Total views : 229
Development of Tourism and Recreation Activities in Cross-Border Regions of Northwest Russia: General Trends and Features
This article considers the development of tourism and recreation activities in the cross-border regions of Northwest Russia and reveals general trends and features. Tourism is considered to be the current and future direction of social and economic development of the regions because of its attractive cross-border destinations. A number of measures are suggested to stimulate the development of tourism and recreation activities in the cross-border regions of the Northwest of Russia.
Cross-Border Region, Neighboring State, Northwest Russia, Tourism and Recreation Activities, Tourism Infrastructure, Tourist Flow.
- Kochelis DB, Wiskulski T. Cross-border shopping at polish borders tri-city and the Russian tourists. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites. 2012; 9(1):43-51.
- Rafael GRM, Sanchez NDM, Cruz ASG, Cruz CAC, Lopez PS. The impact of nostalgia tourism and family remittances in the development of a rural.
- Spiriajevas E. The impact of tourism factor for development of the South-East Baltic coastal – border regions. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites. 2008; 2(2):118-28.
- Stepanova SV. Cross-border tourism in the Russian Northwest: General trends and features of development. Baltic Region. 2014; 3(21):109-21.
- Timothy DJ. Shopping Tourism, Retailing and Leisure. Clevedon: Channel View Publications; 2005.
- Tomori M. Investigating shopping tourism along the borders of Hungary – A theoretical perspective. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites. 2010; 6(2):202-10.
- Werner F, Kai S. Shopping Tourism in Germany: Impulses in the development of tourism and retail commerce in Germany. Cologne: ISG-Institut fur Sozialforschung und Gesellschaftspolitik; 2005.
- Bar-Kochelis D, Wiskulski T. Cross-border shopping at polish borders tri-city and the Russian tourists. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites. 2012; 9(1):43-51.
- Abramova T. Problems and prospects of the tourist industry in Russia. Bulletin of Institute of Economy of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2011; 4:193-208.
- Batyk IM, Semenova LV. Features of border cooperation of the Varminsko-Mazursky voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region in the sphere of tourism. Baltic Region. 2013; 3(17): 107-19.
- Vinogradova MV, Soldatov PI. Infrastructure of a tourist complex. Bulletin of Tomsk State University. 2009; 3(24):264-70.
- Kretinin G, Ostashkova T. Small border movement as subject of historical research and present. Acta Humanitarica Universitatis Saulensis. 2012; 14:314–21.
- Official site of Federal agency on arrangement of frontier. Russian Federation Electronic Resource. 2015. Available from: www.rosgranitsa.ru
- Pogorelova NV. Theoretical approaches to research of the concept “tourist infrastructure”. Problems of Modern Economy. 2011; 5:57-61.
- Stepanova SV. Tourist infrastructure of border regions of Russia: State and problems of development. News of Far Eastern Federal University, Economy and Management. 2014; 2(70):51-64.
- Fedorov GM, Towns MA, Zhukovsky II. Role of the Kaliningrad region in development of the Russian-German communications. Baltic Region. 2011; 4(10):41-8.
- Shilberg Z. Border cooperation of the Kaliningrad region by the Russian Federation with Lithuania and Poland: Obstacles and opportunities. Baltic Region. 2009; 2:129-35.
- Shulepov VI, Tsvetkova GS. Institute of development of the local markets and formation of an innovative cluster. Innovative Technologies of Management and Right. 2013; 1-2:43-6.
- Maymand MM, Farsijani H, Sara S, Moosavi T. Investigation of Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Jul; 5(7). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2012/v5i7/30515
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.