Total views : 249
Image Steganography using Modified Least Significant Bit
Background/Objective: Manipulation of sensitive images is a very important issue in modern transmission and storage. The objective of this study is to achieve the protection by applying a modified steganography method. Findings: The proposed method uses modified Least Significant Bit (LSB) algorithm which depends on segmentations of the secret image bits and distributing it through the odd bytes of the cover image, which in turn must be 16 time the size of the secret image in order to increase the level of protection. Improvements: Experimental results show that the levels of hiding capability using the proposed algorithm are improved.
Image Processing, Least Significant Bit, Segmentation, Steganography.
- Feyzi AKAR, Yalman Y, Varol HS. Data hiding in digital images using a partial optimization technique based on the classical LSB method. Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. 2013; 21(Sup. 1):2037–47.
- Hu C, Liao X, Xiao D. Secret image sharing based on chaotic map and Chinese remainder theorem. International Journal of Wavelets, Multi resolution and Information Processing. 2012; 10(03).
- Kuber MP, Dixit M. A Review on Modified Image Enhancement Applications. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition. 2014; 7(5).
- Patel H, Dave P. Steganography Technique Based on DCT Coefficients. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 2012; 2(1):713–7.
- Revathi M, Bhattacharjee JB, Vijayalakshmi S. Framework of LSB, Adaptive Steganalysis with IQM and Stegnography of Digital Media. Computer Science and Telecommunications. 2010; 25(2).
- Vijay Ananth S, Sudhakar P. Performance Analysis of a Combined Cryptographic and Steganographic Method over Thermal Images using Barcode Encoder. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(7). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i7/84152.
- Shin SY, Jang DH, Park HK. General Image Processing Technique and Car License Plate Application. International Journal of Software Engineering and its Applications. 2013; 7(6):175–84.
- Stoica A, Vertan C, Fernandez-Maloigne C. Objective and subjective color image quality evaluation for JPEG 2000 compressed images. International Symposium on Signals, Circuits and Systems, SCS. 2003; 1:137–40.
- Kingslin S, Kavitha N. Evaluative Approach towards Text Steganographic Techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(29). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/84415.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.