Total views : 333
Certain Investigation on Significance of Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data in Vehicle Tracking System
Objective: The primary objective of this work is to review the vehicle tracking system, discuss the challenges in Internet of Things (IoT) based vehicle tracking system. IoT is used to get intellectual connecting the objects with each other via information sensing in the physical world and broadcasting devices linked with the internet. Analysis: This paper provides a comprehensive investigation on vehicle tracking system in association with the IoT and Big Data Analytics. This paper anlalyze the challenges pertaining to the IoT based Vehicle tracking system. Findings: This paper provides the novel methodology for assessing the quality of vehicle tracking system and identifies opportunity for future research in this area. Applications: The importance of QoE can be realized in vehicle tracking system for the improving the performance of the surveillance system.
GPS, GSM, IoT, IST, QoE, Vehicle Tracking System.
- Vehicle tracking Systems. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_tracking_system
- Building an intelligent transportation system with the Internet of Things (IoT), Available from: http://www.intel.in/content/dam/www/program/embedded/internet-of-things/blueprints /iot-building-intelligent-transport-system-blueprint.pdf
- Lee SJ, Tewolde G, Kwon J. Design and implementation of vehicle tracking system using GPS/GSM/GPRS technology and smartphone application. IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT); Seoul. 2014. p. 353–8.
- He W, Yan G, Xu LD. Developing vehicular data cloudservices in the iot environment. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 2014; 10(2):1587–95.
- Mahendran D, Gopi M, Priyadharshini S, Karthick R. A study on cloud resource management techniques. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2013; 1(1):58–61.
- Chen YL, Chen TS, Huang TW, Yin LC, Wang SY, Chiueh TC. Intelligent urban video surveillance system for automatic vehicle detection and tracking in clouds. IEEE 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA); Barcelona. 2013. p. 814–21.
- Aishwarya SR, Rai A, Charitha, Prasanth MA, Savitha SC. An IoT based accident prevention and tracking system for night drivers. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2015; 3(4):3493–99.
- Hsieh JW, Yu S-H, Chen Y-S, Hu W-F. Automatic traffic surveillance system for vehicle tracking and classification. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2006; 7(2):175–87.
- Vigneshwaran K, Sumithra S, Janani R. An intelligent tracking system based on GSM and GPS using smartphones. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. 2015; 4(5):3487–903.
- Verma P, Bhatia JS. Design and development of GPS-GSM based tracking system with google map based monitoring. IJCSEA. 2013; 3(3):33–40.
- Yu M, Zhang D, Cheng Y, Wang M. An RFID electronic tag based automatic vehicle identification system for traffic IOT applications. 2011 Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC); Mianyang. 2011. p. 4192–7.
- Chongdeuk L. N2N traffic congestion control for wireless coverage sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13):1–6.
- Lee SJ, Tewolde G, Kwon J. Design and implementation of vehicle tracking system using GPS/GSM/GPRS technology and smartphone application. 2014 IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT); Seoul. 2014. p. 353–8.
- Jia L, Wu D, Mei L, Zhao R, Wang W, Yu C. Real-time vehicle detection and tracking system in street scenarios. Communications and Information Processing. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag; 2012. p. 592–9.
- Jung YJ, Ryu KH. The vehicle tracking system for analyzing transportation vehicle information. Advanced Web and Network Technologies, and Applications. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag; 2006. p. 1012–20.
- Lee IJ. A vehicle tracking system overcoming occlusion andan accident detection monitoring using tracking trace. Advances in Computer Science, Enovironment, Ecoinformatics, and Education. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag; 2011. p. 68–76.
- Ukil A, Bandyopadhyay S, Bhattacharyya A, Pal A. Lightweight security scheme for vehicle tracking system using CoAP. ASPI’13 Proc of the International Workshop on Adaptive Security; New York, NY, USA. 2013.
- Jia X, Feng Q, Fa T, Lei Q. RFID technology and its applications in Internet of Things (IOT). Proc of 2nd International Conference on Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks (CECNet); Yichang. 2012. p. 1282–5.
- ITU-T, P.10/G.100 (2006) Amendment 1 (01/07): New Appendix I, Definition of Quality of Experience (QoE); 2007.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.