Total views : 197
Adaptive Embedding Approach in Color Image Carrier for Covert Communication
Steganography plays a vital role in the field of covert communication. This paper proposes a novel embedding scheme which embeds secret data adaptively. The proposed scheme employs integer to integer Lifting Wavelet Transforms (LWT) and pixel strength to specify suitable locations for data embedding. The integer LWT eliminates distortions, which is produced because of rounding process in the convolutional wavelet transforms. The performance of the proposed scheme is addressed using image quality metrics based on Peak Signal To Noise Ratio (PSNR) versus embedding ratio. Moreover, Bit Error Rate (BER) is utilized to assess robustness of the scheme. The experimental results show that the proposed is superior over several embedding techniques such as embedding based convolutional wavelet transforms and Lest Significant Bits (LSBs). The range of PSNR is gained between 51.52 and 22.15dB for range of embedding rate between 5% and 35%. Furthermore, the technique results error free for retrieving of secret data. In addition to the above features, the proposed technique increases security level of embedded data due to adaptive embedding process that increases randomly of embedding locations. The proposed scheme can be used in several important applications such as bank tag for authentication, military communications. Also, it can be implemented easily as a hardware chip and combine with covert imaging systems.
Adaptive Embedding, Covert Communication, Lifting Wavelet Transform, Steganography, Security.
- Swain GS, Saroj(MITS) L. A novel approach to rgb channel based image steganography technique. International Arab J e-Techhnology. 2012; 2(4):181–6.
- Jambhekar ND, Dhawale CA. Bit level key agreement and exchange protocol for digital image steganography. Indian Journal of Science Technology. 2015; 8(July):1–7.
- Sheshasaayee A, Sumathy D. Text steganography in sms using similarity of glyphs in unicode characters. Indian Journal of Science Technology. 2015; 8(29).
- Chanu YJ, Tuithung T, Manglem Singh K. A short survey on image steganography and steganalysis techniques.In: 3rd National Conference on Emerging Trends and Applications in Computer Science [Internet]. Shillong, India: IEEE; 2012 [cited 2016 Jan 16]. p. 52–5. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=6203297
- Ramalingam M, Ashidi N, Isa M. A Steganography Approach over Video Images to Improve Security. Indian Journal of Science Technology. 2015; 8(January):79–86.
- Moon SK, Raut RD. Analysis of Secured Video Steganography Using Computer Forensics Technique for Enhance Data Security. In: Proceeding of the 2013 Seconnd International Conference on Image Processing [Internet]. Shimla, India: IEEE; 2013. p. 660–5. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnum ber=6707677&url=http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6707677
- Kumar N, Kalpana V. A Novel Reversible Steganography Method using Dynamic Key Generation for Medical Images.Indian Journal of Science Technology. 2015; 8(July):1–10.
- Lin E, Delp E. A Review of Data Hiding in Digital Images.Proceedings of the Image Processing, Image Quality, Image Capture Systems Conference (PICS ’99), April 25-28, 1999, Savannah, Georgia, p. 274-278. In: Proceedings of the Image Processing, Image Quality, Image Capture Systems Conference (PICS ’99). p. 274–8.
- Bilal I, Kumar R. Audio Steganography using QR Decomposition and Fast Fourier Transform. Indian Journal Science of Technology. 2015;8(December).
- Mishra M, Tiwari G, Yadav AK. Secret Communication using Public key Steganography. In: IEEE International Conference on Recent Advances and Innovations in Engineering(ICRAIE) [Internet]. Jaipur, India: IEEE; 2014.p. 9–11. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/ login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6724212&url=http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6724212
- Shahadi HI, Jidin R, Way WH. Lossless Audio Steganography based on Lifting Wavelet Transform and Dynamic Stego Key. Indian Journal Science of Technology.2014; 7(March):323–34.
- Ramalingam M, Ashidi N, Isa M. Video steganography based on integer haar wavelet transforms for secured data transfer. Indian Journal Science of Technology. 2014; 7(July):897–904.
- Yadav P, Mishra N, Sharma S. A secure video steganography with encryption based on lsb technique. In: International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research. Enathi, India; 2013. p. 1–5.
- Kumar R, Chand S. A New Image Steganography Technique Based on Similarity in Secret Message. In: Confluence 2013: The Next Generation Information Technology Summit (4th International Conference) [Internet]. Noida, India: Institution of Engineering and Technology; [cited 2016 Jan 23]. p. 376–9. Available from: http://digital-library.theiet.org/content/conferences/10.1049/cp.2013.2344
- Masud Karim SM, Rahman MS, Hossain MI. A new approach for LSB based image steganography using secret key. In: 14th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2011) [Internet]. Dhaka, Bangladesh: IEEE; 2011 [cited 2016 Jan 22]. p. 286–91.Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=6164800
- Das R, Tuithung T. A novel steganography method for image based on Huffman Encoding. In: Proceedings 2012 3rd National Conference on Emerging Trends and Applications in Computer Science, NCETACS-2012 [Internet]. Shillong, india: IEEE; 2012. p. 14–8. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnum ber=6203290&url=http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/
- Akhtar N, Johri P, Khan S. enhancing the security and quality of lsb based image steganography. In: 2013 5th International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks [Internet]. Mathura, India: IEEE; 2013. p. 385–90. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=6658020
- Liu J, Zhou K, Tian H. Least-significant-digit steganography in low bitrate speech. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) [Internet]. Ottawa, Canada: IEEE; 2012 [cited 2016 Jan 16]. p. 1133–7.Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=6363997
- Weiqi Luo, Fangjun Huang, Jiwu Huang. Edge Adaptive Image Steganography Based on LSB Matching Revisited.IEEE Trans Inf Forensics Secur [Internet]. 2010 Jun [cited 2016 Jan 16];5(2):201–14. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=5411758 20. Prabakaran G, Bhavani R. A modified secure digital image steganography based on Discrete Wavelet Transform.In: Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies [ICCEET] [Internet]. Kumaracoil, India: IEEE; 2012. p.1096–100. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/ abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6203811
- Kundur D, Hatzinakos D. Digital watermarking using multiresolution wavelet decomposition. In: Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, ICASSP ’98 (Cat No98CH36181) [Internet]. Seattle, USA: IEEE; 1998 [cited 2016 Jan 16]. p.2969–72. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/ epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=678149
- Junejo N, Ahmed N, Unar MA, Rajput AQK. Speech and image compression using discrete wavelet transform. In: IEEE/Sarnoff Symposium on Advances in Wired and Wireless Communication [Internet]. Princeton, USA: IEEE; 2005 [cited 2016 Jan 16]. p. 45–8. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=1426508
- Farahani MRD, Pourmohammad A. A DWT Based Perfect Secure and High Capacity Image Steganography Method.In: International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies [Internet].Taipei, Taiwan: Taiwan; 2013. p. 314–7. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=6904273
- Kumar V, Kumar D. Performance evaluation of DWT based image steganography. In: IEEE 2nd International Advance Computing Conference (IACC) [Internet]. Patiala, India: IEEE; 2010 [cited 2016 Jan 22]. p. 223–8. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=5423005
- Al-ataby A, Al-naima F. A Modified High Capacity Image Steganography Technique Based on Wavelet Transform. Int Arab J Inf Technol. 2010; 7(4):358–64.
- Sweldens W. The lifting scheme: a custom-design construction of biorthogonal wavelets. appl comput harmon anal [internet]. 1996 Apr; 3(2):186–200. Available from: dx.doi.org/10.1006/acha.1996.0015
- Wang Z, Li Q. Information content weighting for perceptual image quality assessment. IEEE Trans Image Process.2011; 20(5):1185–98.
- Vidya G, Preetha RH, Shilpa GS, Kalpana V. Image steganography using ken ken puzzle for secure data hiding. in.2014; 7(September):1403–13.
- Swain G. Digital image steganography using nine-pixel differencing and modified lsb substitution. Indian Journal Science of Technology. 2014; 7(September):1444–50.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.