Total views : 385
Efficient Energy Utilization and Node Localization in Dynamic DV-Hop Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks
Objective: This paper deals with the proposed Dynamic DV-Hop technique for wireless sensor node localization is used for the computing node location with better accuracy and less localization error. Method: DV-Hop is simply an algorithm of the range-free localization which can help us getting estimation by using the hop-distance. Since there is very low location accuracy found in DV-Hop localization algorithm. By figure-out the DV-Hop problem so it is essential improving the DV-Hop algorithm, a newly and the communication ranges. This method requires no extra supplementary estimated model is propounded by considering the relations in between the node-hop distance hardware support. However, this method can be instrumented in a distributed manner. Findings: The simulation work show that the proposed scheme decreases the total communication cost than the normal DV-Hop algorithm so in the proposed Dynamic DV-Hop method it represents less localization errors which is established by the graphs. In the present study, proposed scheme provides efficient energy utilization and management during the Dynamic DV-Hop localization method. Application/Improvement: The research work concludes by stating that very low location accuracy found in DV-Hop algorithm but this issue can be improved by proposed Dynamic DV-Hop algorithm and efficient energy utilization and management is performed.
DV-Hop, Node Localization, Range-based Algorithms, Range-free Algorithms, Wireless Sensor Network.
- Akyildiz I, Su W, Sankarasubramaniam Y, Cayirci E. A survey on sensor network. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2002 Aug; 40(8):102–14.
- Yuheng L, Zhenyong C, Jing W, Zhang X. Proactive wakeup and sleep scheduling scheme for localizing mobile sensors. Journal of Software. 2009; 20(1):164–76.
- Patwari N, Hero AO, Perkins M, Correal NS, O’Dea RJ. Relative location estimation in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Trans Signal Process. 2003; 51(8):2137–48.
- Huaizhi L, Mukesh S. Anchor-based Routing Protocol (ABRP) for mobile ad-hoc networks. Wireless Personal Communications. 2007; 42(2):277–300.
- Yichuan D, Nathan K, Jiawei Q, Henry W. Sensor network localization. Euclidean distance matrix completions and graph realization. Optimization and Engineering. 2010; 11(1):45–66.
- Leeuw JD. Convergence of the majorization method for multidimensional scaling. Journal of Classification. 1998; 5(2):163–80.
- Antanas Z, Julius Z. Branch and bound algorithm for multidimensional scaling with city-block metric. Journal of Global Optimization. 2009; 43(3):357–72.
- Suo H, Wan J, Huang L, Zou C. Issues and challenges of Wireless Sensor Networks localization in emerging applications. IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (ICCSEE); 2012; 3:447–51.
- Carli M, Panzieri S, Pascucci F. A joint routing and localization algorithm for emergency Scenario. Ad Hoc Networks. 2014; 13(A):19–33.
- Cobo L, Castro H, Quintero A. A location routing protocol based on smart antennas for Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(11). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i11/71788.
- Bulusu N, Heidemann J, Estrin D. GPS-less low cost outdoor localization for very small devices. IEEE Personal Communications Magazine. 2000; 7(5):28–34.
- Shi W, Jia C, Liang H. An improved DV-Hop localization algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks. Chinese Journal of Sensors and Actuators. 2011; 24(1):83–7.
- Nagpal R. Organizing a global coordinate system from local information on an amorphous computer. A.I. Memo 1666, MIT A.I. Laboratory; 1999 Aug;
- Li M, Liu Y. Rendered path: Range-free localization in anisotropic sensor networks with holes. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. 2010; 18(1):320–32.
- Yi X, Liu Y, Deng L, He Y. An improved DV-Hop positioning algorithm with modified distance error for Wireless Sensor Network. The 12th International Symposium on Knowledge Acquisition and Modeling. 2009; 2:216–8.
- Harikrishnan R, Jawahar Senthil Kumar V. An integrated Xbee Arduino with group search optimizer approach for localization in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22). DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2015/v8i22 /79099.
- Wang YH, Zhang J, Nan W, Fang G. An improved DV-Hop localization algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation. 2011; 2:576–79.
- Li J, Zhang JM, Liu XD. A weighted DV-Hop localization scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks. The 8th International Conference on Embedded Computing; 2009. p. 269–72.
- Zhang J, Wu YH, Shi F, Geng V. Localization algorithm based on DV-Hop for Wireless Sensor Networks. Journal of Computer Application. 2010; 30(2):323–6.
- Yu W, Li H. An improved DV-Hop localization method in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering (CSAE). 2012; 3:199–202.
- Niculescu D, Nath B. Ad Hoc Positioning System (APS). Proc of the IEEE GLOBECOM. San Antonio. 2001; 5:2926– 31.
- Savarese C, Rabaey JM, Langendoen K. Robust positioning algorithms for distributed ad-hoc Wireless Sensor Networks. USENIX Technical Annual Conference. (USINIX’02); Monterey, Calif, USA. 2002. p. 317–27.
- Feeney LM. An energy-consumption model for performance analysis of routing protocols for mobile ad hoc networks. Mobile Networks and Applications. 2001; 3(6):239–49.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.