Total views : 255
Research on the Performance of the Controlled Arc Suppression Reactors in Electric Distribution Networks 6–35 kV
The paper presents the experimental results of performance evaluation of two types of Arc Suppression Reactors (ASRs): traditional (plunger-type) and Magnetically Controlled (MC-type). The aperiodic component in reactor current is observed and its influence on reactors response speed is analyzed. It is shown that the delay in complete capacitive earth-fault current compensation is determined mostly by aperiodic component and not by forcing of magnetic excitation of MC-type ASRs. From this point of view ASRs of both type show similar performance and the criterion for their correct comparison is still has to be discovered.
Arc Suppression, Capacitive Current Compensation, Distribution Network, Petersen Coil, Single-Phase Earth Fault.
- Conwell RN, Evans RD. The Petersen earth coil. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers. 1922; 41:77–93. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TAIEE. 1922.5060763
- Petersen W. Limitation of earth current and suppression of earth fault arcs by the earthing coil. Elektrotechnische Zeitschrif. 1919 Jan; 40(5-7):17–9.
- Electric installation code (7 ed). Saint-Petersburg: DEAN; 2013.
- RD 34.20.179 Standard instruction of earth fault current’s compensation in electric networks 6–35 kV. Moscow: SPO Soyuztehenergo; 1988.
- Oliver JM, Eberhardt WW. Operating performance of a Petersen earth coil. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers. 1923; 42:435–45. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/T-AIEE.1923.5060885
- Kachesov VE. Single-phase fault in the electric networks of medium and high voltage. [Doctoral dissertation]. Novosibirsk, Russia: Novosibirsk State Technical University; 2008.
- Likhachev FA. Earth faults in networks with isolated neutral and compensation of capacitive currents. Moscow: Energiya; 1971.
- Concordia C, Peterson HA. Arcing faults in power systems. AIEE Transactions. 1941; 60:340–6. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/t-aiee.1941.5058343
- Krichko V, Mironov I. Features of the application of arc suppression coils. Novosti Elektrotekhniki. 2007; 1.
- Likhachev FA. The choice, installation and operation of arc suppression devices. Moscow: Gosenergoizdat; 1954.
- Bryantsev AM, Lurie AI, Dolgopolov AG, Evdokunin GA, Bazylev BI. Magnetization-controlled Arc Suppression Coils with automatic compensation of the capacitive earth fault current for electric networks 6–35 kV. Elektrichestvo. 2000; 7:59–68.
- Folliot P, Boyer JM, Bolle S. Neutral grounding reactor for medium voltage networks. International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution (CIRED), Part 1: Contributions; 2001; 1.Available from: http://dx.doi. org/10.1049/cp:20010677
- Winter K. The RCC ground fault neutralizer. A novel scheme for fast earth-fault protection. 18th International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution (CIRED); Turin. 2005 Jun 6-9. Available from: http:// dx.doi.org/10.1049/cp:20051164
- Aliyev RG, Dolgopolov SG, Dolgopolov AG. Features of magnetization-controlled arc suppression coils and ways of improvement. Energetik. 2012; 8.
- Shirkovets AI, Valov VN, Petrov MI. Tasks of automatic control of ground fault current compensation’s mode. Releynaya zashchita i avtomatizatsiya. 2015; 2:32–8.
- Razevig DV. High-voltage technique. Moscow: Energiya; 1976.
- Shirkovets A, Telegin A, Senchenko V, Kirichenko V. Highfrequency recording system for transient processes in 6–110 kV electrical networks. Electric Power Quality and Supply Reliability Conference (PQ); 2014.
- Likhachev FA. Arc grounding’s burning and overvoltages arising from the reignitions. Naladochnyye i eksperimental’nyye raboty ORGRES. 1964; 31:176–83.
- Matveev DA., Khrenov SI. Performance of the controlled arc suppression coils in electric networks of 6–35 kV: Theoretical aspects. Elektrichestvo. 2015; 1:34–8.
- Matveev DA, Khrenov SI, Zhuykov AV, Nikulov II. Determination of the effectiveness of compensation of capacitive currents of single-phase ground fault by arc suppression coils of different designs on the test bench. Russian Electrical Engineering. 2015; 8:59–64.
- Zareen N, Mustafa MW. Real time energy imbalance management scheme for electric vehicles in the smart grid. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb, 8(S3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/60535.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.