Total views : 220
Breast Cancer Detection by T-Shaped Slotted Planner Antenna
Background/Objectives: Breast Cancer always a major problem to the world however various methods are available to detect the breast cancer but microwave imaging is a safer method as compared to the X-ray. In this Paper cancer tumour in the breast is detected by the planner antenna. Methods/Statistical Analysis: What method is used to detect Methods to detect the tumour in the breast is to find out the current densities in breast phantom model with and without tumour and result shows that current densities in breast phantom model with tumour is very high. Findings: In the paper firstly the T-Shaped Slotted RMPA (Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna) is designed for ISM band application at 2.45 GHz and resonated at particular frequency by iterations in the simulation software and very low loss is shown on particular exact frequency is 32.2dB, after that The cancer tissues and the RMPA with its center is designed and simulated in the Breast Phantom model. Current density and SAR of this model is calculated which is 1288A/m2 and 3.10*105 respectively and after that Breast Phantom model is designed 50mm away from the RMPA and results shows that current density is reduced about 11times its value is 107.4A/m2 when compared to this model RMPA is present in the center of the breast phantom model, and this is a great achievement as compared to some papers. Application/Improvement: Work in this paper can be used for detection of breast cancer.
Breast Phantom Model, Cancer Tumour, Planner Antenna, Rectenagular Microstrip Patch Antenna
- Deschamps GA. Microstrip Microwave Antennas. 3rd USAF Symposium on Antennas. 1953.
- Alexopoulus NG. Integrated-circuit structures on anisotropic substrates. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 1985 October; 33(10):847–81. Available from: Crossref
- David M Pozar and Daniel H Schaubert. Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press: Microstrip Antennas: The analysis and Design of Microstrip Antennas and Arrays. 1995.
- Sarva E, Sridevi PV. A Novel TripleBand Planar Microstrip Patch Antenna with Defected Ground Structure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i3/84674.
- Soumadip Ghosh, Sushanta Biswas, Debasree Chanda Sarkar, Partha Pratim Sarkar. Breast Cancer Detection using a Neuro-fuzzy based Classification Method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(14). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i14/76802.
- Yu YJ, Yuan M and Liu QH. A wideband half oval patch antenna for breast imaging in Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 98. 2009; p. 1–13. Available from: Crossref
- Sangam Kumar Singh and Arun Kumar Singh. UWB Rectangular Ring Microstrip Antenna with Simple Capacitive Feed for Breast Cancer Detection. Beijing, China: Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium.2009 March; p. 23–7.
- Sudhir Shrestha, Mangilal Agarwal, Joshua Reid and Kody Varahramyan. Microstrip Antennas for Direct Human Skin Placement for Biomedical Applications. Cambridge, USA: PIERS Proceedings. 2010 July 5-8; p. 926–31.
- Adnan S, Abd-Alhameed RA, Hraga HI, Elfergani ITE, Noras JM and Halliwell R. Microstrip Antenna for Microwave Imaging Application. Marrakesh, Morocco: Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium Proceedings. 2011 March 20-23; p. 431–4.
- Mahalakshmi N and Vijay Jeyakumar. Design and Development of Single Layer Microstrip Patch Antenna for Breast Cancer Detection. Bonfring International Journal of Research in Communication Engineering. 2012 July; 2(Special Issue 1).
- Sudhir Shrestha, Mangilal Agarwal, Parvin Ghane and Kody Varahramyan. Flexible Microstrip Antenna for Skin Contact Application. Hindawi Publishing Corporation: International Journal of Antennas and Propagation. 2012; Article ID 745426: p. 5.
- Seladji-Hassaine N, Merad L, Meriah SM and Bendimerad FT. UWB Bowtie Slot Antenna for Breast Cancer Detection World Academy of Science. Engineering and Technology.2012 Nov 24; 6.
- Saleh Alshehri. Directional versus Omni Directional Antennas for UWB Imaging. International Journal ofEngineering Research and Development. 2012 December; 5(3):13–8.
- Radouane Karli, Hassan Ammor , Jamal El Aoufi.Miniaturized UWB Microstrip Antenna for Microwave Imaging. WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications. 2014; 11.
- Radoune Karli, Hassan Ammor. Miniaturized UWB Microstrip Antenna with T-Slot for Detecting Malignant Tumors by Microwave Imaging. International Journal Microwave and Optical Technology. 2014 May; 09(3).
- Balinies C. Wiley: Antenna Theory. 2nd addition c chapter -14. 1997. ISBN 0-471-59268-4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.