Total views : 298
Performance of D-LAR on the basis of Average Hop Count in VANET
VANET (Vehicular Ad Hoc Network) can perform vast number of applications like active safety, create warning messages by wireless vehicular communications without using fixed infra-structure. Due to VANET characteristics such as dynamic nature, repeated fragmentation and continuously changes in network topologies, performance of routing algorithms can be a challenging task. Thus, greedy based approach provides the most suitable solutions for routing in VANET. In this paper, D-LAR (Directional Location Aided) protocol performance is discussed which will give us more accurate location of moving vehicles as compared to the other location aided protocols on the basis of average hop count.
Hop Count, Probability, Routing Protocols, VANET (Vehicular Ad Hoc Network).
- Jakubiak J, Koucheryavy Y. State of the art and research challenges for VANETs. 5th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference; Las Vegas, NV. 2008. p. 912–6.
- Alam KM, Saini M, El Saddik A. Towards social internet of vehicles: Concept, Architecture and Applications. IEEE Access. 2015; 3:343–57.
- Sivasakthi M, Suresh SR. Research on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs): An overview. International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering. 2013; 2(1):23–7.
- Al-Sultan S, Al-Doori MM, Zedan H. A comprehensive survey on Vehicular Ad Hoc Network. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2014; 37:380–92.
- Domingo MC, Reyes A. A clean slate architecture design for VANETs. Wireless Personal Communications. 2012; 67(2):315–33.
- Zeadally S, Hunt R, Irwin A, Hassan A. Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETS): Status, results and challenges. Springer Telecommunication Systems. 2010; 50(4):217–41.
- Dave M, Kumar M. A comparative study of various routing protocols in VANET. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2011; 8(4):643–48.
- Lin YW, Chen YS, Lee SL. Routing protocols in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: A survey and future perspectives. JISE Journal of Information Science and Engineering. 2010; 26(1):1–20.
- Singh N, Raw RS, Das S, Kumar S. Feasibility evaluation of VANET using Directional-Location Aided Routing (D-LAR) Protocol. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2012; 9(5):1–6.
- Hanan A, Qureshi KN. Topology based routing protocols for VANET and their comparison with MANET. Journal of Theoretical and applied Information Technology. 2013; 58(3):707–15.
- Chandermohan K, Kamalakkannan P. An efficient neighbor discovery and aloha based collision detection and correction in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(3):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.