Total views : 366
PSO-Enabled Privacy Preservation of Data Clustering
Background/Objective: Privacy is the vital issue when sharing of the data comes into picture. The demand and scope for privacy is increasing day-by-day as data storage techniques have emerged from standalone database to distributed database and then progressed to parallel databases. K-means and Fuzzy C-means (FCM) are the frequently used clustering algorithms for standalone database, distributed database and parallel databases. The current paper highlights Particle Swam Optimization algorithm along with Fuzzy C-means clustering algorithm technique for preserving the privacy on distributed databases. Methods/Statistics Analysis: The experimentation is performed by means of the datasets accessible in the UCI machine-learning repository. The main benefit of the suggested technique is that, this technique will assess in terms of their privacy of cluster. Therefore, the technique plans to give improved visibility for the protected data. The technique is executed in the working platform of MATLAB and the effects will be examined to show the presentation of the suggested clustering technique. Findings: The performance of the proposed clustering technique based on privacy preserving is analyzed for accuracy and Database Different Ratio (DBDR) on six UCI medical related data sets namely Hugerian dataset, Cleveland data set, Reprocessed Hugerian data sets, Long Beach V.A data, BUPA and liver disorder data. Performance improvement observed in the range of 3%-6% on each of the six data sets compared to K-means algorithm. Application/Implementation: The main benefit of the suggested technique is that technique will have to assess in terms of their privacy of cluster. Therefore, the technique plans to give improved visibility for the protected data
Clustering, Distributed Data, K-means, PPSSI, PSO
- Diesburg SM, Wang A. A survey of confidential data storage and deletion methods. ACM Computing Surveys (CUSR).2010; 43(1). Available from: Crossref
- Aggarwal C, Yu P. Springer-Verlag: USA: PrivacyPreserving Data Mining Models and Algorithms. 2008.
- Available from: Crossref
- Vaidya J, Clifton C. Privacy preserving k-means clustering over vertically partitioned data. The 9th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. 2003; p. 206-15. Crossref
- Aruna Kumari D, Rajasekhar Rao K, Suman M. Chennai: International Conference on CNSA: Privacy preserving distributed data mining using Steganography. 2010; p. 263-69.
- Anuradha T, Suman M, Aruna Kumari D. Data obscuration in privacy preserving data mining. ICWS’09: Proceedings International conference on web sciences. 2009.
- Agrawal R, Srikant R. Privacy Preserving Data Mining.USA: Dallas, Texas: Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD’00). 2009; p. 439-50. PMid:19207352 PMCid:PMC2697821
- Patel M, Richariya P, Shrivastava A. A review paper on Privacy Preserving Data Mining. Compusoft: International Journal of Advanced Computer Technology. 2013; 2(9):296-99.
- Charu C. Aggarwal TJ. On k-Anonymity and the Curse of Dimensionality. Norway: Trondheim: Proceedings of the 31st VLDB Conference. 2005; p. 901-09.
- Machanavajjhala A, Kifer D, Gehrke J, Venkita Subramanian M. ℓ-Diversity: Privacy Beyond K-Anonymity. Journal of ACM Transactions on Knowledge discovery from Data (TKDD). 2007; 1(1).
- Fung B, Wang K, Chen R, Yu P S. Privacy Preserving Data Publishing: A Survey of Recent Development. ACM Computing surveys. 2010; 42(4).
- Bayardo RJ, Agrawal R. Data privacy through optimal k-anonymization. ICDE’05: 21st International Conference on Data Engineering. 2005; p. 217-28. Available from: Crossref
- Bertino E, Ooi BC, Yang Y, Deng RH. Privacy and ownership preserving of outsourced medical data. ICDE’05: 21st International Conference on Data Engineering. 2005; p. 521-32. Available from: Crossref
- Mukherjee S, Chen Z, Gangopadhyay A. A privacy-preserving technique for Euclidean distance-based mining algorithms using Fourier-related transforms. The VLDB Journal. 2006; 15(4):293-315. Available from: Crossref
- Kantarcioglu M, Clifton C. Privacy-Preserving Distributed Mining of Association Rules on Horizontally Partitioned Data. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2004; 16(9):1026-37. Available from: Crossref
- Wang J, Zhang J, Xu S, Zhong W. A Novel Data Distortion Approach via Selective SSVD for Privacy Protection.International Journal of Information and Computer Security. 2007; 2(1):48-70. Available from: Crossref
- Kotsiantis S, Kanellopoulos D. Association Rules Mining: A Recent Overview. GESTS International Transactions on Computer Science and Engineering. 2006; 32(1):71-82.
- Kaoru S. SAS Institute: SAS Institute Best Practices Paper: Data Mining and the Case for Sampling. 1999; 18:361-80.
- Kargupta H, Chan P. USA: MIT Press: Advances in distributed and parallel data mining. 2000. PMid:11017408
- Zaki M, Ho C. (Eds.). Large-scale parallel data mining.Springer-Verlag: Berlin Heidelberg: Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence. 2000; 1759:1-8.
- ChiaT, KannapanS. Strategically Mobile Agents. Germany: Berlin: Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Mobile Agent. 1997; p. 149-61. Available from: Crossref
- Krishnaswamy S, Loke SW, Zaslavsky A. Cost Models for Distributed Data Mining. USA: Chicago: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering. 2000; p. 1-8.
- Han J, Kamber M. Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques.CA: San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers. 2001.
- Ross TJ. USA: McGraw Hill International Editions: Fuzzy Logic with Engineering Applications. 1997.
- Wong WK, Cheung DW, Hung E, Kao B, Mamoulis.Security in outsourcing of association rule mining. Austria: Vienna: Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Very Large data bases. 2007; p. 111-22.
- Qiu L, Li Y, Wu X. Preserving privacy in association rule mining with bloom filters. Journal on Intelligent Information Systems. 2007; 29(3):253-78. Available from: Crossref
- Lin JL, Cheng Y-W. Privacy preserving item set mining through noisy items. International Journal on Expert Systems with Applications. 2009; 36(3):5711-17.
- Yi X, Zhang Y. Privacy-preserving distributed association rule mining via semi-trusted mixer. Data and Knowledge Engineering. 2007; 63(2):550-67. Available from: Crossref
- Su C, Sakurai K. A Distributed Privacy-Preserving Association Rules Mining Scheme Using Frequent-Pattern Tree. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag: Advanced Data Mining and Applications. 2008; p. 170-81. Available from: Crossref
- Samet S, Miri A. Privacy-preserving back-propagation and extreme learning machine algorithms. Data and Knowledge Engineering. 2012; 79-80:40-61. Available from: Crossref
- Suganya M, Nagarajan S. Message Passing in Clusters using Fuzzy Density based Clustering. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 July; 8(16). Crossref
- Gayathri S, Mary Metilda M, Sanjai Babu S. A Shared Nearest Neighbor Density based Clustering Approach on a Proclus Method to Cluster High Dimensional Data.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22).Crossref
- Gayathri S, Mary Metilda M, Sanjai Babu S. A Weighted Distance Metric Clustering Method to Cluster Small Data Points from a Projected Database Generated from a Free span Algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Sep; 8(22). Crossref
- Parimala M, Daphne Lopez S. Kaspar. K-Neighbourhood Structural Similarity Approach for Spatial Clustering. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23). Crossref
- Razia Sulthana A, Ramasamy Subburaj. An Improvised Ontology based K-Means Clustering Approach for Classification of Customer Reviews. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(15). Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.