Total views : 256
Relative Permeability Hysteresis in Hydrophilic Collectors with Different Saturation types
Multiphase flow is a subject of study in many knowledge areas. Cyclic changes of pore space saturation causes the appearance of relative permeability hysteresis. Correct account of this phenomenon is needed to avoid errors and inaccuracies in flow simulation of technological and natural processes. Role of relative permeability hysteresis and impact of this phenomenon on oil recovery process is insufficiently studied: Researches usually observe one cycle of saturation change. Goal of the present work is to identify consistent patterns of hysteresis processes in porous hydrophilic systems with different types of fluid saturation. The article presents results of relative permeability experimental studies at cyclical saturation changes in water-gas, water-oil-gas, water-oil (kerosene) systems. Hysteresis phenomenon was found in all systems explored. Qualitative and quantitative description of the observed effects is presented with interpretation in terms of the surface energy at fluid’s interface. For water-oil (kerosene) system permeability hysteresis and qualitative differences in drainage/imbibition stages are mechanism of coverage ratio increase in cyclic flooding EOR.
Hydrophilic Collector, Oil Recovery Process, Relative Permeability Hysteresis, Water-Gas System, Water-Oil- Gas System, Water-Oil System.
- Bedricovetsky P, Plohr B, Marchesin D, De Souza AJ. Hysteresys in three-phase porous media. 8th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery; Freiberg, Germany. 2002 Sep 3-6.
- Buzinov SN, Mikhailovsky AA. Relative permeability hysteresis in gas and water two-phase filtration processes. Gas Industry. 2009; 5:48–51.
- Charny I. A. gas storage in horizontal and flat-lying aquifers. Moscow: Nedra; 1968.
- Egermann P. Hysteresis in three-phase flow: Experiments. Modeling and Reservoir Simulation. European Petroleum Conference; Paris, France. 2000 Oct 24-25.
- Element DJ, Masters JHK, Sargent NC, Jayasekera AJ, Goodyear SG. Assessment of three-phase relative permeability models using laboratory hysteresis data. SPE International Improved Oil Recovery Conference in Asia Pacific; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 2003 Oct 20-21.
- Faizrakhmanov RR. Cycle displacement and capillary imbibition processes in underground gas storage. [PhD thesis]. Moscow: Gazprom VNIIgaz; 2003.
- Hinderaker L, Steinar N. Utilization of Associated Petroleum Gas (APG) - The Norwegian Experience. SPE Russian Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition; Moscow, Russia. 2010 Oct 26-28.
- Khlebnokov VN, Mishin AS, Antonov SV, Kokorev VI, Darischev VI, Akhmadeishin IA, Bugaev KA, Chubanov OV. Water and gas mixtures filtration mechanism experimental research. Vestnik CKR Rosnedra. 2012; 3:8–14.
- Kokorev VI, Darischev VI, Chubanov OV, Bugaev KA, Ivanov DA, Polischuk AM, Shmidt AP, Akhmadeishin IA. Correlation models for relative permeability description. Vestnik CKR Rosnedra. 2013; 3:15–22.
- Kokorev VI, Karpov VB, Darischev VI, Akhmadeishin IA, Bugaev KA, Schekoldin KA, Dedechko VA, Polischuk AM, Shelyago EV, Yazynina IV. Hysteresis of relative permeabilities in water-gas stimulation of oil reservoirs. SPE Russian Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Technical Conference and Exhibition; Moscow, Russia. 2014 Oct 14-16.
- Larsen JA, Skauge A. Methodology for numerical simulation with cycle-dependent relative permeabilities. SPE Journal. 1998; 3(2):163–73.
- Lobanova AN. Geological and technological conditions for efficiency increase of underground gas storage facilities creation and exploitation. [PhD thesis]. Moscow: Gazprom VNIIgaz; 2007.
- 13 Mischenko IT, Bravicheva TB, Bravichev KA, Sardanashvili ON. Research of layered reservoirs development efficiency in justifying of reservoir pressure change boundaries, excluding collector permanent deformation (for conditions of productive layers JK10-11 of Talinskaya Square, Krasnoleninskoe oilfield). Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas Proccedings. 2010; 4:38–45.
- Skauge A, Matr B. Three-phase relative permeabilities in brine-oil-microemulsion systems. Fifth European Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery; Budapest, Hungary. 1989 Apr 25-27.
- Sohrabi M, Tehrani DH, Danesh A, Henderson GD. Visualization of oil recovery by water-alternating-gas injection using high-pressure micromodels. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition; New Orleans, Louisiana. 2001 Sept 30-Oct 3.
- Spiteri EJ, Juanes R. Impact of relative permeability hysteresis on the numerical simulation of WAG injection. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition; Houston, Texas. 2004 Sep 26-29.
- Spiteri EJ, Juanes R, Blunt MJ, Orr FM. A new model of trapping and relative permeability hysteresis for all wetting characteristics. SPE Journal. 2008; 13(3):277–88.
- Suekane T, Nobuso T, Hirai S, Kiyota M. Geological storage of carbon dioxide by residual gas and solubility trapping. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. 2008; 2(1):58–64.
- Tiab D, Donaldson EC. Petrophysics - Theory and practice of measuring reservoir rock and fluid transport properties. 2nd Ed. Elsevier Inc. 2004.
- Tweheyo MT, Talukdar MS, Torsater O. Hysteresis effects in capillary pressure. Relative permeability and resistivity index of North Sea Chalk. Trondheim: Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU); 2001.
- Vafin AR, Khabirov LK, Bakirov II, Ganiev TI. Organization of non-stationary flooding based on geological and hydrodynamic modeling - example of pilot bobrikov horizont of Sabanchinskoye oil field development. Bugulma: TatNIPIneft; 2014.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.