Total views : 437
Enhanced Playfair Cipher for Image Encryption using Integer Wavelet Transform
Objective: In this contemporary social networking era, it is no bewilderment that, information security breach is at its epitome, especially on texts/images. Thus there is a requisite for integrity for information to be transmitted over an insecure channel. Thus image/text encryption plays a vital preprocessing role in contemporary data transmission. Method: This paper analyses the performances of four novel, lossless methodologies of implementing the enhanced Playfair cipher in spatial and frequency domains, with integer wavelet transform (IWT) through lifting scheme. Findings: The proposed methods involve a spatial domain algorithm being applied to the frequency domain of the images for encryption which gives out better desired error metrics. Application: The most feasible method out of these proposed approaches can be chosen either as a stand-alone encryption and transmission mechanism or a pre-requisite step for that specific image in steganography and watermarking.
Enhanced Playfair Cipher, Integer Wavelet Transforms, Image Encryption, Internet Security, Lifting Scheme.
- Kerckhoffs A. La cryptographie militaire. Journal Des Sciences Militaries. 1883 Jan; 9:5–83.
- Stallings W. Cryptography and network security: Principles and practice (3rd edition). 3rd ed. United Kingdom: Prentice-Hall, 2002; 1–43.
- Khalifa A, Atito A. High-capacity DNA-based steganography. 8th International Conference on Informatics and Systems (INFOS), Egypt. 2012.
- Pradhan C, Saha BJ, Kabi KK, Arun A. Comparative analysis of digital watermarking scheme using enhanced play fair cipher in DCT & DWT. Fifth International Conference on Computing, Communications and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), India. 2014 .
- Vidya GR, Preetha H, Shilpa GS, Kalpana V. Image Steganography Using Ken Ken Puzzle for Secure Data Hiding. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 7(9):1403–13.
- Wu H, Dugelay JL, Cheung Y. A data mapping method for Steganography and its application to images. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2008; 5284:236–50.
- Swain S, Gandharba G. Digital image steganography using nine-pixel differencing and modified lsb substitution. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 7(9):1444–50.
- Navas KA, Ajay MC, Lekshmi M, Archana TS, Sasikumar M. DWT-DCT-SVD based watermarking. 2008 3rd International Conference on Communication Systems Software and Middleware and Workshops (COMSWARE ’08), India. 2008.
- Daubechies I, Sweldens W. Factoring wavelet transforms into lifting steps. The Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications. 1998 May; 4(3):247–69.
- Gholipour M. Design and implementation of lifting based integer Wavelet transform for image compression applications. Digital Information and Communication Technology and its Applications. 2011 Jan; 166:161–72.
- Alam AA, Khalid BS, Salam CM. A modified version of Playfair cipher using 7×4 matrix. International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering. 2013; 5(4):1–3.
- Srivastava SS, Gupta N. Optimization and analysis of the extended Playfair cipher. International Conference on Emerging Trends in Networks and Computer Communications (ETNCC), India. 2011.
- Calderbank AR, Daubechies I, Sweldens W, Yeo B-L. Lossless image compression using integer to integer wavelet transforms. Proceedings of International Conference on Image Processing. 1997; 1:1–4.
- Jain C, Chaudhary V, Jain K, Karsoliya S. Performance analysis of integer wavelet transform for image compression. 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology. 2011.
- Jansen MH, Oonincx PJ. Second generation Wavelets and their applications. United Kingdom: Springer London, 2005.
- Yongqiang C, Hanping H. Gray image Watermark algorithm in integer Wavelet transform domain. International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering. 2010.
- Hemalatha S, Renuka A, Acharya DU, Kamath PR. A secure image steganography technique using integer Wavelet transform. World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies, 2012.
- Pareek KN. Design and analysis of a novel digital image Encryption scheme. International Journal of Network Security and its Applications. 2012; 4(2):95–108.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.