Total views : 314
Data Security in Cloud using Multi Modal Biocryptographic Authentication
Objectives: Higher data security can be achieved by using Multimodal bio cryptographic technique for data encryption and decryption to avoid the intruders to access the data. Methods: Iris and fingerprint are used as a key for both data encryption and decryption in Multimodal biometric based blowfish algorithm. The data stored in cloud environment after encryption. Findings: The problem with storing the data in cloud environment using password system is, it is not secured, forgotten and easily stolen. Hackers can able to trace the password through keystroke loggers and spyware. In multimodel biometric system it is not possible to hack the data by the intruders. For both data decryption and encryption blowfish algorithm is used. Combined biometric of both fingerprint and iris uses as a secret key for a blowfish algorithm. Applications: To run the middleware for connecting the cloud system no need of advanced hardware system. High data security is enough.
Cloud Data Security, Data Decryption, Data Encryption, Fingerprint Recognition, Iris Recognition, Multimodal Biometrics.
- Jain A, Ross A, Pankanti S. Biometrics: A Tool for Information Security. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2006 June; 1(2):125–43.
- Stallings W. Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practices, 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 2003, Guest Editorial, S. Pankanti, R. Bolle, A. K. Jain (Guest Editors) Special Issue of IEEE Computer on Biometrics, Feb. 2000.
- Jain A, Ross A, Prabhakar S. An Introduction to Biometric Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. Special Issue on Image and Video Based Biometrics. 2004 Jan; 14(1):4–20.
- Selvarani P, Visu P. Multi-model Bio-cryptographic Authentication in Cloud Storage Sharing for Higher Security. Maxwell Scientific Organization. 2015 Sep; 10(1):95-101.
- Rohit M. Thanki, Komal R. Borisagar. Experimental Study of Sparse Watermarking Techniques for Multibiometric System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2015 Jan; 8(1):42-48.
- Saminathan K, Chakravarthy T, ChithraDevi M. Comparative Study on Biometric Iris Recognition based on Hamming Distance and Multi Block Local Binary Pattern. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(11):1-8.
- Koteeswaran S, Visu P, Kannan E. Enhancing JS– MR Based Data Visualisation using YARN. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(11):1-11.
- Velciu MA, Patrascu.A, Patriciu VV. Biocryptographic authentication in cloud storage sharing. Proceeding of the 9th IEEE International Symposium on Applied Computational Intelligence and Informatics, 2014, 165-70.
- Mahalakshmi U, Shankar Sriram VS. An ECC Based Multibiometric System for Enhancing Security. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Apr; 6(4):4299-305
- Mohammad Abdolahi, Majid Mohamadi, Mehdi Jafari. Multimodal Biometric system Fusion Using Fingerprint and Iris with Fuzzy Logic. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE). 2013 Jan; 2(6):504-10.
- Rupesh Wagh, Arati P. Choudhary. Analysis of Multimodal Biometrics with Security Key. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Aug; 3(8):1363-1365.
- Kankrale RN, Jawale MA. Fuzzy Logic Concatenation in Fingerprint and Iris Multimodal Biometric Identification System. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Oct; 3(10):120-126.
- Radha.N, Kavitha A. Rank Level Fusion Using Fingerprint and Iris Biometrics. Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE). 2012; 2(6):917-23.
- Sumathi S, Rani Hemamalini R. Multibiometric authentication, using DWT and score level fusion. European Journal of Scientific Research. 2012; 80(2):213-23.
- Bhawna Chouhan, Shailja shukla. Iris Recognition System using canny edge detection for Biometric Identification. International Journal of engineering Sciences and Technology (IJEST). 2011 Jan; 3(1):155-167.
- Xi K, Hu J. Introduction to Bio-Cryptography. In: Bio-Cryptography Handbook of Information and Communication Security. Springer 2010.
- Bo Fu, Simon X. Yang, Senior Member, IEEE, Jianping Li, Dekun Hu. Multi biometric Cryptosystem: Model structure and performance analysis. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2009 Dec; 4(4):867-82.
- Besbes F, Trichili H, Solaiman B, Multimodal biometric system based on Fingerprint identification and Iris recognition, In: Proceeding 3rd International IEEE Conference on Information Communications Technologies: From Theory to Applications (ICTTA 2008), Damascus, 2008, 1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.