Total views : 218
Robust Digital Text Watermarking Algorithm based on Unicode Extended Characters
Objectives: A new text watermarking algorithm is proposed in this paper to protect documents from malicious attacks.Methods: In this paper, a novel digital text watermarking algorithm is developed based on Unicode extended characters. The algorithm is implemented to encompass watermark generation, embedding and extraction components. Predefined encoding tables are constructed to achieve the embedding while scrambling mechanism is proposed in generation and extraction to secure the watermarks. Findings: To evaluate the algorithm, it was tested, using ten different text samples, under various attacks such as conversion, reformatting, copying, insertions and deletions. The proposed algorithm has attained high level of imperceptibility with PSNR between 63.15 and 70.88 and SIM between 99.93% and 99.97%.Evaluating the robustness of the algorithm proved that it resists most of the attacks with high detection accuracy reached 100% in most cases. It has also achieved improved capacity with 2 bits/word and increased security level compared to the previous works. Application/Improvements: The proposed algorithm has added a new value to the information security field and can be used for documents protection from various malicious aspects.
Extended Characters, Robustness, Scrambling, Text Watermarking, Unicode
- Patel MM. Analytical study of line-shift text watermarking technique. International Journal of Computer Applications and Information Technology. 2012 Nov; 1(3):84–7.
- Por LY, Wong KS, Chee KO. UniSpaCh: A text-based data hiding method using Unicode space characters. The Journal of Systems and Software. 2012; 85(5):1075–82.
- Ruia X, Jinqiaob CXJS. A multiple watermarking algorithm for texts mixed Chinese and English. Procedia Computer Science. 2013; 17:844–51.
- Singh P, Chadha RS. A survey of digital watermarking techniques, applications and attacks. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT). 2013 Mar; 2(9):165–75.
- Kaur H, Kaur ES. Text watermarking using techniques dct and dwt: A review. International Journal of Computer Application and Technology. 2014 Apr; 1(1):1–6.
- Jaiswal RJ, Patil NN. Implementation of a new technique for web document protection using Unicode. IEEE 2013 International Conference on Information Communication and Embedded Systems (ICICES); 2013 Feb. p. 69–72.
- Mir N. Copyright for web content using invisible text watermarking. Computers in Human Behaviour. 2014; 30:648–53.
- Mali ML, Patil NN, Patil JB. Implementation of text watermarking technique using natural language watermarks. IEEE 2013 International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies; Chennai. 2013 Feb 21–22.
- Halvani O, Steinebach M, Wolf P, Zimmermann R. Natural language watermarking for German texts. IH&MMSec ’13 Proceedings of the first ACM workshop on Information hiding and multimedia security. 2013 Jun. p. 193–202.
- Fei W, Tang X. Reversible text watermarking algorithm using prediction-error expansion method. International Conference on Computer, Networks and Communication Engineering (ICCNCE 2013); Atlantis Press. 2013 May.
- Meral HM, Sankur B, Sumru A, Tunga, Sevinc E. Natural language watermarking via morphosyntactic alterations. Computer Speech and Language. 2009 Jan; 23:107–25.
- Atallah MJ, Raskin V, Crogan M, Hempelmann C, Kerschbaum F, Mohamed D, Naik S. Natural language watermarking: Design, analysis, and a proof-of-concept implementation. Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Information Hiding; Springer-Verlag. 2001.p. 185–99.
- Kuang Q, Xu X. A new zero-watermarking scheme based on features extraction for authentication of text. Journal of Convergence Information Technology (JCIT). 2011Nov; 6(11):155–65.
- Jalil Z, Mrirza AM, Sabir M. Content based zero-watermarking algorithm for authentication of text documents. International Journal of Computer Science and Information security. 2010 Feb; 7(2):212–7.
- Jalil Z, Mrirza A, Jabeen H. Word length based zero-watermarking algorithm for tamper detection in text documents. IEEE 2010 2nd International Conference on Computer Engineering and Technology; Chengdu. 2010 Apr 16–18.
- Kaur S, babbar G. A zero-watermarking algorithm on multiple occurrences of letters for text tampering detection. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE). 2013; 5:294–301.
- Ba-Alwi FM, Ghilan MM, Al-Wesabi FN. Content authentication of English text via internet using zero watermarking technique and Markov model. International Journal of Applied Information Systems (IJAIS). 2014; 7(1):25–36.
- Rameshbabu P, Prasannakumar, Balachandrudu KE. Text watermarking using combined image and text. IJERT. 2013 Dec; 2(12):3812–8.
- Du M, Zhao Q. Text watermarking algorithm based on human visual redundancy. Advanced in Information Sciences and Service Sciences. 2011; 3(5):1–7.
- Puhan NB, Ho ATS, Sattar F. Erasable authentication watermarking in binary document images. IEEE Second International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control; Kumamoto. 2007 Sep 5-7.p. 1–288.
- Huang D, Yan H. Inter-word distance changes represented by sine waves for watermarking text images. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. 2001 Dec; 11(12):1237–45.
- Qadir MA, Ahmad I. Digital text watermarking: Secure content delivery and data hiding in digital documents. E systems Magazine. 2006 Dec; 21(11):18–21.
- Unicode Tutorials and Overviews, Unicode Std. Available from: http://www.unicode.org/standard/tutorial-info.html# TUS
- Huynh-Thu Q, Ghanbari M. Scope of validity of PSNR in image, video quality assessment. IEEE Electronics Letters. 2008 Jun 19; 44(13):800–1.
- Sujatha P, Devi R. An overview of digital watermarking with a performance analysis of wavelet families for image compression. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(29):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.