Total views : 129
On the Concept of the Wave Compressor and Optimal Shock-Wave Structures
Objectives: This paper considers the concept of shock wave compressor in which the compression occurs not in the impeller machine, but in the optimal system of triple shock waves configurations. Methods/Analysis: A review of the works being conducted in the world in this field is provided. The basics of the gas-dynamic discontinuities interference theory are given; the development sequence of the theory of optimal (extreme) shock-wave structures is shown. Findings: The task of designing a new gas compression device - the shock-wave compressor is considered. Differences from other similar devices are discussed. The model air intake tract for the wave compressor is designed. The calculations of the model wave machine are provided. Comparison with multistage axial compressor shows that starting with a compression ratio of 25, the degree of full throating pressure restoration, provided by a shock wave compressor is not smaller than that of an impeller machine. Although, the size and weight of the shock wave compressor is much lower. Novelty/Improvement: Relevant is the task of reducing the size and decreasing the number of stages in the high-pressure compressors of refrigerators and other turbomachinery. Our results allow us to offer the concept of the compressor in which the number of stages is significantly reduced through the use of a gas compression in optimal shock-wave structures. The potential advantage in comparison to the traditional axial compressors is demonstrated.
A Triple Configuration of Shock Waves, Axial Compressor, Centrifugal Compressor, Shock Wave, Shock Wave Structure, Wave Compressor
- Lawlor SP, Baldwin P. Conceptual design of a supersonic CO2 Compressor. Proceedings of ASME Turbo Expo: Power for Land, Sea, and Air; USA. 2005 Jun 6-9. p.309–16.
- Uskov et al. Interference of stationary gasdynamic discontinuities [in Russian]. Novosibirsk: Publishing house Nauka; 1995. p. 180.
- Uskov, et al. Analysis of the regions of existence of solutions of the stationary gasdynamic discontinuities interference [in Russian]. Part of the collection Unsteady Gas Flows with Shock Waves. 1990. p. 359–72.
- Uskov VM, Chernyshov MV. Extreme shock-wave systems and interaction of their elements [in Russian]. Proceedings of 23 Russian Seminar with International Participation on Jet, Separated and Unsteady Flows; 2012. p. 351.
- Uskov VN. Omelchenko AV. Interference of non-stationary oblique shock waves. Technical Physics Letters. 2002; 28(6):491–3.
- Uskov VN, et al. Optimal triple configurations of stationary shocks. Proceedings of the 24th International Simposium on Shock Waves; 2004. p. 499–504.
- Uskov VN, Chernyshov MV. Special and extreme triple shock-wave configurations. Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics. 2006; 47(4):492–504.
- Uskov VN, et al. Triple configurations of stationary and moving shock waves [in Russian]. Proceedings of Russian Seminar on Aerohydrodynamics dedicated to the 90th Anniversary of the birth of Sergei Vasilyevich Wallander. 2008. p. 87–92.
- Uskov VN, et al. Special and optimal triple configurations of stationary and moving shock waves [in Russian].Proceedings of 21 Russian Seminar with International Participation on Jet, Separated and Unsteady Flows; 2007.p. 87–92.
- Bulat PV, et al. On classification of flow regimes in a channel with sudden expansion. Thermophysics and Aeromechanics. 2012; 19(2):233–46.
- Bulat PV, et al. Base pressure oscilations [in Russian].Fundamental Research. 2013; 3:204–7.
- Bulat PV, Bulat MP. Comparison of turbulence models in the calculation of supersonic separated flows. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2013; 27(10):1263–66.
- Bulat PV, Ilina TE. The problem of detonation engine creation [in Russian]. Fundamental Research. 2013; 10:1904–8.
- Vasilev AA. Application features of detonation in propulsion systems. Pulse detonation engines [in Russian]. Under the edit of Frolov S. M. Publishing house Torus Press; 2006. p. 129–58.
- Uskov VN. Travelling one-dimensional waves. Textbook [in Russian]. Baltic State Technical University Voenmeh; 2000. p. 220.
- Gang T, Uskov VN. Optimal triple configurations. Proceedings of 18th International Seminar held by Baltic State Technical University Voenmeh; 2000. p. 76.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.