Total views : 314
Survey on Identifying Packet Misbehavior in Network Virtualization
Background/Objectives: The pros in using network virtualization for the users and the resources offers effectual, meticulous, and protected sharing of the networking resources. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In network there is a problem of accountability that any malicious router can drop packets that are supposed to impart packets instead of throwouts. To understand the packet dropping issues in detail this paper recognizes the foremost attacks and to tackle these attacks algorithms are initiated. Findings: A concise assessment on two major attacks are dealt in this article: black hole attack and gray hole attack. If there is any malevolent node in the network, the number of data packets is not reaching the destination, since the packets dive in middle path. To overcome these issues, we identify proposed mechanisms against the attacks and improve the network recital in terms of package globule degree. Applications/Improvements: Heuristics algorithm and obfuscation algorithm are the algorithms which help in exploring lost packets in network while transmitting to end users.
Black Hole Attack, Gray Hole Attack, Heuristics Algorithm, Network Virtualization, Obfuscation Algorithm, Virtual Routing and Forwarding.
- Jammala M, Singh T, Shami A, Asal R, Li Y. Software-defined networking: State of the art and research challenges. Journal of Computer Networks. 2014 Oct; 72(1). DOI: 10.1016/j.comnet.2014.07.004.
- Jose M-A, Sara Z-V, Ignacio M-G. Virtual desktop deployment in middle education and community centers using low-cost hardware. International Journal of Information and Education Technology. 2013 Dec; 3(6). DOI: 10.7763/IJIET.2013.V3.355.
- Kaafar MA, Mathy L, Turletti T, Dabbous W. Real attacks on virtual networks: Vivaldi out of tune. Proceedings of the SIGCOMM workshop on Large Scale Attack Defense LSAD. 2006 Sep; 1(1): 139–46. DOI: 10.1145/1162666.1162672.
- Younge AJ, Henschel R, Brown JT, von Laszewski G. Analysis of virtualization technologies for high performance computing environments. 2011 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD). 2011 Jul; 1(1): 9–16. DOI: 10.1109/CLOUD.2011.29.
- Kurosawa S, Nakayama H, Kato N, Jamalipour A, Nemoto Y. Detecting black hole attack on AODV based mobile ad hoc networks by dynamic learning method. International Journal of Network Security. 2007 Nov;5(3). DOI: 10.1.1.183.2047.
- Chowdhury NMMK, Boutaba R. Network virtualization: State of the art and research challenges. Communications Magazine. 2009 Jul; 47(7). DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2009.5183468.
- Saeed IA, Selamat A, Abuagoub AMA. A survey on malware and malware detection systems. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013 Apr; 67(16). DOI: 10.5120/11480-7108.
- Saini R, Khari M. Defining malicious behavior of a node and its defensive methods in ad hoc network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2011 Apr; 20(4). DOI: 10.5120/2422-3251.
- Kaushik R, Singhai J. Detection and isolation of reluctant nodes using reputation based scheme in an ad-hoc network. International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications. 2011 March; 3(2). DOI: 10.5121/ijcnc.2011.3207.
- Ghoniemy SSA. Performance analysis of mobile ad-hoc network protocols against black hole attacks. International Journal of Computer Vision and Image Processing. 2013 Jun; 3(2). DOI: 10.4018/ijcvip.2013040105.
- Deng H, Li W, Agrawal DP. Routing security in wireless ad hoc network. Communications Magazine. 2002 Oct; 40(10). DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2002.1039859.
- Al-Shurman M, Yoo S-M, Park S. Black hole attack in mobile ad hoc networks. Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Southeast Regional Conference, ACM; 2004 Apr. DOI: 10.1145/986537.986560.
- Alizadeh M, Wan Haslina H, Salleh M, Zamani M, Zadeh EG. Implementation and evaluation of lightweight encryption algorithms suitable for RFID. Journal of Next Generation Information Technology. 2013 Feb; 4(1). DOI: 10.4156/jnit.vol4.issue1.9.
- Tseng F-H, Chou L-D, Chao H-C. A survey of black hole attacks in wireless mobile ad hoc networks. Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences. 2011 Nov; 1(4). DOI: 10.1186/2192-1962-1-4.
- Tripathi M, Gaur MS, Laxmi V. Comparing the impact of black hole and gray hole attack on LEACH in WSN. Procedia Computer Science. 2013 Dec; 19(1). DOI: 10.1016/j.procs.2013.06.155.
- Sharma A, Singh R, Pandey G. Detection and prevention from black hole attack in AODV protocol for MANET. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Jul; 50(5). DOI: 10.5120/7764-0837.
- She C, Yi P, Wang J, Yang H. Intrusion detection for black hole and gray hole in MANETs. KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems. 2013 Jul; 7(7). DOI: 10.3837/tiis.2013.07.012.
- Lee S, Han B, Shin M. Robust routing in wireless ad-hoc networks. Proceedings of International conference on Parallel Processing Workshops. 2002 Aug; 18(21). DOI: 10.1109/ICPPW.2002.1039714.
- Gupta S, Subrat K, Dharmaraja S. BAAP: Black hole Attack Avoidance Protocol for wireless network. International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology, Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT), 2nd International Conference on IEEE. 2011 Sep; 1(1): 468–73. DOI: 10.1109/ICCCT.2011.6075136.
- Khin EE, Phyu T. Impact of black hole attack on AODV routing protocol. International Journal of Information Technology, Modeling and Computing. 2014 May; 2(2). DOI: 10.5121/ijitmc.2014.2202.
- Cai J, Yi P, Chen J, Wang Z, Liu N. An adaptive approach to detecting black and gray hole attacks in ad hoc network. 2010 24th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA). 2010 Apr; 1(1): 775–80. DOI: 10.1109/AINA.2010.143.
- Arora SK, Monga H. Combined approach for the analysis of black hole and worm hole attack in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20). DOI:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i20/90391.
- Kanthe AM, Simunic D, Prasad R. A mechanism for gray hole attack detection in mobile ad–hoc networks. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Sep; 53(16). DOI: 10.5120/8507-2511.
- Sen J, Chandra MG, Harihara SG, Reddy H, Balamuralidhar P. A mechanism for detection of gray hole attack in mobile ad hoc networks. International Conference on Information and Communication Systems. 2007 Dec; 1(1):1–5. DOI: 10.1109/ICICS.2007.4449664.
- Xiaopeng G, Wei C. A novel gray hole attack detection scheme for mobile ad-hoc networks. International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing. 2007 Sep; 1(1): 209–14. DOI: 10.1109/NPC.2007.88.
- Aarti, PR. Prevention and elimination of gray hole attack in mobile ad-hoc networks by enhanced multipath approach. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. 2015 May; 23(5). DOI: 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V23P242.
- Taggu A, Taggu A. Trace Gray: An application-layer scheme for intrusion detection in MANET using mobile agents. 2011 Third International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks (COMSNETS). 2011 Jan; 1(1). DOI: 10.1109/COMSNETS.2011.5716475.
- Mohanapriya M, Krishnamurthi I. Modified DSR protocol for detection and removal of selective black hole attack in MANET. Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2014 Feb; 40(2). DOI: 10.1016/j.compeleceng.2013.06.001.
- Pal S, Li H, Sikdar B, Chow J. A mechanism for detecting gray hole attacks on synchrophasor data. IEEE International Conference on Communications. 2014 June; 1(1): 4131–36. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2014.6883968.
- Vishnu K, Paul AJ. Detection and removal of cooperative black/gray hole attack in mobile ADHOC networks. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010 Feb; 1(22). DOI: 10.5120/445-679.
- Singh HP, Singh VP, Singh R. Cooperative blackhole/ grayhole attack detection and prevention in mobile ad hoc network: A review. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013 Feb; 64(3). DOI: 10.5120/10613-5330.
- Ramaswamy S, Fu H, Sreekantaradhya M, Dixon J, Nygard K. Prevention of cooperative black hole attack in wireless ad hoc networks. International Conference on Wireless Networks. 2003 Jun; 1(1). DOI: 10.1.1.84.9717.
- Banerjee S. Detection/removal of cooperative black and gray hole attack in mobile ad-hoc networks. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2008. 2008 Oct; 1(1). DOI: 10.5120/445-679.
- Wahane G, Lonare S. Technique for detection of cooperative black hole attack in MANET. International Conference on Advances in Engineering and Technology. 2014 Jul; 1(1):1–8. DOI: 10.1109/ICCCNT.2013.6726621.
- Kaur J, Singh T. A secured data transmission method using enhanced proactive secret sharing scheme to prevent blackhole attack in MANETs - A review. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2015 Jun; 119(10). DOI: 10.5120/21104-3827.
- Tamilselvan L, Sankaranarayanan V. Prevention of co-operative black hole attacks in MANET. Journal of Networks. 2008 May; 3(5). DOI: 10.4304/jnw.3.5.13-20.
- Agrawal P, Ghosh RK, Das SK. Cooperative black and gray hole attacks in mobile ad hoc networks. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication. 2008 Dec; 1(1). DOI: 10.1145/1352793.1352859.
- Jain S, Jain M, Kandwal H. Advanced algorithm for detection and prevention of cooperative Black and Gray hole attacks in mobile ad hoc networks. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 1(7). DOI: 10.5120/165-290.
- Lokare DA, Kanthe AM, Simunic D. Cooperative gray hole attack discovery and elimination using credit based technique in MANET. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2014 Feb; 88(15). DOI: 10.5120/15427-3850.
- Seifert C, Welch I, Komisarczuk P. Identification of malicious web pages with static heuristics. Proceedings of the Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference IEEE. 2008 Dec; 47(1). DOI: 10.1109/ATNAC.2008.4783302.
- Wu TH, Low C, Bai JW. Heuristic solutions to multi-depot location-routing problems. Journal Computers and Operations Research. 2002 Sep; 29(10). DOI: 10.1016/S0305-0548(01)00038-7.
- Paul G. Comparative performance of Tabu search and simulated annealing heuristics for the quadratic assignment problem. Operations Research Letters Elsevier. 2010 Nov; 38(6). DOI: 10.1016/j.orl.2010.09.009.
- Toth P, Vigo D. A heuristic algorithm for the symmetric and asymmetric vehicle routing problems with backhauls. European Journal of Operational Research. 1999 Feb; 113(3). DOI: 10.1016/S0377-2217(98)00086-1.
- Ghandeshtani M, Seyedkashi N. New simulated annealing algorithm for quadratic assignment problem. The Fourth International Conference on Advanced Engineering Computing and Applications in Sciences. 2010 March; 1(1). DOI: 10.1.1.681.4982.
- Silberholz J, Golden B. Comparison of meta-heuristic, handbook of meta-heuristic algorithms. International Series in operations Research and Management Science. 2010 Sep; 146(1). DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4419-1665-5_21.
- Wu Y, Chiueh TC, Zhao C. Efficient and automatic instrumentation for packed binaries. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference and Workshops on Advances in Information Security and Assurance, Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2009 June;1(1): 307–16. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-02617-1_32.
- Brosch T, Morgenstern M. Runtime packers: The Hidden Problem? Black Hat USA [Internet]. 2006. Available from: http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-06/BH-US-06-Morgenstern.pdf.
- Sung AH, Xu J, Chavez P, Mukkamala S. Static Analyzer of Vicious Executables (SAVE). Proceedings of the 20th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference 2004, IEEE Computer Society. 2004 Dec; 1(1). DOI: 10.1109/CSAC.2004.37.
- Yung-Tsung H, Yimeng C, Tsuhan C, Chi-Sung L, Chia-Mei C. Malicious web content detection by machine learning. Expert Systems with Applications. 2010 Jan; 37(1). DOI: 10.1016/j.eswa.2009.05.023.
- Arora SK, Vijan S, Gaba GS. Detection and analysis of black hole attack using IDS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i20/85588.
- Vangili A, Thangadurai K. Detection of black hole attack in mobile ad-hoc networks using ant colony optimization – simulation analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13). DOI:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i13/58200.
- Amiri R, Rafsanjani MK, Khosravi E. Black hole attacks detection by invalid Ip addresses in mobile ad hoc networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(4). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2014/v7i4/48626.
- Hizbullah K, Iqbal UA, Insafullah. A Khattak approach for detection and removal of black and gray hole attacks in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4). DOI:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i4/77755.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.