Total views : 288
Weighted Quality of Service based Ranking of Web Services
Background/Objectives: The primary objective of the study is to evaluate the performance of Composite Web Service based on the parameters relating to Quality of Service by using statistical methodologies. Methods/Statistical Analysis: By using Web Service Crawler Engine we have collected data on eleven parameters of interest from a more number of Web Services. Among the eleven parameters we have selected six parameters of importance using the sampling of thirty Web Services. We have constructed the weight matrix for the parameters. By using Web Services Relevancy Function ranking has been done for three different scenarios. Using Spearman's Rank Correlation Coefficient we have compared the scenarios. Findings: The graphical representation of the three scenarios shows varying pattern. The Spearman's Rank Correlation coefficient of the Web Services Relevancy Function varied widely among the sampled Web Services. F-Test revealed that there are no significant differences in respect of weights of Quality of Web Services for three different scenarios. We concluded that weight assigned for Quality of Service parameters in Scenario I is preferred than the scenarios II and III through the evaluations. Application/Improvements: The technique developed in this research paper can be applied for the comparison of Web Services during discovery to enhance the performance of the Composite Web Service.
F-Test, Quality of Service, Rank Correlation, Selection, Web Services.
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Services Glossary; 2004. Available from: http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-gloss
- Karimi M, Safi F. Improving response time of web service composition based on QoS Properties. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16). DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2015/v8i16/55122
- Ghayekhloo S, Bayram Z. A novel rubric and feature-based appraisal and comparison framework for the evaluation of semantic web services composition approaches. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(33). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i33/72733.
- Maheswari S, Karpagam GR. Comparative analysis of semantic web service selection methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(S3). DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2015/v8i1/60499.
- Zeng L, Benatallah B, Anne, Ngu HH, Dumas M, Kalananam J, Chang H. QoS–Aware middleware for web services composition. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. 2005; 30(5):311–27.
- Menasce DA. Composing WebServices: A QoS view. IEEE Transactions on Internet Computing. 2004; 8(6):88–90.
- Tong H, Zhang S. A fuzzy multi-attribute decision making algorithm for web services selection based on QoS. IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Services Computing (APSCC’ 06); 2006. p. 1–7.
- Rosario S, Benveniste A, Haar S, Jard C. Probabilistic QoS and soft contracts for transaction-based web services orchestrations. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 2008; 1(4):187–200.
- Xiong PC, Fan YS, Zhou MC. Web service configuration under multiple quality-of-service attributes. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. 2009; 6(2):311–21.
- Wang SQ, Sun F, Yang. Quality of service measure approach of web service for service selection. The Institution of Engineering and Technology. 2012; 6(2):148–54.
- Cui Y, Chen C, Zhao Z. Web service selection based on credible user recommended and QoS. 2012 IEEE/ACIS 11th International Conference on Computer and Information Science; 2012. p. 637–42.
- Harshavardhanan P, Akilandeswari J, Sarathkumar R. Dynamic web services discovery and selection using QoS-broker architecture. 2012 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI ); Coimbatore, India. 2012.
- Wu J, Chen L, Feng Y, Zheng Z. Predicting quality of service for selection by neighborhood - based collaborative filtering. IEEE Transactions on systems, Man, and Cybernetics Systems. 2013. p. 428–39.
- Xianglan H, Yangguang L, Bin X. A survey on QoS-aware dynamic web service selection. Wireless Communications. Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM); 7th International IEEE Conference; 2011.
- Oh SC, Lee D, Kumara SRT. Effective web service composition in diverse and large – scale service networks. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 2008; 1(1):1–18.
- Shuchao W, Jun W, Jingyu S. Developing a selection model for interactive web services. IEEE Proc of IEEE ICWS 06; Piscataway, NJ. 2006. p. 231–8.
- Masri A, Mahmoud, QH. Discovering the best web service. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW ’07); New York, NY, USA. 2007. p. 1257–8.
- Masri A, Mahmoud QH. Crawling multiple UDDI business registries. 16th International World Wide Web Conference; 2007. p. 1255–6.
- Masri A, Mahmoud QH. A framework for efficient discovery of web services across heterogeneous registries. IEEE Consumer Communication and Networking Conference; 2007. p. 415–9.
- Masri A, Mahmoud QH. qos based discovery and ranking of web services. Proceedings of ICCCN 2007 16th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks; 2007.
- Long D, Fox M. An overview and analysis of the results of the 3rd international planning competition. Journal of AI Research. 2003; 20:1–59.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.