Total views : 241
A New Model for Sample and Hold Unit of ADCs based on CC with High Bandwidth and Low Power Consumption (for Medical Applications)
Objectives: To present a new design based on CCII to improve ADC parameters. Methods/Analysis: ADCs play a vital role in implementation of electronic circuits. These circuits have different parts for which optimization can reduce power and voltage consumption and increase ADC bandwidth. Findings: The results showed that the suggested circuit could be implemented for certain application, such as medicine. ADC bandwidth reached an optimal level compared to other suggested designs; in the current model, ADC bandwidth was able to improve significantly. Moreover, <1mW power was used; therefore this ADC is suggested for medical applications. Applications/Improvement: Comparing the speed of the suggested design before and after implementation of CCII, the circuit speed was higher at current mode.
ADC, Accuracy, Bandwidth, Current Conveyor, Power Consumption.
- Van de Plassche RJ. CMOS integrated analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters. The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Sciences, Springer Science &, Business Media. 2003; 742 pp.
- Mishali M, Eldar YC, Dounaevsky O, Shoshan E. Xampling: Analog to digital at sub-Nyquist rates. IET circuits, devices and systems. 2011; 5(1):8–20.
- Sachdev M. Defect oriented testing for CMOS analog and digital circuits. Springer Science & Business Media: US. 2013.
- Kim J, Jang TK, Yoon YG, Cho S. Analysis and design of voltage-controlled oscillator based analog-to-digital converter. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers. 2010; 57(1):18–30.
- Liu RW. Testing and diagnosis of analog circuits and systems. Springer Science and Business Media: US. 1991.
- Zhang X, Cai C, Meng H, Sudani S, Geiger R, Chen D. A calibration technique for SAR analog-to-digital converter based on INL testing with quantization bits and redundant bit. 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Lisbon. 2015; 3024–27.
- Demler MJ. High-speed analog-to-digital conversion. Academic Press: USA, 1991.
- Purcell O, Lu TK. Synthetic analog and digital circuits for cellular computation and memory. Current Opinion in Biotechnology. 2014; 29:146–55.
- Sansen W, Huijsing J, van de Plassche RJ. Analog circuit design: MOST RF circuits, sigma-delta converters and translinear circuits. Springer Science and Business Media: US, 1996.
- Huijsing J, van de Plassche RJ, Sansen W. Analog circuit design: operational amplifiers, analog to digital convertors, analog computer aided design. Springer Science and Business Media. 1993.
- Okada K, Kondou K, Miyahara M, Shinagawa M, Asada H, Minami R, Matsuzawa, A. A full 4-channel 6.3 Gb/s 60GHz direct-conversion transceiver with low-power analog and digital baseband circuitry. In 2012 IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference Digest of Technical Papers (ISSCC), San Francisco, CA. 2012. p. 218–20.
- Watabe T, Kitamura K, Hayashida T, Kosugi T, Ohtake H, Shimamoto H, Kawahito S. Digital Calibration for a 2-Stage Cyclic Analog-to-Digital Converter Used in a 33-Mpixel 120-fps SHV CMOS Image Sensor. ITE Transactions on Media Technology and Applications. 2014; 2(2):102–7.
- Jiang H, Liu H, Guzzino K, Kubo D, Li CT, Chang R, Chen MT. A 5 Giga Samples Per Second 8-Bit Analog to Digital Printed Circuit Board for Radio Astronomy. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific. 2014; 126(942):761–68.
- Senani R, Bhaskar DR, Singh AK. Second Generation Applications of Other Types of Current Conveyors in Realizing Synthetic Impedances. In Current Conveyors, Springer International Publishing: Switzerland,. 2015; 469–99.
- Senani R, Bhaskar DR, Singh AK. Second Generation Miscellaneous Linear/Nonlinear Applications of Various Types of Current Conveyors. In Current Conveyors.Springer International Publishing: Switzerland, 2015, pp. 501–30.
- Senani R, Bhaskar DR, Singh AK. Second Generation Controlled Current Conveyors (CCCII) and Their Applications. In Current Conveyors, Springer International Publishing: Switzerland. 2015; 255–13.
- Senani R, Bhaskar DR, Singh AK. Current Conveyors: Variants, Applications and Hardware Implementations. Springer International Publishing: Switzerland. 2015.
- Shende MR, Gumble PR. Architecture of 4-BIT pipeline ADC in CMOS technology. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering and Technology (IJARCET). 2013; 2(3):1159–65.
- Bakawale N, Jain M, Gamad RS. Design and Performance Verification of Current Conveyor based Pipeline A/D Converter using 180 Nm Technology. European Scientific Journal. 2012; 8(27):118–31. 20. Gopal PR, Saravanan S. Low power estimation on test compression technique for SoC based design. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(14):1–5.
- Dhankar M, Kajal RS, Kalia K, Vashishta K, Kumar A. Energy efficient memory design using low voltage complementary metal oxide semiconductor on 28nm FPGA. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(17):1–6.
- Nabatirad MR, Eghbalpour H, Rahnamafard Y, Pirayesh A. Load Sharing by Decentralized Control in an Islanded Inverter-based Microgrid using Frequency Tracking. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(27):1–11.
- Subha S. A Power Saving Set Associative Cache Model. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(6):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.