Total views : 232
The Effect of Wall Properties on the Convective Peristaltic Transport of a Conducting Bingham Fluid through Porous Medium
Objective: In the present paper the influence of heat transfer, wall slip conditions, and wall properties on the peristaltic transport of an incompressible conducting Bingham fluid in a non-uniform porous channel is studied. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Exact analytical solutions have been obtained for the axial velocity and the temperature by using the assumptions of long wavelength and low-Reynolds number. Findings: The effects of the essential parameters on the velocity and temperature distributions are demonstrated through graphs. It is noticed that the presence of porous medium reduces the velocity and temperature in the peristaltic channel. Further, the size of the trapped bolus gets reduced due to the presence of porous medium/magnetic field whereas opposite behaviour is noticed with the increasing slip at the walls. Application/Improvements: The results reveal that the presence of magnetic field/porous medium has remarkable effect on the peristaltic transport of yield stress fluids (such as blood) which may lead to possible technological applications in designing bio- medical instruments.
Conducting Bingham Fluid, Convective Peristaltic Transport, Porous Medium, Trapping Phenomena, Wall Properties.
- Shukla JB, Gupta SP. Peristaltic transport of a power-law fluid with variable viscosity. Trans ASME J Biomech Engng. 1982; 104(3):182–6.
- Radhakrishnamacharya G. Long wavelength approximation to peristaltic motion of a power law fluid. Rheol Acta. 1982; 21(1):30–5.
- Rao IR, Rajagopal KR. Some simple flows of a Johnson-Segalman fluid. Acta Mech. 1999; 132(1):209–19.
- Srinivasacharya D, Mishra M, Rao AR. Peristaltic transport of a micripolar fluid in a tube. Acta Mech. 2003; 161:165–78.
- Vajravelu K, Sreenadh S, Babu VR. Peristaltic transport of a Hershel-Bulkley fluid in an inclined tube. Int J Non-linear Mech. 2005; 40(1):83–90.
- Vajravelu K, Sreenadh S, Ramesh Babu V. Peristaltic transport of a Hershel-Bulkley fluid in a channel. Appl Math and Comput. 2005; 169:726–35.
- Ali N, Hayat T, Sajid M. Peristaltic transport flow of a couple stress fluid in asymmetric channel. Biorheology. 2007; 44(2):125–38.
- Reddy MVS, Rao AR, Sreenadh S. Peristaltic motion of a power-law fluid in an asymmetric channel. Int J Non-linear Mech. 2007; 42(10):1153–61.
- Akbar NS, Nadeem S. Peristaltic flow of a Phan-Thien-Tanner nano fluid in a diverging tube. Heat Transfer-Asian Research. 2012; 41(1):10–12.
- Sreenadh S, Lakshminarayana P, Sucharitha G. Peristaltic flow of micropolar fluid in an asymmetric channel with permeable walls. Int J of Appl Math and Mech. 2011; 7(20):18–37.
- Vajravelu K, Sreenadh S, Sucharitha G, Lakshminarayana P. Peristaltic transport of a conducting Jeffrey fluid in an inclined asymmetric channel. International Journal of Biomathematics. 2014; 7(6):1–25.
- Sreenadh S, Lakshminrayana P, Kumar MA, Sucharitha G. Effect of MHD on peristaltic transport of a Pseudoplastic fluid in an asymmetric channel with porous medium. IJMSEA. 2014; 8:27–40.
- Sucharitha G, Sreenadh S, Lakshminarayana P. Non-linear peristaltic transport `of a conducting Prandtl fluid in a porous asymmetric channel. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. 2012 Dec; 1(10):1–10.
- Vajravelu K, Sreenadh S, Dhanunjaya S, Lakshminarayana Thien-Tanner fluid in an asymmetric channel – application to chyme movement in small intestine. International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 2016; 21(3):713–36.
- Lakshminarayana P, Sreenadh S, Sucharitha G. Peristaltic pumping of a conducting fluid in a channel with a porous peripheral layer. Advances in Applied Science Research. 2012; 3(5):2890–9.
- Ramesh K. Influence of heat and mass transfer on peristaltic flow of a couple stress fluid through porous medium in the presence of inclined magnetic field in an inclined asymmetric channel. Journal of Molecular Liquids. 2016; 219:256–71.
- Ramesh K, Devakar M. Effect of heat transfer on the peristaltic flow of Walters B fluid in a vertical channel with an external magnetic field. Journal of Aerospace Engineering. 2016; 29(2):1–15.
- Khabazi NP, Taghavi SM, Sadeghy K. Peristaltic flow of Bingham fluids at large Reynolds numbers: A numerical study. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics. 2016; 227:30–44.
- 19.Abbas MA, Bai YQ, Bhatti MM, Rashidi. Three dimensional peristaltic flow of hyperbolic tangent fluid in non-uniform channel having flexible walls. Alexandria Engineering Journal. 2016; 55(1):653–62.
- Tripathi D, Bég OA. Peristaltic propulsion of generalized Burgers’ fluids through a non-uniform porous medium: A study of chyme dynamics through the diseased intestine. Mathematical Biosciences. 2014; 248:67–77.
- Ellahi R, Bhatti MM, Vafai K. Effects of heat and mass transfer on peristaltic flow in a non-uniform rectangular duct. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2014; 71:706–19.
- Sharma D, Pandey KM. Numerical investigation of heat transfer characteristics in triangular channel in light water nuclear reactor by using CuO-water based nanofluids. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(16):1–6.
- Karimipour A, Alipour H, Akbari OA, Semiromi DT, Esfe MH. Studying the effect of indentation on flow parameters and slow heat transfer of water-silver nano-fluid with varying volume fraction in a rectangular two-dimensional micro channel. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–13.
- Sudhan EPJ, Meenakshi KS. Synthesis of silver nanofluid by a novel one pot method for heat transfer applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011; 4(4):1–5.
- Kayalvizhi M, Devi SPA. Analytical solution of nonlinear MHD flow past a porous sheet with prescribed heat flux, viscous dissipation, heat generation and radiation effects. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar; 8(5):489–94.
- Hayat T, Ali N, Asghar S. Hall effects on peristaltic flow of a Maxwell fluid in a porous medium. Phys Lett A. 2007; 363(5):397–403.
- Srinivas S, Kothandapani M. The influence of heat and mass transfer on MHD peristaltic flow through a porous space with complaint walls. Appl Math Comput. 2009; 213:197–208.
- Vajravelu K, Radhakrishnamacharya M, Radhakrishnamurty V. Peristaltic flow and heat transfer in a vertical porous annulus, with long wave length approximation. Int J Non-Linear Mech. 2007; 42:754–9.
- Vajravelu K, Sreenadh S, Lakshminarayana P, Sucharitha G, Rashidi MM. Peristaltic flow of Phan-Thien-Tanner fluid in an asymmetric channel with porous medium. Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics. 2016; 9(4):1615–25.
- Vajravelu K, Sreenadh S, Lakshminarayana P, Sucharitha G. The effect of heat transfer on the nonlinear peristaltic transport of a Jeffrey fluid through a finite vertical porous channel. International Journal of Biomathematics. 2016 Mar; 9(2):24.
- Vajravelu K, Sreenadh S, Lakshminarayana P. The influence of heat transfer on peristaltic transport of a Jeffrey fluid in a vertical porous stratum. Commun. Non-linear Sci Numer Simulat. 2011; 16:3107–25.
- Lakshminarayana P, Sreenadh S, Sucharitha G, Nandagopal K. Effect of slip and heat transfer on peristaltic transport of a Jeffrey fluid in a vertical asymmetric porous channel. Advances in Applied Science Research. 2015; 6(2):107–18.
- Radhakrishnamacharya G, Srinivasulu Ch. Influence of wall properties on peristaltic transport with heat transfer. Mecanique. 2007 Jul; 335:369–73.
- Srinivas S, Gayathri R, Kothandapani M. The influence of slip conditions, wall properties and heat transfer on MHD peristaltic transport. Computer Physics Communications. 2009 Nov; 180:2115–22.
- Pandey SK, Chaube MK. Study of wall properties on peristaltic transport of a couple stress fluid. Meccanica. 2011 Dec; 46(6):1319–30.
- Muthu P, Kumar BVR, Chandra P. On the influence of wall properties in the peristaltic motion of micropolar fluid. ANZIAM Journal. 2003; 45:245–60.
- Hayat T, Maryiam T, Javed, Asghar S, MHD peristaltic motion of Johnson–Segalman fluid in a channel with compliant walls. Physics Letter A. 2008; 372:5026–36.
- Dhananjaya S, Arunachalam PV, Sreenadh S, Lakshminarayana P. The influence of slip conditions, wall properties and heat transfer on peristaltic pumping of a Bingham fluid. International Journal of Computer and Mathematical Sciences. 2015; 4(5):64–73.
- Lakshminarayansa P, Sreenadh S, Sucharitha G. The influence of slip, wall properties on the peristaltic transport of a conducting Bingham fluid with heat transfer. Procedia Engineering. 2015 Dec; 127:1087–94.
- Narahari M, Sreenadh S. Peristaltic transport of a Bingham fluid in contact with a newtonian fluid. International Journal of Appl Math and Mech. 2010; 6(11):41–54.
- Vajravelu K, Sreenadh S, Saravana R. Combined influence of velocity slip, temperature and concentration jump conditions on MHD peristaltic transport of a Carreau fluid in a non-uniform channel. Applied Mathematics and Computation. 2013; 225:656–76
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.