Total views : 251
Biopharmaceutical Investigations of Microcapsulated Drug Formulation of Vinpocetine
In the experimental investigations using dispersion technique microcapsulated drug formulation of vinpocetine was obtained in a system «liquid-liquid». The process of release of the drug substance from microcapsules was studied in vitro in a dependence on the size of drug formulation, composition of the shell and dispersion medium where microcapsules were obtained. Optimal composition was selected for the elaborated drug formulation. Fused beeswax and cocoa butter in the ratio of 3:2 was found to be the most rational composition for the microcapsules with vinpocetine where the purified water and 2% solution of Na-CM cellulose was applied as dispersion medium.
Biopharmaceutical Investigations, Microcapsulation, Vinpocetine.
- Reilly TJ. The neurology-psychiatry divide: A thought experiment. BJPsych Bull. 2015; 39:134–5.
- Shin JA, Jeong SI, Kim MS, Yoon JC, Kim HS, Park EM. Visceral adipose tissue inflammation is associated with age-related brain changes and ischemic brain damage in aged mice. Brain Behav Immun. 2015; 8:456–65.
- Torres KJ, Gottle P, Kremer D, Rivera JF, Aguirre-Cruz L, Corona T. Vinpocetine inhibits oligodendroglial precursor cell differentiation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012; 30:711–22.
- Ogunrin A. Effect of vinpocetine (cognitol) on cognitive performances of a Nigerian population. Ann Med Health Sci Res. 2014; 4:654–61.
- Szapary L, Kesmarky G, Toth K, Misnyovszky M, Toth T, Balogh A. Vinpocetin in neurological diseases. Feher G. IdeggyogySz. 2012; 65:387–93.
- Szakacs T, Veres Z, Vereczkey L. In vitro–in vivo correlation of the pharmacokinetics of vinpocetine. Pol J Pharmacol. 2001; 53:623–8.
- Luo YF, Chen DW, Ren LX, Zhao XL, Qin J. Solid lipid nanoparticles for enhancing vinpocetine's oral bioavailability. Journal of Controlled Release. 2006; 114:53–9.
- Costa RR, Alatorre-Meda M, Mano JF. Drug nano-reservoirs synthesized using layer-by-layer technologies. Biotechnol Adv. 2015; 8:234–45.
- Geno KA, Gilbert GL, Song JY, Skovsted IC, Klugman KP, Jones C. Pneumococcal capsules and their types: Past, present and future. ClinMicrobiol Rev. 2015; 28:871–99.
- Sadowsky CH, Micca JL, Grossberg GT, Velting DM. Rivastigmine from capsules to patch: Therapeutic advances in the management of Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease dementia. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2014; 16:67–74.
- Andrade B, Song Z, Li J, Zimmerman SC, Cheng J, Moore JS. New frontiers for encapsulation in the chemical industry. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015; 7:6359–68.
- Neubauer MP, Poehlmann M, Fery A. Microcapsule mechanics: From stability to function. Adv Colloid Interface Sci. 2014; 207:65–80.
- Benita NY. Microencapsulation, methods and industrial applications. London: CRC Press; 2006. p. 750.
- PolkovnikovaYuA, Stepanova EF, Kul IYa. The study of the influence of conditions of microencapsulation on the physical and technological characteristics of the microcapsules of afobazole. The Successes of Modern Science. 2011; 5:75–7.
- Aubert-Pouessel A. Preparation of PLGA of PLGA microparticles by an emulsion-extraction process using glycofurol as polymersolvent. Pharm Res. 2004; 21:2384–91.
- Cinteza O. Influence of the polymer on the release of hydrophilic drugs from microstructured carriers. Rev Roum Chim. 2004; 49:1005–13.
- Gasperini L, Mano JF, Reis RL. Natural polymers for the microencapsulation of cells. J R Soc Interface. 2014; 11.
- Kamei S. Method of producing sustained–release microcapsules. J Pharm and Pharmacol. 1999; 6:212–27.
- Kino S. Sustained release microsphere preparation containing antipsychotic drug. J Pharm and Pharmacol. 2000; 12:421–30.
- PolkovnikovaYuA, Stepanova EF, Kul IYa. The possibility of creating a prolonged dosage forms of afobazole (review). Scientific Statements BelGU Ser. Medicine, Pharmacy. 2010; 10:89–92.
- Bollampally K, Dzever S. The impact of RFID on pharmaceutical supply chains: India, China and Europe Compared. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(S4). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS4/71218.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.