Total views : 165
Performance and Evaluation of Six Row Selfpropelled Paddy Transplanter under Different Puddling Methods
Self-propelled rice transplanter was evaluated under different puddling has been conducted Agricultural Research Station, Gangavati during 2014-15. KUBOTA Model NSPU-68C (6 rows) transplanter was used in an experiment. This transplanter (Kubato Model) was in view to decrease the cost operation and it is used for transplanting purpose. The number of floating hills increased with an increasing level of puddling. The numbers of buried hills were reduced significantly with an increase in the sedimentation period as well as the both No. of passes. The field efficiency, field capacity, and fuel consumption of the transplanter were, 62.96 %, 0.54 ha/h and 4.29 l/h, respectively. The cost of operation of tractor operated disc puddler, rotovator and rotomixuer was 484 Rs/h, 538 Rs/h, 551 Rs/h and cost of operation of transplanter is 965 Rs/h. Compared to manual transplanting of paddy the machine was found to be farmer friendly and feasible in terms of time, money and labour requirement.
Floating Hills, Fuel Consumption, Missing Hills, Paddy Transplanter.
- The Hindu Survey of Indian Agriculture; 2009. p. 23–6.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India [Internet]. 2013. Available from: http:// www.indiastat.com.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India [Internet]. 2012. Available from: http:// www.indiastat.com.
- The Hindu Survey of Indian Agriculture; 2010. p. 43–46.
- Behera BK, Varshney, BP, Goel AK. Effect of puddling on puddled soil characteristics and performance of self-propelled transplanter in rice crop. International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. 2009; 10(5):1–18.
- Rao MV, Pradhan SV. Cultivation practice. Rice Production Manual, International Committee for Animal Recording; 1973. p. 71–95.
- Behera BK, Varshney BP. Studies on optimization of puddled soil characteristics for self-propelled rice transplanter. Agricultural Mechanization in Asia. 2003; 34(3):12–16.
- Muhammad AM. Performance evaluation of kukje self propelled rice transplanter. Agricultural Engineers Today. 2013; 29(4): 11-17.
- Chaudhary VP, Varshney BP. Influence of seedling mat characteristics and machine parameters on performance of self propelled rice transplanter. Agricultural Mechanization in Asia. 2003; 34(2):13–18.
- Behera BK, Varshney BP, Swain S. Influence of seedling mat characteristics on the performance of self propelled rice transplanter. Agricultural Engineers Today. 2007; 31(1):1–6.
- Chaudhary VP, Varshney BP. Performance evaluation of self-propelled rice transplanter under different puddled field conditions and sedimentation periods. Agricultural Mechanization in Asia. 2003; 34(2):23–33.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.