies between elements of a SBS and can be effectively utilised to identify root-cause of an anomaly and its impact on related entities of a hierarchical SBS.
Dependency, Hierarchical Service-Based System, Impact-Analysis, Multi-Level Hypergraphs, Root-Cause Analysis.
- Cardoso J. Business process control-flow complexity: Metric, evaluation and validation. International Journal of Web Service Research. 2008; 5(2):49–76.
- Kazhamiakin R, Pistore M, Zengin A. Cross-layer adaptation and monitoring of service-based applications. Service-Oriented Computing. ICSOC/ServiceWave 2009 Workshops; 2010 Jan 1. p. 325-34.
- Winkler M, Schill A. Towards Dependency Management in Service Compositions. In ICE-B 2009. p. 79-84.
- Sensarma D, Sarma SS. A survey on different graph based anomaly detection techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(31).
- Bodenstaff L, Wombacher A, Reichert M, Jaeger MC. Monitoring dependencies for slas: The mode4sla approach. IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (CC’08); 2008 Jul 7. p. 21-9.
- Zhou Z, Bhiri S, Hauswirth M. Control and data dependencies in business processes based on semantic business activities. ACM Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-Based Applications and Services; 2008 Nov 24. p. 257-63.
- Sell C, Winkler M, Springer T, Schill A. Two dependency modeling approaches for business process adaptation. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Knowledge Science, Engineering and Management LNCS 5914; 2009. p. 418-29.
- Keller A, Blumenthal U, Kar G. Classification and computation of dependencies for distributed management. Proceedings of 5th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC); 2000. p. 78-83.
- Wang S, Capretz MA. A dependency impact analysis model for web services evolution. IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS); 2009 Jul 6. p. 359-65.
- Omer AM, Schill A. Web service composition using input/output dependency matrix. ACM Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Agent-Oriented Software Engineering Challenges for Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing; 2009 Jul 13. p. 21-6.
- Wang R, Zhang Y, Liu S, Wu L, Meng X. A dependency-aware hierarchical service model for saas and cloud services. IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC); 2011 Jul 4. p. 480-7.
- Pan Y, Wu L, Liu S, Meng X. A hypergraph partition based approach to dynamic deployment for service-oriented multi-tenant SaaS applications. Enterprise Interoperability. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer; 2012 Jan 1. p. 185-92.
- Wu L, Pan Y, Liu S, Li Q. Construct SaaS applications from multi-abstract-level: Method and System. IEEE 7th China Grid Annual Conference (ChinaGrid); 2012 Sep 20. p. 107-14.
- Zhao D, Liu S, Wu L, Wang R, Meng X. Hypergraph-based service dependency resolving and its applications. IEEE 9th International Conference on Services Computing (SCC); 2012 Jun 24. p. 106-13.
- Chen G, Zhong N, Yao Y. A hypergraph model of granular computing. IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing (GrC); 2008 Aug 26. p. 130-5.
- Yao Y. A unified framework of granular computing. In: Pedrycz W, Skowron A, Kreinovich V, editors. Handbook of Granular Computing. Wiley; 2008. p. 401-0.
- Yao Y, Zhong N. Granular computing. Wiley Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Engineering. 2008.
- Gallo G, Longo G, Pallottino S, Nguyen S. Directed hypergraphs and applications. Discrete Applied Mathematics. 1993 Apr; 42(2):177-201.
- Karimi M, Esfahani FS, Noorafza N. Improving response time of web service composition based on QoS properties. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(16).
- Saralaya S, D’Souza R. Cross layer property verification with property sequence charts. IEEE International Conference on Soft-computing and Network Security (ICSNS); 2015 Feb; 25(27):547–52.
- Luckham D. The Power of Events: An Introduction to Complex Event Processing in Distributed Enterprise Systems. Addison: Wesley Professional; 2002 May.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.