Total views : 448
CBCD: Cluster based Clone Detection in Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks
Wireless Sensor Network consists of independent sensor nodes that are responsible for monitoring physical conditions. WSN is deployed in hostile environments. So it is vulnerable to capture and compromise by an attacker. An adversary can launch various types of attacks on WSN that can be classified as layer-dependent attack and layer-independent attacks. The layer-independent attacks are Sybil attack and Clone attack. In Clone attack an adversary can capture a sensor and creates clone of a captured node. These clone nodes are deployed in network area. It is difficult to detect clone nodes in the sensor network. There are so many clone detection protocols are available in static and mobile sensor networks. It is more challenging to detect clone attack in mobile WSN compared to the static WSN. The proposed clone attack detection protocol called as Cluster Based Clone Attack Detection (CBCD) discovers the clone nodes available in Mobile WSN. In this protocol sensor network divided into clusters. All the clusters have a cluster head and random number of sensors nodes. This protocol detect clone node according to the movement of sensor nodes. The clone is identified when sensor node move within the cluster or other clusters in the sensor network. Theoretical analysis and simulations have been conducted to evaluate the protocol in terms of clone detection time, clone detection ratio, memory consumption.
Clone Attack, Cluster based Clone Detection, Wireless Sensor Network.
- Mishra AK. Node replica detection in wireless sensor networks. National Institute of Technology; Rourkela, India. 2014.
- Wang Y, Attebury G, Ramamurthy B. A survey of security issues in wireless sensor networks. IEEE Communications Survey and Tutorials. 2006; 8(2):1–23.
- Ahamed MR. Protecting wireless sensor networks from internal attacks. Austrslia: University of Canberra; 2014.
- Kraub C. Handling insider attacks in wireless sensor networks. Darmstadt: Technische University; 2010.
- Padmavathi G, Priya DS. A survey of attacks security mechanisms and challenges in wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2009; 4(1,2):1–9.
- Ahmed MR, Huang X, Cui H. A novel two-stage algorithm protecting internal attack from WSNs. IJCNC. 2013 Jan; 5(1):97–116.
- Ho JW, Lin D, Wright M, Das SK. Distributed detection of replicas with deployment knowledge in wireless sensor networks. Elsevier; 2009 Mar. p. 1–33.
- Mohanty P, Panigrahi S, Sarma N, Satapathy SS. Security issues in wireless sensor network data gathering protocols: A survey. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2010; 13(1/2):14–27.
- Zhu B, Setia S, Jajodia S, Roy S, Wang L. Localized multicast: Efficient and distributed replica detection in large-scale sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2010; 9(7):913–26.
- Shaukat HR, Hashim F, Sali A, Fadlee M. Node replication attacks in mobile wireless sensor network: A survey. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2014; 14.
- Ho JW, Wright M, Das SK. Fast detection of replica node attacks in mobile sensor networks using sequential analysis. Proc IEEE INFOCOM; Rio de Janeiro. 2009 Apr. p. 1773–81.
- Deng XM, Xiong Y. A new protocol for the detection of node replication attacks in mobile wireless sensor network. Journal of Computer Science and Technology. 2011; 26(4):732–43.
- Yu CM, Lu CS, Kuo SY. Mobile sensor network resilient against node replication attacks. IEEE 5th Annual Communications Society Conference on Sensor Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications Networks; San Francisco, CA. 2008. p. 597–99.
- Ko LC, Chen HY, Lin GR. A neighbor-based detection scheme for wireless sensor networks against node replications attacks. IEEE International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Workshops; St. Petersburg. 2009. p. 1–6.
- Yu CM, Lu CS, Kuo SY. Efficient and distributed detection of node replication attacks in mobile sensor networks. 2009 IEEE 70th Vehicular Technology Conference Fall VTC-2009; Anchorage, AK. 2009. p. 1–5.
- Conti M, DiPietro R, Mancini LV, Mei A. Emergent properties detection of the node captures attack in mobile wireless sensor networks. Proceeding of the 1st ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security; Alexandria, USA. 2008. p. 214–9.
- Deng X, Xiong Y, Chen D. Mobility assisted detection of the replication attacks in mobile wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of the 6th Annual IEEE international Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications; Niagara Falls, ON. 2010 Oct. p. 225–32.
- Lou Y, Zhang Y, Liu S. Single hop detection of node clone attacks in mobile wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Information and Electronics Engineering (IWIEE); 2012. p. 2798–803.
- Wang LM, Shi Y. Patrol detection for replica attacks on wireless sensor networks. Sensors. 2011; 11(3):2496–504.
- Khan WZ, Aalsalem MY, Saad MNBM, Xiang Y. Detection and mitigation of node replication attacks in wireless sensor networks: A survey. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2013; 1–22.
- Kumar AM, Turuk AS. A comparative analysis of node replica detection schemes in wireless sensor networks. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2016.
- Saranya V, Matheswari N, Punidha R, Soundarya M. Tracking dynamic target in wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1).
- Ahmed MR, Huang X, Sharma D, Cui H. Wireless sensor network: characteristics and architectures. World Academy of science, Engineering and Technology. Penang, Malaysia. 2012; 72:660–3.
- Vijayan K, Raaza A. A novel cluster arrangement energy efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2).
- Abdallah W, Boudriga N, Kim D, Sunshin A. An efficient and scalable key management mechanism for wireless sensor networks. 17th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT); 2015.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.