Total views : 238
Preserving Data Privacy with Record Retrieval using Visual Cryptography and Encryption Techniques
Objectives: Secure data sharing using visual cryptography with selective retrieval upon key match is introduced in this paper. As an illustration, medical and student database is considered. Methods/Analysis: The original database is stored as relational database model. In shared data applications encryption is used to achieve privacy of sensitive (personal) data from unauthorized users. The work includes encryption, selective retrieval, retrieving records with matching markers, etc. The proposed system search records from queries in the encrypted domain itself. Findings: All application related operations like checking for some threshold value, searching for similar records across different users, etc. is included. Because of proposed system any leakage of information over retrieved set of documents is avoided. Existing searching algorithm requires O (n) comparisons (searching operations) at the server to evaluate if the database contains a chosen keyword. The communication overhead minimized between the user and server. The computation is minimized between server and user. It allows the multi-user to search over the encrypted data. Searching time is minimized by relational database management. From encrypted query server cannot, distinguish between documents, determine document contents, check for search keyword and extend beyond decrypted result. Novelty/Improvement: The algorithm is novel in the sense that uncorrelatedness among the different user's data is preserved, along with complete sharing.
Encryption, Data Privacy, Decryption, Record Retrieval, Visual Cryptography.
- Seng WK, Kim MH, Besar R, Salleh F. A secure model for medical data sharing. International Journal of Database Theory and Application. 2005.
- Kurle AS, Patil KR. Survey on privacy preserving mobile health monitoring system using cloud computing. International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Systems (IJEECS). 2015; 3(4):2347–820.
- Akinyele JA, Pagano MW, Green MD, Lehmann CU, Peterson ZNJ, Rubin AD. Securing electronic medical records using attribute-based encryption on mobile devices. SPSM ‘11 Proceedings of the 1st ACM Workshop on Security and Privacy in Smartphones and Mobile Devices; 2011. p. 75–86.
- Lokhande AR, Jamgekar RS, Takalikar RA. Improving privacy in healthcare service by using cloud assisted technologies. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2015; 6(5):4605–10.
- PhuongTVX, Yang G, Susilo W. Hidden ciphertext policy attribute-based encryption under standard assumptions. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2016 Jan; 11(1).
- Kuzu M, Islam MS, Kantarcioglu M. Efficient similarity search over encrypted data [Internet]. 2012. Available from: ieeexplore.ieee.org.
- Khan MS, Wang C, Kulsoom A, Ullah Z. Searching encrypted data on cloud. International Journal of Computer Science. 2013 Nov; 10(6), No 1.
- Hou Y-C, Quan Z-Y, Liao H-Y. New designs for friendly visual cryptography scheme. International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering. 2015 Jan; 5(1).
- Pawar A, Popli SK, Rawat P, Salke P. Security in banking sector using cloud computing with TPA. International Education and Research Journal. 2016 Jan; 2(1).
- Rao RY. Secure visual cryptography. International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science. 2013 Jan; 2(1);265– 303.
- Chougule SM, Mahadik SR. Secure remote authentication using biometric data with steganography for wireless network. International Journal of Innovation in Engineering, Research and Technology. 2013 Apr; 2(4).
- Asole SS, Mundada SM. A survey on securing databases from unauthorized users. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. 2013 Apr; 2(4).
- Raja AY, Perumal SA. WSES: High secured data encryption and authentication using weaving, rotation and flipping. ICTACT Journal on Communication Technology. 2015 Dec; 6(4).
- Menon KN, Kuriakose M. A novel visual cryptographic scheme using Floyd Steinberg halftoning and block replacement algorithms. International Journal of Advanced Research in Biology, Ecology, Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 1(1).
- Bhadran RA. An improved visual cryptography scheme for colour images. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2015 Aug; 2(5).
- Yelane RD, Mhala NN, Chilke BJ. Security approach by using visual cryptographic technique. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2015 Jan; 5(1).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.