Total views : 254
Hybrid Overlay/Underlay Transmission with Partial and Opportunistic Relay Selection in Cognitive Radio Networks
Objectives: In this paper, we consider a hybrid overlay/underlay strategy to maximize the throughput of primary users by use of idle secondary users as relays. Specifically, we focus on incorporating the advantageous features of underlay and overlay transmission methods into a hybrid cognitive radio technique. Analysis: By the use of the proposed technique both the primary and secondary users get benefited, as their communication link is uninterrupted. This scheme helps as an incentive for primary users to share their spectrum with the secondary users. Findings: The paper presents a resource allocation algorithm for the hybrid overlay/underlay transmission method. Also, the performance of the opportunistic and partial relay selection is investigated. This resource allocation algorithm is used to select the best channel from relay to destination, best relay and power allocated to best relay. Simulation results are presented to demonstrate the performance of the proposed hybrid technique over the traditional methods. The effectiveness of usage of the partial and opportunistic relay selection techniques is compared and the conclusions are drawn. Improvements: The proposed scheme will eliminate the need to switching between the overlay and underlay techniques. The resource allocation along with proposed hybrid transmission scheme will give significant improvement in SNR of primary user.
Cognitive Radio, Hybrid CR Scheme, Overlay, Opportunistic Relay Selection, Partial Relay Selection, Resource Allocation, Underlay.
- Padmavathi G, Shanmugavel S. Performance Analysis of Cooperative Spectrum Sensing Technique for Low SNR Regime over Fading Channels for Cognitive Radio Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8.
- Soysa M, Suraweera HA, Tellambura C, Garg HK. Partial and Opportunistic Relay Selection with Outdated Channel Estimates. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2012; 60:840–50.
- Tsiftsis TA, Karagiannidis GK, Mathiopoulos PT, Kotsopoulos SA. Nonregenerative Dual-Hop Cooperative Links with Selection Diversity. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. 2006; 2006:1–8.
- Torabi M, Ajib W, Haccoun D. Performance Analysis of Amplify-and-Forward Cooperative Networks with Relay Selection over Rayleigh Fading Channels. 2009; 1–5.
- Ikki S, Ahmed M. Performance Analysis of Cooperative Diversity Wireless Networks over Nakagami-m Fading Channel. IEEE Communications Letters. 2007; 11:334–6.
- Suraweera HA, Michalopoulos DS, Karagiannidis GK. Semi-blind amplify-and-forward with partial relay selection. Electronics Letters. 2009; 45:317.
- Krikidis I, Thompson J, McLaughlin S, Goertz N. Amplify-and-forward with partial relay selection. IEEE Communications Letters. 2008; 12:235–7.
- Barua B, Ngo H, Shin H. On the SEP of Cooperative Diversity with Opportunistic Relaying. IEEE Communications Letters. 2008; 12:727–9.
- Bletsas A, Shin H, Win MZ. Outage optimality of opportunistic amplify-and-forward relaying. IEEE Communications Letters. 2007; 11:261–3.
- Maham B, Hjorungnes A. Performance Analysis of Amplify-and- Forward Opportunistic Relaying in Rician Fading. IEEE Signal Processing Letters. 2009; 16:643–6.
- da Costa DB, Aissa S. End-to-end performance of dual-hop semi-blind relaying systems with partial relay selection. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2009; 8:4306–15.
- Minghua X, Aissa S. Cooperative AF Relaying in Spectrum-Sharing Systems: Performance Analysis under Average Interference Power Constraints and Nakagami-m Fading. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2012; 60:1523–33.
- Bletsas A, Shin H, Win M. Cooperative Communications with Outage-Optimal Opportunistic Relaying. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2007; 6:3450–60.
- Avila J, Thenmozhi K. Upgraded Spectrum Sensing Method in Cognitive Radio Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8.
- Manimegalai CT, Kalimuthu K, Gauni S, Kumar R. Enhanced Power Control Algorithm in Cognitive Radio for Multimedia Communication. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9.
- Prasad MSG, Siddaiah P, Reddy LP. Analysis of different direction of arrival (DOA) estimation techniques using smart antenna in wireless communications. 2009; 639 pp.
- Bansal G, Hossain M, Bhargava V. Optimal and Suboptimal Power Allocation Schemes for OFDM-based Cognitive Radio Systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2008; 7:4710–8.
- Preetham CS, Prasad MSG. Relay, power and subchannel allocations for underlay non LOS OFDM-based cognitive networks under interference temperature. 2015 International Conference on Signal Processing And Communication Engineering Systems (SPACES), Guntur. 2015. p. 205–9.
- Shaat M, Bader F. Asymptotically Optimal Resource Allocation in OFDM-Based Cognitive Networks with Multiple Relays. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2012; 11:892–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.