Total views : 273
Survey on Channel Allocation Techniques for Wireless Mesh Network to Reduce Contention with Energy Requirement
Objective: In Wireless Mesh Networks the spectrum should be utilized effectively with better Quality of Service (QoS), synchronized time management and minimum delay. Method: The existing channel allocation methods needs improvement in QoS parameters such as end-to-end delay, ripple factor and time factor in accessing the channel. To improve the QoS further, the admission control drop and block probability, efficient channel reservation approach is the better solution which leads to better QoS even for delay sensitive applications. A performance analysis is made among the existing methods for contention reduced channel allocation methods, energy conservation channel allocation methods and as last method Admission Control Drop_Block probability methods. The networks are analyzed by considering the metrics such as Packet loss rate, End-to-end delay and Throughput. The channel count is virtually increased to support for dense networks by utilizing already used channels and by reserving few channels for dynamic requirement for normal and multimedia traffic data. The channel allocation methods are simulated using NS-2.
Block, Channel allocation, Drop Probability, Wireless Mesh Networks.
- Krishna PV, Iyengar NCSN. Design of Sequencing Medium Access Control to improve the performance of Wireless Networks. J Comput and Information Technology. 2008; 16(2):81–9.
- Krishna PV, Misra S, Obaidat MS, Saritha V. An efficient approach for distributed dynamic channel allocation with queues for real time and non real time traffic in cellular networks. J Sys and Software. 2009; 82(7):1112–24.
- Ramachandran KN, Belding EM, Almeroth KC, Buddhikot MM. Interference-Aware Channel Assignment in MultiRadio Wireless Mesh Networks. Proceedings Computer Communications, Barcelona, Spain, IEEE. 2006; 1–12.
- Alexiou A, Haardt A. Smart antenna technologies for future wireless systems: trends and challenges. J Commun. 2004; 42(9):90–7.
- Wong KL, Tung HC, Chiou TW. Broadband dual-polarize daperture-coupled patch antennas with modified H-shaped coupling slots. J Ante and Propagation. 2002; 50(2):188– 91.
- Shi J, Salonidis T, Knightly EW. Starvation mitigation through multi-channel coordination in CSMA multi-hop wireless networks. Proceedings Mobile ad hoc Networking and Computing, Florence, , Italy, ACM. 2006; 214–25.
- Meinrath S. A Research Agenda to Support Progressive Policy Reform of the Public Airwaves. J Community Informatics. 2005; 1(2):1–5.
- Rappaport TS. Wireless Communications: Principles And Practice. Pearson Education, India. 2009; 535 pp.
- Krishna PV, Iyengar NCSN. A Cross Layer Based Qos Model For Wireless And Mobile Networks. J Mobile Commun. 2007; 1(4):114–20.
- Colbourna CJ, Cuia M, Lloydb EL, Syrotiuka VR. A carrier sense multiple access protocol with power backoff (CSMA/ PB). J Wireless Ad Hoc Networking. 2007; 5(8):1233–50.
- Raamakirtinan S, Jenila Livingston LM. Multi-L evel Queue based Resource Allocation in Downlink of OFDMA Wireless Cellular Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(10).
- Tzamaloukas A, Aceves JJGL. Channel-hopping multiple access. Proc. Communications Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, IEEE. 2000. p. 415–19.
- Yang Z, Aceves JJGL. Hop-Reservation Multiple Access (HRMA) for Ad-Hoc Networks. Proceedings Computer Communications Societies, New York, U.S.A, IEEE.1999; 94–201.
- Jungmin S, Vaidya NH. Multi-Channel MAC for Ad Hoc Networks: Handling Multi-Channel Hidden Terminals Using A Single Transceiver. Proceedings Mobile ad hoc Networking and Computing Conference, Tokyo, Japan, ACM. 2004. p. 222–33.
- Kim C, Koy YB, Vaidya NF. Link-State Routing Protocol for Multi-Channel Multi-Interface Wireless Networks. Proceedings Military Communications Conference, San Diego, California, IEEE. 2008. p. 1–7.
- Xu Z, Mirchandani PB, Xu SH. Virtually fixed channel assignment in cellular mobile networks with recall and handoffs. J Telecommun. Systems. 2000; 13(2):413–39.
- Zeng QA, Agrawal DP. Handbook of wireless networks and mobile computing. John Wiley & Sons, New York. 2002; 25 pp.
- Kyasanur P, Vaidya NF. Routing and Interface Assignment in Multi-Channel Multi-Interface Wireless Networks. Proceedings Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, IEEE. 2005. p. 2051– 56.
- Bahl P, Chandra R, Dunagan J. Slotted Seeded Channel Hopping for Capacity Improvement in IEEE 802.11 Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks. Proceedings Mobile Computing and Networking Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, IEEE. 2004. p. 216–30.
- Shiang HP, Schaar M. Queuing-Based Dynamic Channel Selection for Heterogeneous Multimedia Applications Over Cognitive Radio Networks. J Multimedia. 2008; 10(5):896– 909.
- Khanna V, Mohanta K, Saravanan T. Recovery of Link Quality Degradation in Wireless Mesh Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jun; 6(S6).
- Islam MS, Alam MM, Hong CS, Lee S. eMCCA: An Enhanced Mesh Coordinated Channel Access Mechanism for IEEE 802.11s Wireless Mesh Networks. J Commun and Networks. 2011; 13(6):639–63.
- Koubaa H. Fairness-Enhanced Multiple Control Channels MAC for Ad Hoc Networks. Proc. Vehicular Technology Conference, Dallas, USA, IEEE. 2005. p. 1504–8.
- Li H, Xie J, Wang X. A Channel Splitting Strategy for Reducing Handoff Delay in Internet-Based Wireless Mesh Networks. J Veh Technology. 2012; 61(6):2740–52.
- Zhang J, Zhou G, Huang C, Son SH, Stankovic . TMMAC: An Energy Efficient Multi-Channel MAC Protocol for Ad Hoc Networks. Proceedings Communications Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, IEEE. 2007. p. 3554–61.
- Akyildiz IF, Wang X, Wang W. Wireless mesh networks: a survey. J Comp and Telecommunication Networking. 2005; 47(4):445–87.
- Cui M, Syrotiuk VR. Cooperative Signalling and Its Application in a Power-Controlled MAC Protocol.
- Proceedings Ad-Hoc, Mobile and Wireless Networks, Murcia, Spain, ACM. 2009; 16–29.
- Krishna PV, Iyengar NCSN. Optimal channel allocation algorithm with efficient channel reservation for cellular networks. J Commun Networks and Distributed Systems. 2008; 1(1):33–51.
- Rajiv D, Phuyal U. Energy-aware resource allocation for cooperative cellular network using multi-objective optimization approach. J Wireless Commun. 2012; 11(5):1797–807.
- Aron FO, Olwal TO, Kurien A, Odhiambo MO. A distributed topology control algorithm to conserve energy in heterogeneous wireless mesh networks. J World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 2008; 531–36.
- Liu L, Cao X, Cheng Y. Energy-Aware Optimal Resource Allocation in MR-MC Wireless Networks. Global Communication Wireless Networking Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, IEEE. 2013. p. 4865–70.
- Avallone S. An energy efficient channel assignment and routing algorithm for multi-radio wireless mesh networks. J Ad Hoc Networks. 2012; 10(6):1043–57.
- Li H, Xie J. GaS: A gateway scheduling-based handoff scheme in single-radio infrastructure wireless mesh networks. Proceedings Computer. 2013; 1860–68.
- Biyikoglu U, Prabhakar EB, Gamal AE. Energy-efficient packet transmission over a wireless link. J Networking. 2002; 10(4):482–99.
- Krishna PV, Misra S, Obaidat MS, Saritha V. Virtual Backoff Algorithm: An Enhancement to 802.11 Medium Access Control to Improve the Performance of Wireless Networks. J Veh Technology. 2010; 59(3):1068–75.S
- Akyildiz IF, Wang X. Wireless Mesh Newtorks. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Britain. 2009; 230 pp.
- Li GY, Xu Z, Xiong C, Yang C. Energy-efficient wireless communications: tutorial, survey, and open issues. J Wireless Commun. 2011; 28(35):28–35.
- Salameh HAB, Krunz MM, Younis O. MAC protocol for opportunistic cognitive radio networks with soft guarantees. J Mobile Comput. 2009; 8(10):1339–52.
- Krishna PV, Misra S, Obaidat MS, Saritha V. A New Scheme for Distributed Channel Allocation in Cellular Wireless Networks. Proceedings Communications and Networking Simulation Symposium, San Deigo, USA, ACM. 2009; 22–7.
- Boukerche A, Huang T, Abrougui K. Design and performance evaluation of a QoS based dynamic channel allocation protocol for wireless and mobile networks. Proceedings Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems Conference, Georgia Tech, USA, IEEE. 2005. p. 445–52.
- Ding Y, Xiao L. Video On-Demand Streaming in Cognitive Wireless Mesh Networks. J Mobile Comput. 2013; 12(3):412–23.
- Agarwal DP, Zeng QA. Introduction to Wireless and Mobile Systems. Thomson Brooks/Cole, California. 2003; 58–124.
- Athanasiou G. Cooperative management of wireless mesh networks. Proceedings Wireless Days, Dublin, Ireland, IEEE, 2012; 1–6.
- Amir Y, Danilov C, Musualoiu-Elefteri RM, Rivera N. The SMesh wireless mesh network. J Comp Systems, 2010; 28(3):1–49.
- Kaur M, Arora S, Katnoria JK. Dynamic Channel Allocation for Multipath Cellular Networks Using MSWF in Wireless Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 Dec; 3(12).
- Munusamy K, Parvathi RMS, Chandramohan K. Least Power Adaptive Hierarchy Cluster Framework for Wireless Sensor Network using Frequency Division Multiplexing Channelization. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.