Total views : 338
A Survey on Effective Bug Prioritizing using Instance Selection and Feature Selection Techniques
Background/Objectives: This paper represents a review of how to fix bugs and how to accurately assign a brand new bug to a particular developer. Software firms pay over 45 % of value in coping with computer code bugs. A complicated process of fixing bugs is bug triage that aims to accurately assign a developer to a brand new bug. To diminish the time value in human work, text classification techniques are used to conduct automatic bug sorting. Methods: Findings: In this paper, we possess a mind set to address the problem of knowledge reduction for bug sorting, i.e., the means to prune back the ratio and improve the standard of bug knowledge. We associate instance selection with feature selection to at the same time cut back knowledge ratio on the bug dimension and also the word dimension. To make away the parliamentary procedure of applying instance selection and feature election, we extract attributes from historical bug knowledge sets and build a prophetic model for a brand new bug knowledge set. We induce a tendency to thorough empirical observation and to investigate the execution of data reduction of the whole 600,000 bug reports of 2 giant open supply comes, namely Eclipse and Mozilla. Data reduction techniques such as classification and prediction method can be used to cut down the large bug dataset (by removing noisy and irrelevant data), and predict the correct answer for the bugs by applying keywords and properties. A classification method such as Bayesian Classification is used to classify the incoming bug dataset. Properties of Instance Selection and Feature Selection techniques are merged along with the attributes and keywords to solve the problem of bug prioritizing. Applications/Improvements: These outcomes demonstrate that the data reduction will effectively cut back the knowledge ratio and improve the accuracy of bug sorting. Our work provides associate approach to investment techniques on processing to create decreased and high-quality bug expertise in computer code development and sustenance. Regression analysis techniques can also be applied to a decision table to calculate the effort that is needed to resolve an incoming bug.
Bayesian Classification, Data Reduction, Feature Selection, Instance Selection, Regression Analysis.
- Gladence LM, Ravi T, Karthi M. An enhanced method for detecting congestive heart failure-automatic classifier. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), Ramanathapuram; 2014. p. 586–90.
- Anvik J, Hiew L, Murphy GC. Who should fix this bug? Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Software Engineering. 2006. p. 361–70.
- Artzi S, Kiezun A, Dolby J, Tip F, Dig D, Paradkar A, Ernst MD. Finding bugs in web applications using dynamic test generation and explicit-state model checking. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. 2010; 36(4):474–94.
- Balog K, Azzopardi L, de Rijke M. Formal models for expert finding in enterprise corpora. Proceedings of 29th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research Development in Information Retrieval; 2006. p. 43–50.
- Breu S, Premraj R, Sillito J, Zimmermann T. Information needs in bug reports: Improving cooperation between developers and users. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work. 2010. p. 301–10.
- Jeong G, Kim S, Zimmermann T. Improving bug triage with tossing graphs. Proceedings of the Joint Meeting 12th European Software Engineering Conference 17th ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on Foundations Software Engineering; 2009. p. 111–20.
- Bishnu PS, Bhattacherjee V. Software fault prediction using quad tree-based k-means clustering algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge Data Engineering. 2012; 24(6):1146–50.
- Bolon-Canedo V, Sanchez-Marono N, Alonso-Betanzos A. A review of feature selection methods on synthetic data. Knowledge and Information Systems. 2013; 34(3):483– 519.
- Cubranic D, Murphy GC. Automatic bug triage using text categorization. Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Software Engineering Knowledge Engineering; 2004. p. 1–6.
- Gharehchopogh FS, Khaze SR, Maleki I. A new approach in bloggers classification with hybrid of k-nearest neighbor and artificial neural network algorithms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(3):237–46. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i3/59570.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.