Total views : 322
Analysis of Current FPGA-Based Image Watermarking Attempts
Objective: Analysing of current FPGA-based image watermarking attempts to figure out the future requirements for such systems. Analysis: Hardware-based watermarking systems have been studied according to their performance in time, frequency and robustness measurements. A comparison has been made among current systems in terms of robustness, image quality achieved and system performance. Findings: Image watermarking was a very demand area of research in last decades, but hardware based attempts of image watermarking are still few in compare with software implementations although many modern systems nowadays rely on hardware-based real time algorithms. For their flexibility and reprogrammable nature, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) where adopted by many researchers for implementing watermarking hardware algorithms in cases where the need of high speed computations is a critical requirement. We find that many current watermarking schemes need to combine the required watermarking features as image quality measurements, using real size images, adaptable designs, and using FPGA features in using parallel high performance systems.
FPGA, Image Processing, Spatial domain, Transform domain, Watermarking.
- Janani VSE, Ganeshkumar P. Compliant Data-centric Network Processing for Energy Economic Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S9):506-12.
- Maity HK, Maity SP. FPGA implementation of reversible watermarking in digital images using reversible contrast mapping. Journal of Systems and Software. 2014; 96:93-104.
- Maity SP, Kundu MK, Maity S. Dual purpose FWT domain spread spectrum image watermarking in real time. Computers & Electrical Engineering. 2009; 35(2):415-33.
- Mahanta K, Das DJ, Bhuyan HM, Dutta A, Gogoi M. Design and implementation of an MSI number based image watermarking architecture in transform domain. Noida: 2014 International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN). 2014; p. 157-63.
- Mohanty SP, Kougianos E, Ranganathan N. VLSI architecture and chip for combined invisible robust and fragile watermarking. IET Computers & Digital Techniques. 2007; 1(5):600-11.
- Maity SP, Kundu MK. Distortion free image-in-image communication with implementation in FPGA. AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications. 2013; 67(5):438-47.
- Hartung F, Kutter M. Multimedia watermarking techniques. Proceedings of the IEEE. 1999; 87(7):1079-107.
- Gunjal BL, Manthalkar RR. An overview of transform domain robust digital image watermarking algorithms. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences. 2010; 2(1):37-42.
- Cox I, Miller M, Bloom J, Fridrich J, Kalker T. Morgan Kaufmann: USA: Digital watermarking and steganography. 2008.
- Joshi AM, Darji A, Mishra V. Design and implementation of real-time image watermarking. Xi'an: 2011 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Communications and Computing (ICSPCC). 2011; p. 1-5.
- Digital Water Marking Applications. Date accessed: 11/1/2016: Available from: www.digitalwatermarkingalliance.org/applications.asp.
- Huo Y, He H, Chen F. A semi-fragile image watermarking algorithm with two-stage detection. Multimedia tools and applications. 2014; 72(1):123-49.
- Kahng AB, Lach J, Mangione-Smith WH, Mantik S, Markov IL, Potkonjak M, Wolfe G. Watermarking techniques for intellectual property protection. DAC’98, Proceedings of the 35th annual Design Automation Conference. 1998; p. 776-81.
- Ghosh S, Talapatra S, Sharma J, Chatterjee N, Rahaman H, Maity SP. Dual Mode VLSI Architecture for Spread Spectrum Image Watermarking using Binary Watermark. Procedia Technology. 2012; 6:784-91.
- Mundhada SO, Shandilya VK. Spatial and Transformation Domain Techniques for Image Enhancement. International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT). 2012; 1(2):213-16.
- Mohanty SP, Kumara RC, Nayak S. Heidelberg: Springer-Berlin: FPGA Based Implementation of an Invisible-Robust Image Watermarking Encoder. Intelligent Information Technology. 2004; p. 344-53.
- Ghosh S, Ray P, Maity SP, Rahaman H. Spread spectrum image watermarking with digital design. Patiala: IACC 2009, IEEE International Advance Computing Conference. 2009; p. 868-73.
- Ghosh S, Talapatra S, Chatterjee N, Maity SP, Rahaman H. FPGA based Implementation of Embedding and Decoding Architecture for Binary Watermark by Spread Spectrum Scheme in Spatial Domain. Bonfring International Journal of Advances in Image Processing. 2012; 2(4):1-8.
- Abdel-Hamid AT, Tahar S, Aboulhamid EM. A survey on IP watermarking techniques. Design Automation for Embedded Systems. 2004; 9(3):211-27.
- Venkateswarlu SC, Reddy PB, Raju YD. Watermarking for JPEG2000 compression standard on FPGA. Proceedings of the International Conference and Workshop on Emerging Trends in Technology. 2010; p. 309-14.
- Karmani S, Djemal R, Tourki R. Efficient hardware architecture of 2D-scan-based wavelet watermarking for image and video. Computer Standards & Interfaces. 2009; 31(4):801-11.
- Wang X, Qin Q, Cheng Y. Design and Implementation of Digital Image Watermark Based on FPGA. Heidelberg: Springer Berlin: Recent Advances in Computer Science and Information Engineering. 2012; p. 223-29.
- Feifei C, Yuhui L, Bo L, Yu L. FPGA-based adaptive image watermark embedding method and implementation. Shenzhen: IET International Conference on Information Science and Control Engineering, ICISCE 2012. 2012; p. 1-4.
- Karthigaikumar P, Baskaran K. FPGA Implementation of High Speed Low Area DWT Based Invisible Image Watermarking Algorithm. Procedia Engineering. 2012; 30:266-73.
- Darji AD, Lad TC, Merchant SN, Chandorkar AN. Watermarking Hardware Based on Wavelet Coefficients Quantization Method. Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing. 2013; 32(6):2559-79.
- Kiran S, Nadhini Sri KV, Jaya J. Design and implementation of FPGA based invisible image watermarking encoder using wavelet transformation. Coimbatore: 2013 International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering and Technology (ICCTET). 2013; p. 323-25.
- Khoshki RM, Oweis S, Wang S, Pappas G, Ganesan S. FPGA Hardware Based Implementation of an Image Watermarking System. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2014; 3(5):6400-05.
- Nallathambi B, Karthigaikumar P. FPGA implementation of hiding information using cryptographic key. Coimbatore: 2014 International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS). 2014; p. 1-5.
- 7 Series FPGAs Configurable Logic Block. Date accessed 17/11/2014: Available from: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug474_7Series_CLB.pdf.
- Logic Elements and Logic Array Blocks in the Cyclone III Device Family Cyclone III Device Handbook. 2011 Dec; 1:1-8.
- Mohanty SP, Kougianos E. Real-time perceptual watermarking architectures for video broadcasting. Journal of Systems and Software. 2011; 84(5):724-38.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.