Total views : 384
The Nucleolus as a Strategy for Resources Optimization in LANs on Power Line Communications
Background/Objectives: At present HPAV lacks an efficient mechanism for the optimization of resources. The objective of this paper is to propose the use of the Nucleolus as a strategy to provide a solution to the problem. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The paper raises two separate scenarios, formed by twelve nodes each, in conditions of channel and traffic clearly established. It proceeded to implement a solution to the problem through two methods: Nucleolus and Linear Programming, in order to make a comparison of treatments, through an analysis of means, under the use the test called paired-t and with this evaluate the behavior of the Nucleolus as a strategy for the optimization of resources. Findings: The use of Nucleolus is a novel strategy for optimizing resources within the PLC technology, considering the importance that game theory has been gaining as a tool to analyze complex optimization situations in various fields of knowledge and also that no found similar work in the various bibliographic sources consulted. Based on the results obtained it showed that the Nucleolus made a better allocation of BW in comparison with the optimization method of Linear Programming, to minimize the difference between BW requested and the BW allocated for each node, with a 95% confidence. However, although the method is efficient, the computational complexity of the algorithm increases dramatically as increase the number of nodes. Application/Improvements: It is recommended to investigate on alternative methods to calculate the Nucleolus that offer a computational complexity and temporary reduced, in order to facilitate its implementation in low-cost embedded systems.
Game Theory, LAN Networks, Nucleolus, Power Line Communications, Resource Optimization.
- Anatory J, Theethayi N. Broadband power-line communication systems: Theory and Applications. 1a ed. Southampton, England: WIT Press; 2010. p. 193.
- Latchman H, Srinivas K, Yonge L, Gavette S. Homeplug AV and IEEE 1901. A Handbook for PLC Designers and Users. 1a ed. New Jersey, USA: Wiley-IEEE Press; 2013. p. 384.
- Perez J, Jimeno J, Tena E. Teoria de juegos. 1 ed. Madrid, Espana: Pearson-Prentice Hall; 2003.
- Ramirez RD. Cooperacion en la cadena de suministro de la energía electrica en Colombia. Universidad del Norte; 2008.
- Peleg B, Sudholter P. Introduction to the theory of cooperative games. Springer; 2007. p. 348.
- Selvakumari K, Lavanya S. An approach for solving fuzzy game problem. Indian J Sci Technol [Internet] 2015; 8(15). [cited 2016 Jul 2]. Available from: http://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/article/view/56807
- Rodriguez M. Contribuciones a la teoría del valor en juegos en forma estrategica y en problemas de bancarrota. Científico S de P e I, editor. Universidad Santiago de Compostela; 2005.
- Garcia J. Complejidad y algoritmos en juegos cooperativos. [Thesis PhD]. Universidad de Sevilla; 2000.
- Schmeidler D. The Nucleolus of a characteristic function game. SIAM J Appl Math. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 1969 Nov; 17(6):1163–70.
- Puente del Campo MA (Maria A. Aportaciones a la representabilidad de juegos simples y al calculo de soluciones de esta clase de juegos. Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya; 2004.
- Babu G, Anuhya A, Venkatram N. Digital signal processing scheme for open loop and closed loop IFOG using Matlab/Simulink. Indian J Sci Technol. [Internet] 2016;9(11). [cited 2016 Jul 2]. Available from: http://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/article/view/86935
- Berens P. CircStat: A Matlab toolbox for circular statistics. J Stat Softw. 2009; 31(10):1–21.
- Sudhakar T, Rajan M, Srinivasan K. Modeling and simulation of distribution network with the integration of distribution generator using Matlab. Indian J Sci Technol. [Internet] 2016; 9(12). [cited 2016 Jul 2]. Available from: http://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/article/view/89947
- Sancha S, Canete FJ, Diez L, Entrambasaguas JT. A channel simulator for indoor power-line communications. 2007 IEEE International Symposium on Power Line Communications and its Applications [Internet] IEEE; 2007 p. 104–9. [cited 2014 Mar 26]. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=4231680
- Khemiri R, Sayadi F, Atri M. MatLab-GPU-based 2D-DWT acceleration for JPEG2000 with single and double-precision. Indian J Sci Technol. [Internet] 2016; 9(12) [cited 2016 Jul]. Available from: http://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/article/view/80526.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.