Total views : 341
Green based Software Development Life Cycle Model for Software Engineering
Objectives: The main objectives of this research work are to propose a new green based model for Software engineering with no impact in the environment. Analysis: In the beginning stages of ICT manufacturing companies and software developing companies are given more imperative for Hardware and software. They don't think about the sustainability of resource used for manufacturing of a product or development of an application from the statistical analysis it was identified that there is a need to minimize the energy utilization and relate to CO2 emission of IT equipment. Result: The experimental results verified that proposed model out performed than the existing software engineering model with little impacts on the environmental considerations. Improvement/Application: Experiments revealed that the proposed Green Based SDLC technique is able to reduce the power consumption.
Capability Maturity Model, Environment and Development, Green Power Indicator, Green Tracker, Non Function Requirements, Sustainable Software Development Life Cycle.
- Dick M, Drangmeister J, Kern E, Naumann S. Green software engineering with agile methods. 2nd International Workshop on Green and Sustainable Software (GREENS). 2013 May; 1(1). DOI: 10.1109/GREENS.2013.6606425.
- Johann, T, Dick M, Kern E, Naumann S. Sustainable development, sustainable software, and sustainable software engineering: An integrated approach. 2011 International Symposium on Humanities, Science and Engineering Research (SHUSER). 2011 Jun 6–7. DOI: 10.1109/ SHUSER.2011.6008495.
- Bener AB, Morisio M, Miranskyy A. Green software. Software. 2014 May–Jun; 31(3):36–9. DOI: 10.1109/ MS.2014.62.
- Naumann S, Dick M, Kern E, Johann T. The GREENSOFT Model: A reference model for green and sustainable software and its engineering. Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems. 2011 Dec; 1(4):294–304. DOI: 10.1016/j.suscom.2011.06.004.
- Sierszecki K, Mikkonen T, Steffens M, Fogdal T, Savolainen J. Green software: Greening what and how much? Software. 2014 May–Jun; 31(3):64–8. DOI: 10.1109/MS.2014.63.
- Capra E, Francalanci C, Slaughter SA. Is software green? Application development environments and energy efficiency in open source applications. Information and Software Technology.2012 Jan; 54(1):60–71. DOI: 10.1016/j.infsof.2011.07.005.
- Sahin C, Cayci F, Clause J, Kiamilev F, Pollock L, Winbladh K. Towards power reduction through improved software design. Energytech. 2012 May 29–31:1–6. DOI: 10.1109/ EnergyTech.2012.6304705.
- Taina-Good J. Bad and beautiful – In search of green software quality factors- CEPIS upgrade European Journal Exploring Initial Challenges for Green Software Engineering. 2011; 4.
- Penzenstadler B, Femmer H, Richardson D. Who is the advocate? Stakeholders for sustainability. 2013 2nd International Workshop on Green and Sustainable Software (GREENS). 2013 May 20:70–7. DOI: 10.1109/GREENS.2013.6606424.
- Penzenstadler B, Raturi A, Richardson D, Tomlinson B. Safety, security, now sustainability: The nonfunctional requirement for the 21st century. Software. 2018 May–Jun; 31(3):40–7. DOI: 10.1109/MS.2014.22.
- Kroeger TA, Davidson NJ, Cook SC. Understanding the characteristics of quality for software engineering processes: A grounded theory investigation. Information and Software Technology. 2014 Feb; 5(2). DOI: 10.1016/j.infsof.2013.10.003.
- Albertao F, Xiao J, Tian C, Lu Y, Zhang KQ, Liu C. Measuring the sustainability performance of software project. 2010 IEEE 7th International Conference on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE); 2010. p. 369–73. DOI: 10.1109/ ICEBE.2010.26.
- Kandananond K. A roadmap to green supply chain system through Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation. Procedia Engineering. 2014; 69: 377–82. DOI: org/10.1016/j.proeng.2014.03.002.
- Dick M, Drangmeister J, Kern E, Naumann S. Green software engineering with agile methods. 2013 2nd International Workshop on Green and Sustainable Software (GREENS); 2013 May 20. p. 78–85. DOI: 10.1109/ GREENS.2013.6606425.
- Shenoy SS, Eeratta R. Green software development model: An approach towards sustainable software development. 2011 Annual IEEE India Conference, Hyderabad; 2011. p. 1–6. DOI: 10.1109/INDCON.2011.6139638.
- Nagarajan R, Joseph AV, Sujatha S. Behavioural aspects of software project management- in- house software development. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(S3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS3/58771.
- Rashid E, Patnayak S, Bhattacherjee V. Estimation and Evaluation of change in software quality at a particular stage of software development. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Oct; 6(10). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2013/ v6i10/38797.
- Hilty LM, Lohmann W. The five most neglected issues in Green IT CEPIS upgrade. The European Journal for the Informatics Professional. 2011 Oct; XII(4):11–15.
- Kogelman C-A. Examine green ICT awareness in organizations: Initial Findings CEPIS Upgrade. The European Journal for the Informatics Professional. 2011 Oct; XII(4):6–10.
- Raffo DM, Harrison W, Vandeville J. Software process decision support: Making process tradeoffs using a hybrid metrics, modeling and utility frame work. Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering; 2002. p. 803–9.
- Penzenstadler B, Tomlinson B, Richardson D. RE4ES support environmental sustainability by requirements engineering. 2012 Journal of International Workshop on Requirements Engineering for Sustainable Systems; 2012.
- Shahabuddin SM, Prasanth Y. Integration testing prior to unit testing: A paradigm shift in object oriented software testing of agile software engineering. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20). DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2016/v9i20/91223.
- Bhatia MPS, Kumar A, Beniwal R. Ontologies for software engineering: Past, present and future. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9). DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2016/v9i9/71384.
- Wankhede HS, Kiwelekar AW. Qualitative assessment of software engineering examination questions with bloom’s taxonomy. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i6/85012.
- Mahmoud SS, Ahmad I. A green model for sustainable software engineering. International Journal of Software Engineering and its Applications. 2013 Jul; 7(4).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.