Total views : 142
Comparison of PI and PID Controlled Current Fed QZSI based Induction Motor Drive Systems
Objectives: To improve response of QZSIIMD system. This work aims to reduce settling time and steady state error. Method used: The computations the simulation is done using state space method Findings: The present work has proposed QZSI for the control of induction motor. The speed response of QZSIIMD system is studied with a positive step change in input.Settling in found to be reduced by 71 % and steady state error is reduced by 80% by using PIDC. Applications: The proposed QZSIIMD and system is suitable for textile and paper mills.
FL Control, Induction Motor, QZS Inverter
- Shuitao Y, Lei Q, Peng EZ. Current-Fed quasi-Z-source inverter with voltage buck-boost and regeneration capability.IEEE Transactions Industrial Applications. 2011; 47(2):882–92.
- Bowes SR, Bullough R. Steady-state performance of current-fed pulse-width-modulated inverter drives.IEEE Proceedings B- Electric Power Applications. 1984; 131(3):113–32.
- Ali AJS, Ramesh GP. Comparison of PI and PID controlled wind generator fed Γ- Z source based PMSM drives. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(1):1–6.
- Kasilingam G, Pasupuleti J. Coordination of PSS and PID controller for power system stability enhancement – overview. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(2):142–51
- Mahdian H, Hashemi H, Ghadimi AA. Improvement in the synchronization process of the voltage-sourced converters connected to the grid by PLL in order to detect and block the double frequency disturbance term. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(7):4940–52.
- Sundaram KM, Kumar RS, Krishnakumar C, Sugavanam KR. Fuzzy logic and firefly algorithm based hybrid system for energy efficient operation of three phase induction motor drives. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(1):1–5.
- Hava AM, Kerkman RJ, Lipo TA. Carrier-based PWMVSI over modulation strategies: analysis, comparison, and design. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronincs. 1998 Jul; 13(4):674–89.
- Agelidis VG, Ziogas PD, Joos G. Dead-band PWM switching patterns. Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 1992. PESC ‘92 Record., 23rd Annual IEEE. 1992; 1:427–34.
- Trzynadlowski AM, Legowski S. Minimum-loss vector PWM strategy for three-phase inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electron. 1994; 9(1):26–34.
- Perruchoud PJP, Pinewski PJ. Power losses for space vector modulation techniques. Power Electronics in Transportation; 1996. p. 167–73.
- Bowes SR, Grewal SS. Novel space-vector-based harmonic elimination inverter control. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2000; 36(2):549–57.
- Bowes SR, YenShin L. The relationship between spacevector modulation and regular-sampled PWM. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 1997 Oct; 44(5):670–79.
- StefanovicVR, Vukosavic SN. Space-vector PWM voltage control with optimized switching strategy. Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, 1992., Conference Record of the 1992 IEEE, TX. 1992; 1:1025–33.
- Dupczak B, Perin AJ, Heldwein ML. Space vector modulation strategy applied to interphase transformers-based five-level current source inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2012 Jun; 27(6):2740–51.
- Ojo O, Vanaparthy S. Carrier-based discontinuous PWM modulation for current source converters. Industry Applications Conference, 2004. 39th IAS Annual Meeting. Conference Record of the 2004 IEEE. 2004; 4:2224–31.
- Loh PC, Vilathgamuwa DM, Gajanayake CJ, Wong LT, Ang CP. Z-source current-type inverters: Digital modulation and logic implementation. in Proc. 40th IAS Annu. Ind. Appl. Conf., Meet. Conf. Rec. 2005; 2:940–7.
- Boost MA, Ziogas PD. State-of-the-art carrier PWM techniques: A critical evaluation. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 1988 Mar- Apr; 24(2):271–80.
- 18. Li RTH, Chung HSH, Chan TKM. An active modulation technique for single-phase grid-connected CSI. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2007 Jul; 22(4):1373–82.
- Mirafzal B, Saghaleini M, Kaviani AK. An SVPWM-Based switching pattern for stand-alone and grid-connected three-phase single stage boost inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2011 Apr, 26(4):1102–11.
- Li RTH, Chung HSH, Lau WH, Zhou B. Use of hybrid PWM and passive resonant Snubber for a grid-connected CSI,. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2010 Feb; 25(2):298–309.
- Li YW, Pande M, Zargari NR, Wu B. DC-link current minimization for high-power current-source motor drives. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2009 Jan, 24(1):232–40.
- Asiminoaei L, Rodriguez P, Blaabjerg F. Application of discontinuous PWM modulation in active power filters, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008 Jul; 23(4): 1692–706.
- Vodyakho O, Hackstein D, Steimel A, Kim T. Novel direct current space- vector control for shunt active power filters based on the three-level inverter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008 Jul; 23(4):1668–78.
- Baumann M, Nussbaumer T, Kolar JW. Comparative evaluation of modulation methods of a three-phase buck+boost PWM rectifier—Part I: Theoretical analysis. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008; 1(2):225–67.
- Enjeti PN, Ziogas PD, Lindsay JF. Programmed PWM techniques to eliminate harmonics: A critical evaluation. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1990 Mar–Apr; 26(2):302–16.
- Helle L, Larsen KB, Jorgensen AH, Nielsen MS, Blaabjerg F. Evaluation of modulation schemes for three-phase to three phase matrix converters. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2004 Feb; 51(1):158–71.
- Kolar JW, Ertl H, Zach FC. Influence of the modulation method on the conduction and switching losses of a PWM converter system. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1991 Nov–Dec; 27(6):1063–75.
- Halkosaari T, Tuusa H. Optimal vector modulation of a PWM current source converter according to minimal switching losses. Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2000. PESC 00. 2000 IEEE 31st Annual, Galway. 2000; 1:127–32.
- McGrath BP, Holmes DG. Natural current balancing of multicell current source converters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008 May; 23(3):1239–46.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.