Total views : 2167
Conceptual Design of a Ramp Type Escalator Utilizing Magnetic Levitation Concept
Objectives: The objective of this research work is a prototype design of a new ramp type escalator utilizing the magnetic levitation technology for smooth, fastest and balanced traveling. Methods: The structure of this proposed escalator is modified so as to function as a ramp surface. The traditional electrical and electromechanical escalators are replaced by the high-temperature superconducting coils and magnetic bearings. This research work proposes a methodology expected that the method may be a utility system for the future days. The Electrodynamic Suspension (EDS) system has been utilized in the ramp escalator. Findings: The proposed prototype design of maglev ramp type escalator system is totally different from today's escalators system in the context of its design, structure, technology and operation though its objectives are same. This proposed escalator has been found in animation to better speed with greater passenger safety along with the ease and comfort of passengers during traveling. Analyzing and comparing the various characteristic of the present escalator, the proposed escalator adapting the principle of magnetic levitation technology with high-temperature type II superconductor found the better result in the context of low maintenance cost, fewer staffs for maintenance and in saving the time. There will be no interruption in traveling for a sudden power loss for a certain period of time; the system will work properly due to the superconducting phenomena the current will flow indefinitely in the ramp escalator system. Novelty/Improvement: The proposed prototype design of a ramp type escalator utilizing magnetic levitation technology with the EDS system is a novel concept.
Animation, Escalator, Levitation, Magnetic, Superconductor.
- Kim YW, Kim GS, Park GS. The implementation model of the emergency video call system for deep-depth and highrise buildings lifts. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct.
- McCann M, Zaleski N. Deaths and injuries involving elevators and escalators. Deaths and injuries involving elevators or escalators. 3rd ed. The Center to Protect Workers’ Rights; 2006. p. 8.
- Vischer D, Bleuler H. Self-sensing active magnetic levitation. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 1993 Mar; 29(2):1276-81.
- Woo LH, Kim KC, Ju L. Review of maglev train technologies. IEEE Transactions on in Magnetics. 2006 Jul; 42(7):1917-25,
- Hall SR. Biomimetic synthesis of High-Tc, Type-II superconductor. John Wiley and Sons; 2006 Feb. p. 487-90.
- Palani S. Study of cooling system in I.C. engine improving performance with reduction of cost. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1-8.
- Wang CY, Weng WG. Study on evacuation characteristics in an ultra high-rise building with social force model. IEEE 17th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC); 2014 Oct. p. 566-71.
- Derakhshani D. Introducing Autodesk Maya. SYBEX a Wiley Brand; 2014. p. 65.
- Atherton DL, Eastham AR. Guidance of a high-speed vehicle with electrodynamic suspension. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 1974 Sep; 10(3):413-6.
- Laquer HL, Edeskuty FJ, Hassenzahl WV, Wipf SL. Stability projections for high-temperature superconductors. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 1989 Mar; 25(2):1516-9.
- Hazelton DW, Selvamanickam V, Duval JM, Larbalestier DC, Markiewicz WD, Weijers HW, Holtz RL. Recent developments in 2G HTS coil technology. IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity. 2009 Jun; 19(3):2218-22.
- Jevtovic P. Electrodynamic gravity generator. AIAA SPACE 2015 Conference and Exposition; 2015.
- Tajmar M, Hense K, Marhold K, Matos CD. Weight measurements of high-temperature superconductors during phase transition in stationary, non-stationary condition and under elf radiation. 1290-7. Available from: http://arxiv.org/ftp/gr-qc/papers/0404/0404005.pdf.2005,746(1) 14. Zelati Amir, et al. Effects of Dy2O3 nanoparticle addition on structural and superconducting properties of BSCCO. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Mar; 7(2):123-34.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.