Total views : 279
Human Errors in a Syringe Factory in Urmia Using PHEA
Background/Objectives: Studies show that 60-90% of incidents are directly caused by human errors. The objectives of this study is to determine human errors among manufacturing operators of a syringe factory. Methodology: by identifying the tasks of operators, the tasks of injection, print, assembly and packing operators were determined as important and sensitive tasks. HTA was used to analyze the tasks. Then, PHEA was used to identify the errors related to the tasks. Finally, frequency and types of tasks were determined by the software SPSS-16. Findings: in this study, 175 errors were identified in 8 major and 18 minor tasks of technical engineering, 3 major and 16 minor tasks of injection, 6 major and 7 minor tasks of printing, 4 major and 8 minor tasks of assembly, 1 major and 1 minor tasks of primary packing, 1 major and 2 minor tasks of secondary packing, 2 major and 4 minor tasks of final packing and 5 major and 31 minor tasks of operation. According to results, 103 action errors, 25 checking errors, 10 retrieval errors, 4 information errors, 15 selection errors and 18 sequence errors were identified. Applications/Improvements: PHEA can be used to analyze human errors of tasks and provide solutions to reduce those errors.
Error Detection, Human Errors, PHEA.
- Brauer RL. Safety and health for engineers. John Wiley and Sons: New Jersey, 2006.
- Seraji J, Vatani J. Identification and control of human error: Necessary for Aerospace Industry. Article aviation medicine. 2011 Nov; 134–42.
- Salminen S, Tallberg T. Human errors in fatal and serious occupational accidents in Finland. 1996; 39(7):980–88.
- Santamari’a Ramiro JM, Brana Aisa PA. Risk analysis and reduction in the chemical process industry. Springer: Netherlands, 1998.
- Mohammad Fam I, Golmohammadi R. Evaluation of safety behavior among coach driversin Hamadan. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2004; 5(4):251–60.
- Meshkati MR. Reviewing the occupational accidents of Iran In 2002, Safety at shores Conference, Tehran, Iran, 2003 Feb.
- Haji Hosseini AR, Jafari MJ. Factors influencing human errors during work permit issuance by the electric power transmission network operators. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012; 5(8):3169–73.
- Tajdinan S, Afshari D. Ahwaz Pipe Mills Ankvylr machine control room to investigate human errors using SHERPA and HET in 2011. Iran Occupational Health. 2011; 10(3):56–67.
- Gasemi M, Seraji J. Compared to control and reduce the risk of human error correction technique in the control room Petrochemical SHERPA. Iran Occupational Health. Autumn. 2010; 8(3):14–22 .
- Shah Gholi Nejad N, Jafari MJ et al. Structure of human errors in tasks of operators Working in the Control room of an oil refinery unit. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012; 5(2):2065–70.
- Kermani A, mazlumiy A et al. Identification and evaluation of human error related to the duties of a nurse in the emergency department of a hospital in the city of Semnan. Journal of Occupational Medicine Specialist. 2010; 4(4):98– 108 [Persian]
- Cheraghali AM, Agasyan S, Amir soleimany K. Comparative evaluation of disposable syringes in for the presence particles visible to the naked eye, University of Medical Sciences BAQIYATALLAH. 2003; 8(6(36)):417– 20.
- Lees FP. Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. Butter Worth-Haineman: UK, 2005.
- Hidemitsu H, Iwaki T, Embery D. Study on the Methodology for Predicting and Preventing Errors to Improve Reliability of Maintenance Task in Nuclear Power Plant. INSS Journal. 2001.
- Mostia WL. Human error in instrumentation systems. Available from: http://www.controlglobal.com/ articles/2006/140/, Date accessed: 09/11/2002.
- Brazier A, Richardson P, Embery D. Human factor Assessment of safety critical tasks R. 2000; 8–11.
- Adl J, Seraj JN, Jahangiri M. Seraj Identification and Analysis of Human Errors by PHEA Technique in Isomax Unit of an Oil Refinery. Journal of Petroleum Research. 2006; 15(52):54–62.
- Stanton N, Salmon P et al. Human Factors Design and Evaluation Methods Review. Defense Technology Center. 2004.
- Jahangiri M, Adl J. Identify and analyze human errors are predictable licensing process works in Tehran Refinery. Fourth National Congress of Occupational Health hamadan. 2004; 63–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.